• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2010/2011 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't trust that blog as fact when the author put so much emphasis on the Eric Ramsey tapes and the FBI proved those tapes were fake.

How did Auburn pull in a top 5 class? Quite simply, Gus Malzahn! Offensive players want to go to a school with a high-octane offense, and Auburn's offensive coordinator has a proven track record at every school he's ever coached at.

As for the Cecil Newton's supposed windfall, if that is even true, it could be from his church, but I doubt that. It is possible that it may have come from Cam's brother, Cecil Jr., an offensive lineman for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

I would say it's an extreme stretch! I can't say with absolute certainty that Auburn didn't pay a player here or there, just as you can't say that about whatever team you pull for.

As for your sources, I have my own, one of them with an inside line to the athletic department and they don't seem worried at all. Although, I will add there hasn't been any talk about Bobby Lowder, so maybe the FBI does have something on him. If so, there's no word if it could be connected to Auburn. From the info I know of, the FBI seems to be focusing on Milton McGregor for possibly bribing politicians to repeal the gambling laws in Alabama, and the reason Auburn was brought up was because Milton donated 1 million to the university.

First, the cheated in class allegation was miconstrued. From the info I was given, he bought a couple of term papers, not cheated on a test. As for the theft charge :dunno: His explanation does seem plausible.

Well, we shall see... But doesn't it bother you than Cam lied about why he left UF, he lied about the laptop, his dad lied when asked if he solicited money from MSU, basically there's a pattern here, and it's not good.

My dad went to AU, and he stopped giving money to the university years ago because of the people running things down there... the same people are still there, still pulling the strings from behind the curtain... does anyone think anything has changed except that Bobby Lowder doesn't have Colonial Bank to give the players "loans" anymore? They just changed their distribution methods. :dunno:

well now it looks like Auburn convinced him to stay. I thought that would have been a weird move had he gone to Vandy. You'd think the Washington Post would be a little more reliable but then again, the coaching carousel this year has been one topsy turvy ride.
Auburn probably didn't even need to try and convince him. Assistant coaches have come into Vandy before as the head coach only to fall on their face. The admission and academic standards at Vandy are higher and playing in the most powerful conference in the country is a sure way to ruin a promising career. I'd heard that Malzahn turned down the Colorado job. Anyone turning down that job isn't foolish enough to say yes to Vandy. When Urban Meyer quit, I was concerned they'd go after Malzahn, but was surprised that he wasn't even on their short-list. I know at some point he'll leave, I just hope he doesn't end up at Arkansas or Georgia.

Well, we shall see... But doesn't it bother you than Cam lied about why he left UF, he lied about the laptop, his dad lied when asked if he solicited money from MSU, basically there's a pattern here, and it's not good.

My dad went to AU, and he stopped giving money to the university years ago because of the people running things down there... the same people are still there, still pulling the strings from behind the curtain... does anyone think anything has changed except that Bobby Lowder doesn't have Colonial Bank to give the players "loans" anymore? They just changed their distribution methods. :dunno:

No one likes to air their dirty laundry in public, so I can't say that I'm bothered.

As for Lowder, someone does need to put a leash on him. Thankfully, we got rid of Housel as AD after that stupid plane trip that Lowder instigated, so maybe Lowder is next.

Every school has their fair share of bad apples; fans, boosters, etc. and Lowder is just Auburn's most rotten. Alabama
had Mal Moore (as a coach). Under Bear Bryant, Mal Moore was a complete moron as an assistant coach. I firmly believe
Bryant would have won at least twice as many championships had he never hired Mal Moore, but I'll be the first to admit
as Alabama's AD, he's done a great job. Once upon a time, Auburn had the best stadium in Alabama, but Moore expanded
Bryant-Denny to where it surpassed Auburn's. And managing to get Saban after his fiascos with Mike Price, Shula and
trying to hire Rodriguez (I'm sure Michigan wishes Bama had tried harder) many Alabama fans were willing to forgive any
screwups Mal Moore had ever done.

I agree about The U. Goldie is an underwhelming choice. :facepalm:

The Big10/11/12 whatever the fuck they want to call themselves..and those division names...:surprise::1orglaugh:anonymous

Getting geeked for bowl games. Gotta admit there are some tasty matchups this time!

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Al Golden?
I have to say I'm underwhelmed.

Me too. The only thing I'll say is that Jimmy Johnson received much the same reaction initially. Not making a comparison per se but just sayin'....:dunno:

That aside, I didn't see this one on the horizon. I'm skeptical at this point.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
If I were Muschamp I'd go for Major Applewhite (Texas) and Trooper Taylor (Auburn) to be co-offensive coordinators as well as position coaches.

Then add Colonel Klink, Sgt. Slaughter and Captain American and you've got most of the ranks covered.

Me too. The only thing I'll say is that Jimmy Johnson received much the same reaction initially. Not making a comparison per se but just sayin'....:dunno:

That aside, I didn't see this one on the horizon. I'm skeptical at this point.

Golden isn't the 'sexy' choice but he's solid. Lemmings has a write up on his hire that is worth reading IMO.

