• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2008 - 2009 World Football Thread (EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juve is trying Da Costa for DF... I think we're good with Chiellini and Leggrotaglie.. we also have Mellberg!!

Buffon is the best GK of the world... no doubt about it... Manninger is doing a good job... I'm trying to look in the Internet for how long Buffon will be out but I can't find it!!

http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldFootballNews/idUKL518666420090105

According to this Buffon is back in training but with the amount of niggles and injuries he has had recently he won't be able to go on for a lot longer.

StormRuller

Nikki Benz: Simply the best #1!!
tks for the news jumbo!

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Scottish Premier League
Aberdeen 4-2 Celtic

Meanwhile, AC Milan have given Kaká permission to discuss the record £100 MILLION (111.073M Euros / $147.350M) transfer with Manchester City.
If the fee is correct, Kaka will be earning £500,000-a-week wages - that's 555,367 Euros or $736,750 a week!!

However according to one newspaper report, Kaká is supposedly deeply reluctant to join Man City – whatever the fee and salary package – unless there is a change of manager (oh dear, Sparky).

"I don't think he will leave"
David Beckham

Football has gone nuts with Man City's money.
Whilst it would be great to see Kaka on the telly on a weekly basis for the type of money City are willing to pay the could build a decent team to get them in Europe for next season before buying the superstars in the summer.

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
Football has gone nuts with Man City's money.
Whilst it would be great to see Kaka on the telly on a weekly basis for the type of money City are willing to pay the could build a decent team to get them in Europe for next season before buying the superstars in the summer.

I really hope the deal doesn't go through as it would be sad to see a player go to a team he didn't want to go to in the first place.

Let's hope Milan keep hold of him :)

Kaka came from a wealthy Brazilian family. I'm not sure money is the main motivator for him.

I think City are going to take Arshavin away from Arsenal, though. I hope Le Professeur has a backup signing in mind....

The Kaka deal is off, glad to see a player select a glory over money.
Wouldn't surprise me to see City pinch Arshavin from Arsenal.

Scolari has been sacked as Chelsea manager and replaced by Hiddink until th eend of the season.
According to reports Carlo Anncelotti will take over in the summer.

StormRuller

Chelsea will do bad the rest of this season... with Gus or Scolari... Juve will beat them!!

as for yesterday's friendly match... Brazil was much better than Italy in the first half... even though Italy should have been in the front with Grosso's goal that the linesman thought he was offside!!

Rossi and Luca Toni is much better in Italy's attack then Di Natale and Gilardino... Rossi is a great player and has a great future... we outplayed Brazil in the second half!!

If Italy had Chiellini (best DF in the world), Gattuso and Del Piero we could have won!!

in the Confederations Cup will be our revenge!!

nightwanker

Proud first owner of FreeOnes Playing Cards

StormRuller

4 years now (5 matches) that the U.S. don't lose to Mexico.. way to go!!
I don't like Mexico at all!!

StormRuller

what an amazing goal by Sissoko last night against Palermo.. still 9 points behind lucky Internazionale!!

Real Madrid outplayed Betis and Barcelona lost the derby... La Liga still open now!!

Tuesday and Wednesday lots of great games... these ones I won't miss:
Juventus vs Chelsea (go Juve)
Internazionale vs Manchester (go Manchester)
Arsenal vs Roma (go Roma)
Real Madrid vs Liverpool (go Real)

Barcelona are going to win La Liga they are just having a small blip. Although it is good to see they are beatable.
I hope I am wrong but I can see the Champions League games being poor with the teams just sitting back and being scared of losing rather than attempting to win.

om3ga

Liverpool have lost further ground on Premier League leaders Manchester United after they drew 1-1 with Manchester City at Anfield...

Might as well give the trophy to SAF...:(

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
I think the trouphy has Man Us name all over it and deservedly so too.
Liverpool have come closer this year but not close enough.I still think
they rely too much on Gerrard though :)

om3ga

I think the trouphy has Man Us name all over it and deservedly so too.
Liverpool have come closer this year but not close enough.I still think
they rely too much on Gerrard though :)

TBH, SAF must be thinking the 2008/9 season is a doddle:

Rafa rants, and Liverpool promptly buckles
Chelski's players revolts and topples Big Phil
Arsenal - in good need of an overhaul!!
Aston Villa & Everton? decent enough, but not in Man U's league

Yep, the fat lady clearing her throat at the Theatre of Dreams....

Status
Not open for further replies.