• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2008 - 2009 World Football Thread (EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
They punt Ramos, Poyet and Commioli, and it does the trick as Spurs finally win a game as they beat Bolton 2-0.

Still think they will struggle until they bring in a few more scrapping players in January.

Who will replace Harry at Pompey?

Curbishley and Allardyce have been mentioned.But they want the "right man" however that is :dunno:

Here are my whishes in football from genie in bottle :):
I want Fenerbahce fire Aragones and get Zico & Aurelio back.
I want Real Madrid have more fair play spirit.

1. I want too and i'm Spanish,but i can't stand that Fenerbahce doesn't go well

2. That's almost impossible,Real almost always plays so,and sometimes unbelievably (excuses me if this adverb doesn't exist),they win leagues.

Well fellow Gooners...is it safe to say that we are a Cup team this season and basically are only playing for CHampion's League glory?

Tonight was wrong on so many levels....:(

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
Well fellow Gooners...is it safe to say that we are a Cup team this season and basically are only playing for CHampion's League glory?

It was a great game for the neutral,but the goons totally threw that one away.I would agree that the best thing they can win is the Champions League but personally I think they'll do well if they win a domestic cup.

Spanish Cup.1st Round.Home match.

1-4 PORTUGALETE - VALENCIA
1-0 PONFERRADINA - SEVILLA
0-1 ORIHUELA - ATLÉTICO
5-0 POLI EJIDO - VILLARREAL
1-5 HÉRCULES - VALLADOLID
1-2 RAYO - ALMERÍA
2-2 CELTA - ESPANYOL
0-2 CASTELLÓN - BETIS
2-1 MURCIA - RACING
0-2 ELCHE - DEPORTIVO
0-1 NUMANCIA - SPORTING
1-1 MÁLAGA - MALLORCA
2-0 ATHLETIC - RECREATIVO
0-0 GETAFE - OSASUNA
0-1 BENIDORM - BARCELONA

Tonight

Real Unión de Irún-Real Madrid

BTW,ridiculous game of Villarreal,absolutely dominated by a 2ªB (Third division) Team :1orglaugh

Spanish Cup.1st Round.Home match.

1-4 PORTUGALETE - VALENCIA
1-0 PONFERRADINA - SEVILLA
0-1 ORIHUELA - ATLÉTICO
5-0 POLI EJIDO - VILLARREAL
1-5 HÉRCULES - VALLADOLID
1-2 RAYO - ALMERÍA
2-2 CELTA - ESPANYOL
0-2 CASTELLÓN - BETIS
2-1 MURCIA - RACING
0-2 ELCHE - DEPORTIVO
0-1 NUMANCIA - SPORTING
1-1 MÁLAGA - MALLORCA
2-0 ATHLETIC - RECREATIVO
0-0 GETAFE - OSASUNA
0-1 BENIDORM - BARCELONA

Tonight

Real Unión de Irún-Real Madrid

BTW,ridiculous game of Villarreal,absolutely dominated by a 2ªB (Third division) Team :1orglaugh

Were these games 1 offs or are they played over 2 legs?

om3ga

It's good to be the king...

I'm still f*cking p*ssed off by that result..WTF were they THINKING??? Now the Spuds are going to release a VIDEO of that match!!!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

:mad:

So do the big clubs in Spain take this seriously or is it just a joke cup as looking at the results it looks as though the big teams are having poorer results than expected.

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
I suppose it's the Spanish equivalent of the FA Cup,but as there are bigger
prizes to win maybe they do treat it the same like you say :)

All I can say is thank god Fox Soccer Channel didn't show today's abomination and thank god I didn't bother trying to see this one online. The panic button must be pressed now by Le Professor. Something is not fucking working. Losing to another relegation side? Are you out of your mind gunners? Where is the BACKBONE of this team? Do these guys give a fuck about playing? I believe Arsenal have forgotten how to win. Even talented teams need a leadership heirarchy. Where is it on the field? For Arsenal not to come out and put the fucking boots all over Stoke means this team is a collection of talented but fragile egos.

Lastly. Let' never wear those ugly bananabarf away uniforms ever again.

om3ga

All I can say is thank god Fox Soccer Channel didn't show today's abomination and thank god I didn't bother trying to see this one online. The panic button must be pressed now by Le Professor. Something is not fucking working. Losing to another relegation side? Are you out of your mind gunners? Where is the BACKBONE of this team? Do these guys give a fuck about playing? I believe Arsenal have forgotten how to win. Even talented teams need a leadership heirarchy. Where is it on the field? For Arsenal not to come out and put the fucking boots all over Stoke means this team is a collection of talented but fragile egos.

Lastly. Let' never wear those ugly bananabarf away uniforms ever again.

I'm starting to wonder....has Wenger lost the dressing room?
Are we looking at the end of Le Professeur?

I'm starting to wonder....has Wenger lost the dressing room?
Are we looking at the end of Le Professeur?

I think November will decide if we're in the race. We have tough games and must win them all. December looks like a much easier month, but if we don't win in November..it won't matter.

I think Le Professor made a mistake in giving Gallas the C. Maybe Cesc wanted the C and is somewhat holding a grudge about not getting it.

Is RVP a necessary component to the team anymore?

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
I don't think the goons have a chance this season.Cos if they're going to
have a say this season Wenger will need to spend big in getting a leader
for their team.Liverpool have Gerrard,Chelsea have Terry/Lampard and Man
U have Ferdinand.

As for Arsenal who is their leader :dunno:

om3ga

I don't think the goons have a chance this season.Cos if they're going to
have a say this season Wenger will need to spend big in getting a leader
for their team.Liverpool have Gerrard,Chelsea have Terry/Lampard and Man
U have Ferdinand.

As for Arsenal who is their leader :dunno:

I get the impression Arsene wants to prove the world wrong again - remember when everone was asking "Thierry who?"

Arsenal have no plan B. When the tippy tappy fancy football doesn't work, they run out of ideas. In order to win the league they need to accept that a long ball can be useful every now and again.

So do the big clubs in Spain take this seriously or is it just a joke cup as looking at the results it looks as though the big teams are having poorer results than expected.

I suppose it's the Spanish equivalent of the FA Cup,but as there are bigger
prizes to win maybe they do treat it the same like you say :)

I'm agree with you,I think that big clubs in Spain thinks that Spanish Cup is a Joke Cup until the half-finals,for they when they reach the half-finals that's a very glamourous tournament.

Arsenal have no plan B. When the tippy tappy fancy football doesn't work, they run out of ideas. In order to win the league they need to accept that a long ball can be useful every now and again.

They play plenty of long balls to Adebayor. It's only this season he either runs offsides to receive the long ball or the ball bounces off his leg and out of bounds or wherever.

Style is not the problem. Leadership is the problem. There isn't a single Arsenal player that intimidates anyone. William Gallas is a very talented player but he's a wackjob. Cesc is brilliant, but he doesn't intimidate anyone.

The closest I've seen to an intimidator, to be honest, is Niklas Bendtner. Flamini didn't mind getting in someone's face. I like Alex Song but he's not an intimidator.

Gael Clichy has tried to play that role but he's not right for that either. Again, he's too talented and critical to get in the other team's face.

Status
Not open for further replies.