• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2008 - 2009 World Football Thread (EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walcott hasn't been great as a starter in the games I have seen for Arsenal. Persie would be a loss if he was ever fit.

Rosicky and Eduardo won't produce there best stuff until next season once they are fully fit.

I think Arsenal need 1 wide player and a Central Midfielder.

What a ridiculous score! :D Brazil - Portugal : 6 - 2 !

Ladies & Gentlemen, i can say that the party guys returned to the town! Brazil will rush any team in WC 2010! They got refreshed and upgraded!

Stormruller, 6th star over the Brazil logo is about to come. ;)

StormRuller

Nikki Benz: Simply the best #1!!
What a ridiculous score! :D Brazil - Portugal : 6 - 2 !

Ladies & Gentlemen, i can say that the party guys returned to the town! Brazil will rush any team in WC 2010! They got refreshed and upgraded!

Stormruller, 6th star over the Brazil logo is about to come. ;)
I hope 6th star won't come to Brazil.. I don't like the national team!!

next match... Italy vs Brazil!!

GO AZZURRA!!

lol I'm amazed. :D

Azzurra show signals of a very brillant return after Euro 2008 disaster. I really hope we have a 1982 type of Azzurra that were really really great. I don't like their style but i can't watch a Eurocup or WC without them.

The biggest question mark is now English National Team. We didn't see them in Euro 2008. Their coach has replaced, their style has changed, some new players have came. England in WC 2006 was also disappointing. England in WC 2010 will be fine, i hope.

I expect rising performance from Brazil, Argentina, Italy, England, Germany and Turkey.

Does anyone know what happened at the end of the Mexico/Honduras? Was there a massive brawl? Carlos Vela and another Mexican player got red-carded..2 Honduran players got yellow-carded all around the 90th minute. Can't find a decent writeup.

Well the shit has hit the fan in Arsenalland. Gallas has been stripped of the C and it's either going to Gael Clichy or Manuel Almunia. Of the 2--I'd go with Almunia because I think Gallas will be bitter if it goes to Clichy or Toure (who it should really go to).

Gallas basically blamed the season's misfortunes on a single player---probably Robin van Persie...maybe Eboue. But I think it's RvP. I haven't gone to the London papers who will undoubtedly "winkle it out" and "confirm" the identity of this alleged Arsenal cancer. In any case, this weekend's mega match against City just took on a much more interesting color...

I think Gallas just cemented his transfer request out of Arsenal. He is a talented defender and a valuable teammate BUT someone who is not a leader. Some are leaders, some are followers. There's nothing wrong with that. But I don't think Gallas has handled this situation well at all. I guess he wrote a memoir and trashed a bunch of Les Bleus for their recent Euro meltdown.

Gallas threatened to score an own goal when he was with Chelsea and that admission pretty much punched his ticket out of Chelsea and made the swap with Ashley Cole happen quickly. Gallas is tempermental and probably should be sent to a French club or an Italian club in January. Even if Arsenal don't get a fair market value for him...send him away. He needs a fresh start someplace else.

I somewhat blame this mess on Cesc Fabregas. Cesc should be the longterm Arsenal Captain and he seems to be just "playing ball." Does he really want to head back to Barca next year? Did the Spanish win in Euro make him homesick?

My favorite Arsenal player is Gael Clichy. He's the best defender in the world, imo, and seems to be the only player in an Arsenal shirt who will give a damn about anything. He never stops playing. It's a pleasure to watch him. He's rightfully trying more to score goals this season and if he puts a few big ones in, maybe he can be a Captain someday. But I don't see him as Captain material even though I have tremendous respect for his talents. He can shut anybody down defensively, can run like the wind, and is trying to make midfielder type dribbling moves now too, to go along with his crosses, which are getting better.

Almunia is just a safe, temporary Captain, imo. He doesn't deserve to be the longterm Captain of the team.

When the Gallas deal happened I felt Arsenal had got a much better deal thane Chelsea but it is beginning to look like it was a mistake. Gallas is a very good defenser but he is to tempramental and doesn't think about his actions before he acts.

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
When the Gallas deal happened I felt Arsenal had got a much better deal thane Chelsea but it is beginning to look like it was a mistake. Gallas is a very good defenser but he is to tempramental and doesn't think about his actions before he acts.

True.Apparently he and Nasri had a bust up during the Villa game.I think Wenger will need to splash out and buy a decent defence :)

True.Apparently he and Nasri had a bust up during the Villa game.I think Wenger will need to splash out and buy a decent defence :)
I read that Gallas said it was someone 6 years younger than him. That would make the person 25. Nasri is only 21 right?

