• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2010/2011 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not rehash last year's tainted MNC game. Bama probably would've lost if McCoy wasn't knocked out early. They have a tainted NC, in my opinion.

The pattern of success for Oregon is this: Oregon destroyed Okie State in 2009 in the Holiday Bowl. Oregon lost in the Rose in 2010 to the Buckeyes. Now it's an odd year bowl game and that means another Oregon beatdown win. :yesyes:

Let's not rehash last year's tainted MNC game. Bama probably would've lost if McCoy wasn't knocked out early. They have a tainted NC, in my opinion.

The pattern of success for Oregon is this: Oregon destroyed Okie State in 2009 in the Holiday Bowl. Oregon lost in the Rose in 2010 to the Buckeyes. Now it's an odd year bowl game and that means another Oregon beatdown win. :yesyes:

There's no argument against that kind of logic.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Skyraider22

The One and Only Big Daddy
^Well TR I can't agree more if Oregon runs that no huddle like I think they can and keeps Cam Newton off the field that defense will be needing some air truth be told Oregon only needs one or two stops and the game is over.then again if they let Auburn hang around that will spell big time trouble.

^Well TR I can't agree more if Oregon runs that no huddle like I think they can and keeps Cam Newton off the field that defense will be needing some air truth be told Oregon only needs one or two stops and the game is over.then again if they let Auburn hang around that will spell big time trouble.

Food for thought. While it's only happened in one game this season...Oregon was consistently stopped by Cal.

Also, Auburn has a full season of game film to study on Oregon.

Skyraider22

The One and Only Big Daddy
Food for thought. While it's only happened in one game this season...Oregon was consistently stopped by Cal.

Also, Auburn has a full season of game film to study on Oregon.

You have a good point Hot Mega but late in the season so did other PAC-10 schools such as Cal.And all year Oregon really never did anything different they just seemed to be in better shape than most teams.Then again that was the best team in the PAC-10 as well:dunno:

You have a good point Hot Mega but late in the season so did other PAC-10 schools such as Cal.And all year Oregon really never did anything different they just seemed to be in better shape than most teams.Then again that was the best team in the PAC-10 as well:dunno:

I think that's why Cal was able to compete with Oregon the way they did...but in the end...if it's just a personnel mismatch...it's not really going to matter how much film you have.

Auburn should be the best team Oregon has faced this season..or at minimum 1 of 2 so we'll see if they have the coaching to scout the weaknesses in UO's offensive attack and the talent to take advantage of them.

:QUOTE=titsrock;5197550]Let's not rehash last year's tainted MNC game. Bama probably would've lost if McCoy wasn't knocked out early. They have a tainted NC, in my opinion.

The pattern of success for Oregon is this: Oregon destroyed Okie State in 2009 in the Holiday Bowl. Oregon lost in the Rose in 2010 to the Buckeyes. Now it's an odd year bowl game and that means another Oregon beatdown win. :yesyes:[/QUOTE]

ahh..last time i seen colt in that game he was on his bacK..hard to throw a football on your back..besides..no one man team could have beat bama last year...toooo much talent on that team:wave:

That aspect of Oregon's gameplan only comes into play if their opponent can't possess the ball.

It becomes completely irrelevant if Auburn forces punts.

Lol. Auburn forcing Oregon to punt.

Both have great offenses. The difference?? Defense.

Oregon has the 14th best scoring defense in the nation. Despite the fact that they are on the field a long time and face more possessions cuz of the nature of their offense, not to mention they are in a heavily offensive minded league in the Pac-10. Auburn has the 54th best scoring defense. And Darron Thomas' passing numbers are actually comparable to Cam Newton's. That Auburn pass defense is atrocioius. 105th in the country.

Lol. Auburn forcing Oregon to punt.

Both have great offenses. The difference?? Defense.

Oregon has the 14th best scoring defense in the nation. Despite the fact that they are on the field a long time and face more possessions cuz of the nature of their offense, not to mention they are in a heavily offensive minded league in the Pac-10. Auburn has the 54th best scoring defense. And Darron Thomas' passing numbers are actually comparable to Cam Newton's. That Auburn pass defense is atrocioius. 105th in the country.

Hard to really appraise what those particular stats actually reflect if they're relevant at all.

Consider these factors; Auburn has played 5 teams in the BCS final 25 6 times (So. Car twice). Oregon has played just 1.

Also, Auburn is ranked 54th...but what does that actually mean? In the extreme it could just mean 53 other teams played schedules with more bad offensive teams on them than did Auburn.:dunno:

You say the Pac 10 is score happy, yet Stanford shutout 3 conference opponents and was on their way to shutting out a 4th but their 3rd stringers conceded 2 4th qtr. TDs.:o

Auburn seemingly couldn't stop Alabama's offense in the first half but held them to 1 FG in the second half.

Just pointing out why the practice of just looking at raw stats like those without having a good grasp on other relevant considerations can be misleading.

Hard to really appraise what those particular stats actually reflect if they're relevant at all.

Consider these factors; Auburn has played 5 teams in the BCS final 25 6 times (So. Car twice). Oregon has played just 1.

Also, Auburn is ranked 54th...but what does that actually mean? In the extreme it could just mean 53 other teams played schedules with more bad offensive teams on them than did Auburn.:dunno:

You say the Pac 10 is score happy, yet Stanford shutout 3 conference opponents and was on their way to shutting out a 4th but their 3rd stringers conceded 2 4th qtr. TDs.:o

Auburn seemingly couldn't stop Alabama's offense in the first half but held them to 1 FG in the second half.

Just pointing out why the practice of just looking at raw stats like those without having a good grasp on other relevant considerations can be misleading.

So true... If Chizik and Ted Roof can get the defense playing like they did in the second half at Alabama, it won't be the score-fest that most are predicting. Plus, Nick Fairly can turn some awesome plays on defense.

:QUOTE=titsrock;5197550]
ahh..last time i seen colt in that game he was on his bacK..hard to throw a football on your back..besides..no one man team could have beat bama last year...toooo much talent on that team:wave:

Gee, a starting QB wouldn't have any impact on the game? Not just a starting QB but isn't Colt McCoy the most winningest QB according to win percentage? :facepalm: It would've been fun to see the Bama backup QB in that game, fumbling snaps, throwing passes in the dirt, etc. :facepalm:

I really have no qualms about Oregon beating Auburn. Everything that I look at points toward a Ducks win.

It would've been fun to see the Bama backup QB in that game, fumbling snaps, throwing passes in the dirt, etc.
You wouldn't have wanted to see him in the game. Last year, and this year, the best QB on the Alabama team, was the one sitting on the bench.
I really have no qualms about Oregon beating Auburn. Everything that I look at points toward a Ducks win.
Look again.
^
Terrible story. Very sad. I hope the family continues their fight.
As do I. Even if she over-reacted (which I don't believe), the way Notre Dame sand-bagged the investigation is criminal, and the way they treated that family is absolutely sinful. I hope they sue that school into bankruptcy!

Status
Not open for further replies.