• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2013-14 Football ("Soccer") Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The barclays premier league

Definitely interesting this year, while I think the Bayern and the top 3 Spanish clubs have the edge, those top 3 British teams are on an evolution into a new style of football, give them a couple of years and they might be winning the Champions League again.

Re: The barclays premier league

Congrats to Celtic for winning the SPL. Just like last year. And to be fair, just like next year too.

Definitely interesting this year, while I think the Bayern and the top 3 Spanish clubs have the edge, those top 3 British teams are on an evolution into a new style of football, give them a couple of years and they might be winning the Champions League again.

If by top 3 you mean the top 3 in the Premier League right now (and if by British you mean English, don't get the Celtic fans excited) then I don't see it. Of said 3, City remain defensively naive against decent European opposition, and Liverpool would require a couple of seasons to re-acclimatize to that level of competition to stand any chance of making the later stages - which means they have to qualify for a couple of seasons in succession, and I don't see that happening when Suarez leaves for either of the big Spanish teams or someone that can pay him megabucks. Only Chelsea I feel are defensively stoic enough, but they lack a consistent goalscorer which you usually need to be a proper threat, someone who can dig you out of a hole.

I can't escape the feeling Real are finally going to get it right this year.

Oh please, Arjan Robben is one of dutch best players in years !!

A beautiful woman can still be a treacherous whore. Robben is a talented artist of player, doesn't mean he isn't a con artist too.

Robben would have been a Man Utd player many years ago until Chelski poached our CEO Peter Kenyon. Took SAF's wish list with him which had Essien & Robben on it at the time.

It would be interesting to see the Bayern V Liverpool

I don't rate Liverpool's defence. I think a world class attacking force would tear Skrtel and Agger to pieces. I also doubt you'd see some of the defensive naivety - letting Gerrard have so much time on the ball, not knowing how to stand up Sterling - from Bayern that some of Liverpool's domestic opponents have shown in the last few months. Would Liverpool score against Bayern? Probably. But Bayern would score more. Liverpool have peaked at the right time while Chelsea and Man City have faltered, but they still have the ability to turn in a poor performance. They were lucky not to lose to Villa not all that long ago and had a real hard time with Sunderland as recently as last week. The European Champions would brush them aside.

There is no one who can do the same than in 1999 in Camp Nou (apart Giggs ;) in United. Bayern'll destroy MU. Barca-Atletico? Draw, maybe a lot of goals. Simeone is rly fantastic coach and Barca may have more problem than with Real Madrid.

FC Bayern - Stern des Suedens! :)

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
Fellani is such a joke of a player. No idea why Man U signed him and why anyone thinks he belongs on a field with such world-class players.

feller469

Yeah, I don't want to hear about Robben when Rooney pulls an act like that. Can't wait to see what bullshit Rooney pulls to be a disappointment at the World Cup. Such a douche.

Bayern were way too conservative today, but credit to United for defending well and causing some problems. Still think Bayern will progress though

Bayern always seem to struggle against British teams, but they'll still go through. Now that Arsenal are out I want all the English teams out.

Chelsea should be on their way out too...Bayern, PSG and Real Madrid look like good bets to win the Champions League this season...

feller469

If you watch the video of Rooney's dive late versus Bayern, you see the whip effect he generated from his head to his toes was so enthusiastic one of his toes actually became dislocated. Dedicated man, that Rooney. He will miss the match this weekend and possibly miss the return @ Bayern.

I was convinced Atletico would be too much for Barcelona over two legs, although to be honest that was based on a predicted inability of their defence to cope with Diego Costa who ended up playing barely any part in the tie. PSG crumbling at Stamford Bridge was the shock for me, I didn't expect them to fail to score. Typical jammy Chelsea to go through on the shitty away goals rule. They'll probably win the fucking thing.

Just joking. Real's year.

I was convinced Atletico would be too much for Barcelona over two legs, although to be honest that was based on a predicted inability of their defence to cope with Diego Costa who ended up playing barely any part in the tie. PSG crumbling at Stamford Bridge was the shock for me, I didn't expect them to fail to score. Typical jammy Chelsea to go through on the shitty away goals rule. They'll probably win the fucking thing.

Just joking. Real's year.

my money is on Atletico. United to win the treble in 2016.

feller469

It's tough watching Real do well with two former Spurs while Spurs have trouble scoring in a women's prison with cartons of smokes under one arm and a fistful of pardons.

Status
Not open for further replies.