He definitely turned Temple into something they haven't been in recent history.

We'll see what happens...I thought Trestman would have been the man for the job though....

Lust

Lost at Birth
Auburn probably didn't even need to try and convince him. Assistant coaches have come into Vandy before as the head coach only to fall on their face. The admission and academic standards at Vandy are higher and playing in the most powerful conference in the country is a sure way to ruin a promising career. I'd heard that Malzahn turned down the Colorado job. Anyone turning down that job isn't foolish enough to say yes to Vandy. When Urban Meyer quit, I was concerned they'd go after Malzahn, but was surprised that he wasn't even on their short-list. I know at some point he'll leave, I just hope he doesn't end up at Arkansas or Georgia.

I agree C, being OC at Auburn is definitely a better job than HC at Vandy. The salary increase is nice but hell, looks like Malzahn will be making a nice paycheck at Auburn. Pretty amazing that Vandy was offering that amount of money as that would be in the upper half of SEC HC salaries. I guess the Commodores found davy jones locker.

Speaking of head coaches, I'd like Bail's thoughts on the picture in this link, specifically the kid in the back with the red sweater vest. It's from the holiday cartoon The Year without a Santa Claus......who knew Jim Tressel was a child actor??? Can I get a "Go Bucks"? Wooot!

http://cfbexaminer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/IMAG0870.jpg

Pretty amazing that Vandy was offering that amount of money as that would be in the upper half of SEC HC salaries. I guess the Commodores found davy jones locker.

No, Vandy is just being funded by all that BCS bowl money that's been coming in the past several years from all the national championships the SEC has won. All that money gets split between all the SEC schools. Each year, they get a lot of money to play the part of the SEC's red-headed step-child. :D

Then add Colonel Klink, Sgt. Slaughter and Captain American and you've got most of the ranks covered.

Lol, nice one. I'da repped you, but sadly I cannot.

Golden isn't the 'sexy' choice but he's solid. Lemmings has a write up on his hire that is worth reading IMO.

He definitely turned Temple into something they haven't been in recent history.

We'll see what happens...I thought Trestman would have been the man for the job though....

Golden made a name for himself beating up crappy teams but couldn't beat the good teams (aside from UConn this year). The people down in Coral Gables aint gon give a shit if you beat Virginia, Boston College, and Duke every year if you continually lose to Virginia Tech and Florida State.

I agree C, being OC at Auburn is definitely a better job than HC at Vandy. The salary increase is nice but hell, looks like Malzahn will be making a nice paycheck at Auburn. Pretty amazing that Vandy was offering that amount of money as that would be in the upper half of SEC HC salaries. I guess the Commodores found davy jones locker.

Going to Vandy woulda made no sense. At least for Malzahn.

They need to adopt a unique style of play that'll give 'em a chance to steal some games. So they should go after Mike Leach or the Hawaiian guy at Navy. Their choice, pass-pass-pass or triple option. That's the only way they'd be competitive. Cuz let's be honest, teams like Texas Tech and Georgia Tech don't have as much talent as their in-state and conference rivals, so they have to do something unique to give them a chance. Plus having a unique style would attract recruits wanting to play these in a major conference.

Golden made a name for himself beating up crappy teams but couldn't beat the good teams (aside from UConn this year). The people down in Coral Gables aint gon give a shit if you beat Virginia, Boston College, and Duke every year if you continually lose to Virginia Tech and Florida State.

But the team he did it with previously couldn't beat ANYONE. Temple wasn't a world beater with Golden but they were much much better as a team after he got there.

He's recognized as a great recruiter and I'm sure there a more write ups on him out there than I can do justice to....

A close friend of mine is a Miami Trustee and I they are pretty satisfied with Golden based on his background and what he's done at Temple.

Going to Vandy woulda made no sense. At least for Malzahn.

I just read that Malzahn got a raise and contract extension from Auburn. Details were not released, but one source said his salary would be a little over twice what he was getting, $500,000 per year. Not bad for an assistant coach.

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
886248.jpg

"Leaders" and "Legends"?
:2offtopic:lame:

Incredibly lame!

well lets get caught up here...we have found out who the best football player in ncaa is..(from alabama again) cough.....auburn has done what it had to do as far as i see...(they were what we thought they were)..as a die hard alabama fan i see a NC for auburn..oregon has a good fast offense..but thats not going to stop cam...i think auburns offense and oregons defense will be no contest..as far as tcu goes...if they handle whats on the table it will shock me...even tho i had much rather see tcu and arkansas..i still think wisc should get it done..arkansas has hands full as well....anyone got any picks coming to the nfl this year?? i picked arenas and mccluster last year they have made a difference at KC ..this year i like ryan mallet and austin pettis...cam is a great qb..but as a qb in the nfl if you use your legs to take up the slack..chanchs are sooner or later...you run out of luck

well lets get caught up here...we have found out who the best football player in ncaa is..(from alabama again) cough....

If you're talking about Cam Newton...he's 'from' Georgia. Mark Ingram Jr. wasn't even 'from' Alabama.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.