I agree. I thought Cole was overrated and Gallas was better. Cole hasn't done much for Chelski but Gallas has deteriorated every season for the Gunners.

Gallas needs to go and it would be best if Wenger found someone new. Maybe Wenger could call Blackburn and swap Gallas for Samba?

StormRuller

lol I'm amazed. :D

Azzurra show signals of a very brillant return after Euro 2008 disaster. I really hope we have a 1982 type of Azzurra that were really really great. I don't like their style but i can't watch a Eurocup or WC without them.

The biggest question mark is now English National Team. We didn't see them in Euro 2008. Their coach has replaced, their style has changed, some new players have came. England in WC 2006 was also disappointing. England in WC 2010 will be fine, i hope.

I expect rising performance from Brazil, Argentina, Italy, England, Germany and Turkey.
Azzurra didn't do good in Euro 2008... even though they only lost to Spain in penalty shoot-out... but I think now they're playing better... Lippi is so much better than Donadoni!

next year there will be 2 matches Brazil vs Italy... maybe we have 3 if they play in the Semi-Finals or Final of the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup... can't wait to see these 2 matches!

tomorrow Conmebol will announce if they are really going to suspend the teams from Peru from the next Copa Libertadores... and if that happens the 3 teams that will get their spot is Boca Juniors, Penarol and Independiente but as Boca and Penarol are already qualified to the Cup as best placed in their local competitions... maybe Conmebol will announce Santos :nanner::nanner: and the Copa Sudamerica champions (Internacional or Estudiantes)!!

it is tomorrow.... can't wait to see what they will announce.....

Things just getting worse at Arsenal as they get beat 3-0 against Man City and it could have been more. Need to sort out problems fast.

For Arsenal, the season comes down to: Champion's League, FA Cup, Carling Cup.
Maybe we need to start playing the Senior Squad for the Carling Cup and the Juniors for the Premiership????? Geez, that feels like running up the white flag of surrender (or tottenham) on the season....

no... i guess real madrid will win this year. even though it's not there best year but in the end they will have the power and luck to win CL
second choice would be inter mailand... will be exciting

no... i guess real madrid will win this year. even though it's not there best year but in the end they will have the power and luck to win CL

There certainly good enough, i think they will.

StormRuller

how will we see Real Madrid win this year if they didn't win the UCL this season!!

Clubs in the FIFA Club World Cup to be started in Dec. 11th:
UCL Champions: Manchester United
Libertadores Champions: LDU Quito
Concacaf Champions: Pachuca
AFC Champions: Gamba Osaka
Host: Adelaide United (should be a Japanese team but as Gamba Osaka won the AFC the runner-up qualifies)
CAF Champions: Ah-Ahly
OFC Champions: Waitakere United

I think Manchester will win easily as the two best players from LDU Quito (Guerrón and Vera) left the team after they become the champions of Libertadores Cup!!

how will we see Real Madrid win this year if they didn't win the UCL this season!!

Clubs in the FIFA Club World Cup to be started in Dec. 11th:
UCL Champions: Manchester United
Libertadores Champions: LDU Quito
Concacaf Champions: Pachuca
AFC Champions: Gamba Osaka
Host: Adelaide United (should be a Japanese team but as Gamba Osaka won the AFC the runner-up qualifies)
CAF Champions: Ah-Ahly
OFC Champions: Waitakere United

I think Manchester will win easily as the two best players from LDU Quito (Guerrón and Vera) left the team after they become the champions of Liberators Cup!!

I think it's sad that Quito lost such important footballers. That's why the Club World Cup should be played earlier in the year. I would synchronize all the world's champions' leagues to end at the same time, then have the CWC immediately afterward.

So now there should be no excuse for Europe to not win it all. If they don't, it will be a disgrace.

StormRuller

since FIFA started to put teams from AFC, OFC, CAF and CONCACAF in the tournament... they never reached the final... only UEFA x CONMEBOL in the grand final... I think this year we'll have a final of Manchester x Pachuca

since FIFA started to put teams from AFC, OFC, CAF and CONCACAF in the tournament... they never reached the final... only UEFA x CONMEBOL in the grand final... I think this year we'll have a final of Manchester x Pachuca

It's too bad Quito will probably lose right away. I'll be very happy for Pachuca if they make it to the final. They've won 2 straight CONCACAF Cups, that is an amazing feat if you think about it. If Pachuca does the unthinkable and WINS IT ALL... I hope Mexico parties like never before.

Status
Not open for further replies.