• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2013-14 Football ("Soccer") Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
Spurs do OK, and occasionally really well, against middle of the table or the bottom-dwellers. Look at what they did against the top five. They are dead-even on goals scored and goals against. No team worthy of CL or even Europa is this bad at scoring goals against top-flight teams.

Scoring is not inherently the problem itself. It's bottle/guts. It's letting the heads go down when the opposition score first and then losing the game, sometimes heavily, to nil. And getting a man wrongly sent off in three of the batterings (Liverpool at home, City at home, Chelsea away) has not helped the goal difference.

Man Utd done pretty well against Bayern, certainly better then I expected. Real Madrid vs Bayern is going to be good, there probably the best 2 teams left. Chelsea vs Athletico is going to be close, I think Chelsea's defence will have trouble keeping up with there fast, young attackers but it should be a good game.

I was actually very surprised Chelsea won, but I am the only one who thinks PSG where rubbish. I mean considering how much money they've spent they where awful, the offered nothing going forward apart from about 3 chances. Even in the first game when they scored 3 it was more because of Chelsea's wobbly defence then there attacking. For me they where awful in both games.

In the Premiership Spurs will be fine, they just need some leadership and some direction. I think this weekends match between Liverpool vs Man City will be the decider, Just my opinion.

Does anyone knows whats going on in Brazil these days ?? The Rumour is that some of the stadiums are not ready for the WC this year !! ??

Great resilience, as shown in the Southampton game (which I was privileged to attend) which was absent for much of the first half of the season. Shame it will all be for naught for Tim, I imagine him back at Carrow Road next season. Tragic that the defence had to fall apart AGAIN before the shackles came off and we started playing, but that's what happens when you have four centre backs and three of them are injured. Actually watching Chiriches today, I'm pretty sure he has been rushed back too soon too. Might be worth reverting to Sandro & Fryers at centre back rather than Daws, Kaboul, Vlad and SuperJan all be caught in this cycle of constant injuries.

On another note, Danny Rose is a terrible cheat and I wish we'd get rid of him. He was constantly diving today, including for the penalty, and it's a disgrace. Say what you like about Bale's theatrics previously, at least he always actually received a knock (well, apart from in the Villa game). Rose just hurls himself to ground and hopes for the best. Cunt.

feller469

Great resilience, as shown in the Southampton game (which I was privileged to attend) which was absent for much of the first half of the season. Shame it will all be for naught for Tim, I imagine him back at Carrow Road next season. Tragic that the defence had to fall apart AGAIN before the shackles came off and we started playing, but that's what happens when you have four centre backs and three of them are injured. Actually watching Chiriches today, I'm pretty sure he has been rushed back too soon too. Might be worth reverting to Sandro & Fryers at centre back rather than Daws, Kaboul, Vlad and SuperJan all be caught in this cycle of constant injuries.

On another note, Danny Rose is a terrible cheat and I wish we'd get rid of him. He was constantly diving today, including for the penalty, and it's a disgrace. Say what you like about Bale's theatrics previously, at least he always actually received a knock (well, apart from in the Villa game). Rose just hurls himself to ground and hopes for the best. Cunt.

It was 3 - nil when I posted. Proud they came back. If they tie with ManU, they will miss out on Europa on GD. Spurs need to win out. Can't risk missing out on that money.

Fuck the Europa League. It's a horrid, bloated competition where you have long flights to the former Yugoslav republic of Bulimia to play nobodies, and your squad gets stretched and tired. And once you get out of your group, the Champions League drop-outs fuck you over anyway. F that. A team without that shitty distraction does better. Spurs had no rubbish midweek distraction from a second-rate European competition in 2009-10 and were able to come 4th, qualify for the Champions League and attract a player the calibre of Rafa van der Vaart. Look at Liverpool! They had no Europe distracting them this season and with virtually the same squad as they ended last season with, are mounting a serious title campaign.

I'd rather come 7th (unless Arsenal win the cup and also finish 5th, in which case I want us to finish 8th) and avoid the hassle altogether, and every Man United fan I talk to feels the same. Going into the Europa League when you aim for the Champions League is like saying "Oh well, I didn't quite win the race to make love to the beautiful woman, so I'll stick my cock in this potted plant instead." Only problem is, while you're fucking the potted plant, it's holding you up once the new "lovely woman race" begins!

As for the Premier League title.... if Chelsea win all their games (one is against Liverpool) it's theirs. It would be typical Jose to pull it off. I have a weird feeling they will. And also I'm starting to think Real will do the treble.

The 'wrong one' has finally gone. Moyes was a nice enough bloke but the job was too big for him. I've heard the true United anti-christ Steve 'clipboard' Round has gone as well. That fucking idiot has a lot to answer for.

United onwards and upwards.

Players have let him down on and off the pitch. Some of the performances have done more damage for me than the results. Conceding late, scoring first and not winning, and the display at Everton was frankly impotent. The manner of that defeat was worse than the scoreline. Off the pitch, Smalling, Welbeck and Cleverley would have never behaved like that (on Deansgate) under Ferguson. Older players have been playing with the metaphorical fag in their mouths, younger players exposing their own ill discipline. Although listening to the comments Moyes made after every bad result, his biggest mistake was believing the board were going to show patience. Every game seemed to be "it's a work in progress" and if you keep thinking it's all about the future, you get caught napping and suddenly the tomorrow you were thinking about yesterday is TODAY, and the poor performances are still going on.

Ultimately it's daft that we'll never know what him and Woodward could have done in the transfer window, and thus what "David Moyes' United" could have looked like with a real influence on summer targets, but maybe there will be a good appointment forthcoming. "Restore United from the ashes" is a more tempting challenge than "Replace the irreplaceable" after all. Jurgen Klopp linked to the job (though he's distanced himself from it) and Van Gaal as well... hilariously Van Gaal has constantly been linked with the Spurs job, but he can do better than us. MOYES for Spurs, I am inclined to believe, although I think the best fit is someone like Laudrup for whom Spurs would actually represent the next step up. Sherwood back to Carrow Road. Maybe in collaboration with Paul Lambert.... tee hee.

As for United.... I'd see if Simeone fancies it, personally. Done a superb job transforming Atletico from the "Hearts of Spain" to legitmate contenders this year, might fancy a crack at managing one of the real giants of Europe. Unless Giggsy bags himself the job full time and becomes player-manager... the Peter Reid of this generation. That would be hilarious. He'd bring himself on to take the penalties.

Last edited:
Vidic saying he was off at the end of the season 6 months ago... and still retains the armband. None of this would have happened under Fergie. Klopp is mine and the majority of United fans choice, but he'll probably stay at Dortmand. Van Gaal is favourite but he's tied up with Holland until the middle of July not great for team building. Mourinho rumours have surfaced.....

To be honest I'm just happy the fuckwit Steve Round has gone. I pity any club that takes on that inept bloke.

rivasky

the special one
2-0 against Swindon! The magpies won't be relegated. Phew!

Notts County 4ever!

2-0 against Swindon! The magpies won't be relegated. Phew!

Valuable ex-Spur Troy Archibald-Henville sent off for Swindon too. Always pissed myself when I saw his name in the Spurs reserves on FM 2007, along with other nobodies like Dean Parrett and Andros Townsend.

feller469

^^ I'm guessing you are referring to the Bayern match. Got home at the half hoping for a good finish. It was over already.

I can't escape the feeling Real are finally going to get it right this year.

Well, the "Real treble" prediction has probably gone tits up, but this is looking good. Fancy Atletico to score at the Bridge tomorrow and a score draw would do it for them, all-Madrid final in Lisbon would be lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.