• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2013-14 Football ("Soccer") Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was more impressive when there was little money to spend. Stadium paid for now, questions should be asked if the team continues to stagnate with money actually being spent. Still, toying with a title challenge but having 4th confirmed two weeks before the end of the season at least represents an improvement with only confirming 4th on the final day of the season, so that's an improvement on the last two seasons, isn't it?

I'm sure there are a few fans that are upset with the way things turned out. What were your biggest disappointments ?

It's been a thoroughly delightful season. Witnessing Liverpool (specifically Gerrard) throw away title in the last 4 games of the season has been a joy to behold. I just need to have a word with Hodgson as to why he's picked Johnson, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling and Sturridge in the World Cup squad. We've lost any chance of winning it with those shambolic dippers in the squad.

What were your biggest disappointments ?

My club spending a nuclear fuck-ton on players the manager mostly didn't want, then sacking the manager after four months when he couldn't get the players to gel. Then promoting from within to try and salvage some respectability, then sacking the new manager for actually achieving the best win % for the club in the Premier League era and achieving a reasonable 6th place from morale being on the floor, with a squad he inherited and had little say in building, thus guaranteeing another season in transition. It never ends.

Biggest disappointment was spending 26M on Soldado and blatantly nobody at the club knowing how the team should play to suit him, resulting in the ball boys having more touches than Rob Sol.

I'll be disappointed if Athletico doesn't win the CL or La Liga.

Atletico winning La Liga is a brilliant story. What an amazing achievement for Diego Simeone. A real fairytale, and I'm glad Barcelona didn't spoil it right at the end. They deserve to not win the game by leaving Neymar on the bench instead of going for broke. I am disappointed my "potential Real treble" talk will not come true, because I love Real, but this is a great football story, and it's great for Spanish football for somebody to break the stranglehold that the "El Classico" rivals have had over the title for the last ten years.

Still want Real to win the Champions League though.

Atletico winning La Liga is a brilliant story. What an amazing achievement for Diego Simeone. A real fairytale, and I'm glad Barcelona didn't spoil it right at the end. They deserve to not win the game by leaving Neymar on the bench instead of going for broke. I am disappointed my "potential Real treble" talk will not come true, because I love Real, but this is a great football story, and it's great for Spanish football for somebody to break the stranglehold that the "El Classico" rivals have had over the title for the last ten years.

Still want Real to win the Champions League though.

I'll be rooting for Atletico mainly because I despise Real Madrid as they believe they have this god given right to think the European Cup/Champions League is theirs every year. That said, I wouldn't shed a tear if that greasy 'dago' Simeone lost, afterall he did get Becks sent off in the '98 World Cup.

England should celebrate if they make it to the quarters, those South Americans are going to be hard to beat out there

Fuck the Quarters, 2nd round would be nice. It's going to be tough watching the Italy match with friends and being expected to cheer for England, I like Pirlo more than anyone that will be on the pitch for us.

Fuck the Quarters, 2nd round would be nice. It's going to be tough watching the Italy match with friends and being expected to cheer for England, I like Pirlo more than anyone that will be on the pitch for us.

You'll probably do what I'll do. Get thoroughly wasted awaiting the 11pm kick off and promptly pass out 5 minutes before said kick off.

I'm abusing a family friends' retailers membership at the cash and carry to get industrial size portions of meats, sauces and marinades for my mates barbecue so the day will consist of over-eating, over-drinking and flirting outrageously with his mrs who I have known since secondary school, who plays up to it. So, sunburn, badly concealed erections, burned meat and endless pints of easily-quaffed fruit cider. Will switch to a large glass of vin rouge if Pirlo graces the occasion with a trademark free kick. I doubt I'll pass out, but I may chuck up in my mates pond and accidentally kill his koi. Once I get bored of his mrs' tits.

Nobody else has mentioned it, so..... HALA MADRID!!

A lot of the neutrals were talking about "if Atletico win it's a victory of football over money" but at the end of the day you like who you like, and I love Real. I've been fond of them for years and always wanted to see them sticking it to Barcelona, and as much as the story of Atletico has been a great one, it's kind of hard to like Simeone. I like Modric, I like Di Maria, I'm excited by the potential of Morata, Isco and Illarramendi, I wanted Cristiano to seal La Decima in Lisbon because his Real career has been incomplete without a Champions League winners medal, and most vitally as a Spurs man, I wanted to see Gaz win it.

It's really obvious to point out that Di Maria was man of the match, but he really did provide the spark into extra time when Ron and Bale weren't quite firing all cylinders, and as so often this season, Gareth was in the right place at the right time to grab the goal that crushed Atletico's resolve. He'll be pleased that though he missed chances that he should have taken, he still popped up when it really mattered, and I expect Ronaldo will be even more elated to have played poorly by his lofty standards but still been gift-wrapped a chance to get his goal, joining an elite group of players that have scored in two Champions League finals, which includes Raul, Samuel Eto'o... and his great mate Lionel Messi.

Of course, it's a second winners medal for Ron, but spare a thought for Xabi Alonso in the stands, even though he already had a medal and a goal in a final to his name from Liverpool in Istanbul. Looking very sexy he was too. It was a tough day for me, with first Niko Kranjcar in the QPR game and then Alonso testing my sexuality... but I coped.

10 up for Real, what a night. Hala Madrid.

Re: 2013-14 Football ("Soccer") Thread

The British pundits seem to be going for Argentina

- - - Updated - - -

The British pundits seem to be going for Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.