• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2009/2010 WORLD Football (EPL, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga, etc)

Well Goons, according to this link...Arshavin still has his eyes on Barca.. :mad:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=777861&sec=england&cc=5901

I think he pretty much tanked it against them.

Should we try to unload him to them? If they came with $20mil, I wonder if we should accept that? :dunno:

If Barca came with 20 million, Arsenal should jump on that, I don't like that at all. For an extra 10 we could probably get Aguero, who has much more potential. Or for the same price we could get Forlan, who actually has an established goal scoring record in a top league.

Btw I know we lost, but yall catch Pique's goal? That was great, and he's a centre-half.

Arsene Wenger announces...
Wenger won't recruit World Cup stars

Arsene Wenger has already indentified Arsenal's summer transfer targets and will not be tempted to buy any players who make an impact at the World Cup.

Wenger believes it is too "dangerous" to buy on the back of the 2010 finals in South Africa as prices will be "artificially" hiked by flash-in-the-pan performances from players who then fail to deliver on a regular basis.

The Arsenal manager, who will end the season without a trophy for the fifth year in a row, admits that "one or two" additions are needed at the Emirates and already has his eye on a number of players.

"With the season drawing to a close, people are inevitably looking to discuss our transfer targets," Wenger said. "I do have targets and have been talking to people, but I cannot mention any names of players at the moment.

"What I can say is that the World Cup will not affect our recruitment, unless there is an exception that nobody could foretell."

"In my view, it is dangerous to buy on the back of a World Cup - for one thing, the prices afterwards are always artificial, and for another you have to bear in mind that anyone can have three weeks of glory on a football field. To have ten years of success is quite different.

"All told, I believe that the earlier you settle your teams for the next season, the better it is and the less anxiety you have."

The Gunners have long been linked with a move for Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh, who will be available on a free transfer in the summer.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=778930&sec=transfers&cc=5901

Well, we ended up getting the star of Euro 2008--Arshavin, right? So, maybe this is just smoke and mirrors.

We need proven talent, not proven talent that will materialize in 10 years.....

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
It will be another penny pinching pre season for Wenger.With that new
stadium and no trophies in the cabinet,I guess they have to make money
somehow :)

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
It will be another penny pinching pre season for Wenger.With that new
stadium and no trophies in the cabinet,I guess they have to make money
somehow :)

Yes, Wenger needs to spend, but he has to spend wisely. I'm not sure I'd be celebrating Arsenal winning trophies, if that means seeing the club saddled with financial problems like Man United & Liverpool (or worse, end up like Portsmouth & Leeds, both paying a high price for pursuing their dreams)

LezFemmez

Banned
M e i s t e r ! ! !

:nanner:

:glugglug:

:thefinger

Wenger needs to spend $50mil this summer...he needs to get 3 top starters...

Time to sell off:
Rosicky
Almunia
Gallas
Silvestre
Eduardo
Denilson

Big Poppa Pump

- My Name Is My Name -

Time to sell off:
Rosicky
Almunia
Gallas
Silvestre
Eduardo
Denilson

I agree with you on all of those except for Rosicky, who is world class but perhaps a bit too injury prone.

Gallas has had his time. I would like to see Micah Richards come to Arsenal. Also, a good holding midfielder would make a huge difference. Sebastien Frey would be a great replacement for the clumsy Almunia and a good striker is needed. I like Hulk but Porto are asking silly money for him.

lechepicha

Prince of the Rotten Milk
Messi just score 2 goals to win 4-1 the game against Villarreal.

he got 29 goals already!

tomorrow Madrid will try to win as well... i hope they doesn't

go Messi!!!

om3ga

It's good to be the king...

Time to sell off:
Rosicky
Almunia
Gallas
Silvestre
Eduardo
Denilson

Yes, Wenger needs to spend - but as I stated not willy-nilly.
Also, will he get the money? This was published recently:

Wenger set for £60m spending spree

Yet last week, The Telegraph predicted that Wenger will be handed an extra £18 million this summer and in total £45 million may be available over the next two seasons,

I still think the Arsenal board should make it plain how much cash Arsene has to spend, so there can be no doubt about the clubs intentions...

To me 2009-2010 was Arsemal's best chance for the Prem trophy, and you can be sure that Man U, Chelski, Man City, Liverpool (and even the Spuds) will be active this summer.

I agree with you on all of those except for Rosicky, who is world class but perhaps a bit too injury prone.

Gallas has had his time. I would like to see Micah Richards come to Arsenal. Also, a good holding midfielder would make a huge difference. Sebastien Frey would be a great replacement for the clumsy Almunia and a good striker is needed. I like Hulk but Porto are asking silly money for him.

