• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2008 - 2009 World Football Thread (EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's official. Cesc Fabregas out for 4 months. Probably the season in all likelyhood.

What the hell do the Gunners do now? There's nobody to get in the transfer market....could they pry Diego out of Werder Bremen?

With all the injuries...I don't think they can hold off Villa for the 4th spot.

What does the midfield look like now?

Ramsey--Denilson--Nasri--Song?

of

Eboue--Song--Nasri--Denilson?

I think Nasri has to move inside. Ramsey is too young to start.

Surely Wenger will go with Song and Diaby in the centre or possibly Denilson but he will most likely keep Nasri wide as he doesn't seem to put his foot in.

In other news Real Madrid want to sign Jermaine Pennant, that is a strange one but they do need wingers.

StormRuller

Nikki Benz: Simply the best #1!!
Well it's official. Cesc Fabregas out for 4 months. Probably the season in all likelyhood.

What the hell do the Gunners do now? There's nobody to get in the transfer market....could they pry Diego out of Werder Bremen?
they will miss Fabregas a lot... good news for AS Roma... but also Totti is out for 2 months... I don't know if he'll be back to play Arsenal in the UCL!!

I hope Diego doesn't join the Gunners... his heart is :yinyang: bianconeri... he'll sign with Juve!!

Surely Wenger will go with Song and Diaby in the centre or possibly Denilson but he will most likely keep Nasri wide as he doesn't seem to put his foot in.

In other news Real Madrid want to sign Jermaine Pennant, that is a strange one but they do need wingers.

Based on what I've seen...I think Nasri and Song could play next to each other in the inside. Cesc is the playmaker. Neither Nasri or Song can bring Cesc's offensive instincts but Nasri seems like the best playmaker left and Song has been pretty damn solid with the ball. He rarely turns the ball over. I don't see Denilson being able to move inside. He loses the ball too much. Frankly, Denilson should go to the bench and EBoue and Diaby could play wide MF...:dunno:

I think it's over for Arsenal. Too many injuries. Will root hard til the end, but I'm realistic. Finishing 4th in the Prem is probably the goal now....

StormRuller

There is not a certain amount of money mentioned but Fenerbahce pay whatever it takes. They are really ambitious for Tabata.
good news!!

Santos FC is trying to get "La Bestia" Veron from Estudiantes La Plata... it would be amazing to see him playing for Santos FC next season!!

om3ga

It's good to be the king...

With all the injuries...I don't think they can hold off Villa for the 4th spot.

I know this sounds stupid, but Villa are starting to look a good outside bet for the top spot...

But the Prem is looking tailor-made for Man U to become top dogs...again.

(sighs)

Villa don't have the depth to win the league. They have only used 14 different players to start a game in the league this season. If they get 2 or 3 more injuries they will be done for unless they buy at least 4 players during January without losing anyone.

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
I think with Laursen maybe missing tommorrow,they will struggle defensively as well.I think the Goons will get a result :)

StormRuller

Juventus update on transfers

Either in January or June, Juventus officials are interested in signing these players : Liverpool left-back Andrea Dossena, Arsenal central defender William Gallas, Udinese midfielders Gaetano D'Agostino and Gokhan Inler, Werder Bremen attacking midfielder Diego, AS Roma playmaker Alberto Aquilani and Valencia right winger Joaquin. The most realistic targets are Diego, D'Agostino and Aquilani.

In the meantime, rumours regarding probable departures from Juventus suggest that striker David Trezeguet could be sold in June (Real Madrid are interested) and midfielder Tiago could leave in January (maybe to Valencia or Atletico Madrid).

At least we should get Diego and Gallasnow!!

then we would play the UCL like this:
GK - Buffon
LB - Gallas
RB - Grygera
DF - Chiellini / Leggrotaglie
MF - Sissoko / Poulsen / Camoranesi (Nedved) / Diego
FW - Del Piero / Amauri

we'll become European champions!! :) :)

Diego and Gallas will be cup tied if signed in January as both have already represented other clubs in Champions League this season so next season is when they can be used in Europe.

I'm watching an FA Cup replay right now...Aston Villa vs Gill (something?) and I SWEAR it sounds like Jude Law is doing some analysis work! Could this be true? Strange....

StormRuller

Diego is very close to become a bianconeri... that's great!!

At the moment, the main targets for Juventus tranfer market are Fiorentina defender Manuel Da Costa and Werder Bremen attacking midfielder Diego. After that trainer Ranieri has agreed to sign the Brazilian player, Juventus are ready to offer 20 million euros to Werder; the German club requires at least 25 millions, but Juve could take advantage from the fact that they already have an agreement with the player's father and agent. The negotiation for Da Costa is already at a good point, though Fiorentina don't seem too enthusiast about Juventus'offer.

Although Diego is a vey good player, I can't see why Juventus would bring him in mid season. From what I have seen this season Juventus are most in need of a defender and a goalkeeper as Buffon is crocked and Manninger is a great keeper.

StormRuller

Juve is trying Da Costa for DF... I think we're good with Chiellini and Leggrotaglie.. we also have Mellberg!!

Buffon is the best GK of the world... no doubt about it... Manninger is doing a good job... I'm trying to look in the Internet for how long Buffon will be out but I can't find it!!

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
I'm watching an FA Cup replay right now...Aston Villa vs Gill (something?) and I SWEAR it sounds like Jude Law is doing some analysis work! Could this be true? Strange....

Gillingham 1-2 Aston Villa

I was watching it on ITV, but switched off (couldn't take the commentary)...

Status
Not open for further replies.