I think Rosicky and Nasri are basically the same player. Nasri scores more. I think Rosicky is slightly faster though, but he doesn't score much :(

Denilson could fetch us a lot of money. He's young and brazilian and...:dunno: I honestly have no clue what he does. He isn't great on the ball. He isn't a great tackler. Half the time his passes go to the opponent. He can finish but usually he's never in the play :rolleyes:

Some Goons on other forums think the time has come to sell off Walcott.:eek: I think we need to give him atleast 2 more years. :confused: Maybe more.

Our 2010-2011 midfield should look like this...

Arshavin -- Fabulous -- Song -- Nasri

with Diaby, Eboue and Walcott our subs.

I'd like to see our lineup be:

RvP --- New Striker (Chamakh?)

Clichy -- Vermaelan -- New Guy (6' tall atleast) ---Sagna

Big Poppa Pump

- My Name Is My Name -
I think Rosicky and Nasri are basically the same player. Nasri scores more. I think Rosicky is slightly faster though, but he doesn't score much :(

Denilson could fetch us a lot of money. He's young and brazilian and...:dunno: I honestly have no clue what he does. He isn't great on the ball. He isn't a great tackler. Half the time his passes go to the opponent. He can finish but usually he's never in the play :rolleyes:

Some Goons on other forums think the time has come to sell off Walcott.:eek: I think we need to give him atleast 2 more years. :confused: Maybe more.

Our 2010-2011 midfield should look like this...

with Diaby, Eboue and Walcott our subs.

I'd like to see our lineup be:

RvP --- New Striker (Chamakh?)

Clichy -- Vermaelan -- New Guy (6' tall atleast) ---Sagna

I like that. Who would you have as goalkeeper. Someone new or Almunia still?

I have 3 suggestions for 'New Guy' at centre half. Bruno Alves, Per Mertesacker, and Luisao. Probably outta their price range unless it is their only major signing save for Chamakh. Or if they sell Clichy to Barcelona :D .......Or how about Clichy to Barca for Abidal and 10 million? Abidal can play either leftback or alongside Vermaelen in the middle (which i believe is his better position). Vermaelen could also play left as well, as he did at Ajax a bit.

^
I don't like that move at all. Abidal has been replaced in the Barca lineup right? Clichy is too young and way too fast to sell. Is Abidal approaching 30? I could've sworn he was in the France 2002 WC starting 11...

If we sell of a Defender, let's sell off Sagna.

Big Poppa---I've seen enough of Almunia. It's time to send him away. We need a real #1. Wenger really likes Fabianski, fine, let's keep him as the understudy goalie, but we need a veteran #1 stud.

We could move Eboue back to Rightback, and maybe me a ~SHOCK OFFER~ for Clint Dempsey as a new Midfielder! :thumbsup: Dempsey has the skill to hang in our Midfield :thumbsup: He's also not afraid to score :o

^
I don't like that move at all. Abidal has been replaced in the Barca lineup right? Clichy is too young and way too fast to sell. Is Abidal approaching 30? I could've sworn he was in the France 2002 WC starting 11...

I wouldn't like it either if I were an Arsenal fan :p And actually Maxwell replaced him because he was injured, though I actually prefer Maxwell. In our system, the fullbacks are basically wingbacks, and this is not Abidal's strength, going up in support of the attack. Dani Alves on the right could be a world class right winger if that's where we played him. Abidal is a centreback who happens to be left footed and fast.

Btw y'all hear about Man City's £40 million bid for Angel di Maria. I mean he's real good, but that's ridiculous. Between those idiots and Real fucking Madrid, the market is gonna be so outta whack.

Big Poppa Pump

- My Name Is My Name -
^

If we sell of a Defender, let's sell off Sagna.

Big Poppa---I've seen enough of Almunia. It's time to send him away. We need a real #1. Wenger really likes Fabianski, fine, let's keep him as the understudy goalie, but we need a veteran #1 stud.

We could move Eboue back to Rightback, and maybe me a ~SHOCK OFFER~ for Clint Dempsey as a new Midfielder! :thumbsup: Dempsey has the skill to hang in our Midfield :thumbsup: He's also not afraid to score :o

My opinion of Dempsey has gone right down after he did a Cena style "you can't see me" celebration when he scored on saturday." :eek:

^
I know. If I scored I would've dropped a People's Elbow on the pitch

I think Nike has finally hitched their US Soccer marketing wagon around Dempsey. I'm seeing him all over the Nike US site (and no more Landycakes :wave2: FINALLY.....)