• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Official 2008/2009 NCAA Basketball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Big 10 season starts for OSU this afternoon against Iowa. Injury and transfer have thinned the Bucks line up. Can they rebound quickly from the @#$% whoppin they took from Huggins and the Mountaineers................we shall see.

Matta needs to toughen those guys up--especially without Lighty. There is talent there but it lacks intensity.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Spartans Defeat Buckeyes 67-58 --It wasn't pretty, but MSU did the deed when it counted, topped by the perimeter shooting of Kalin Lucas. Forward Raymar Morgan added 13 along with 10 rebounds as the Spartans survived a skillful and determined Ohio State team. Coach Izzo said the game was a good rallying cry, preparing the team for the upcoming game against Kansas.
In other games, the Razorbacks upset the Texas Longhorns 67-61 led by the shooting of junior forward Michael Washington. While the Penn State Nittany Lion upset Purdue 67-64 with Talor Battle scoring 21.

I watched my Trojans blow a 15 pt lead to the Oregon St Beavs recently. Normally I would be bent over this but since the Beav coach is the First Lady's brother, I felt kinda good after the loss....

Are Cal and Stanford really as good as their records indicate? Is Stanford legit with a new coach and with no Lopez twin towers?

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
I watched my Trojans blow a 15 pt lead to the Oregon St Beavs recently. Normally I would be bent over this but since the Beav coach is the First Lady's brother, I felt kinda good after the loss....

Are Cal and Stanford really as good as their records indicate? Is Stanford legit with a new coach and with no Lopez twin towers?

Who knows? Cal has only played one ranked team--AZState--and a pretty weak OOCS. They did beat a pretty good UNLV team and a good Missouri team. Basketball is an odd sport. Very hard to call. Hell...Harvard just beat the snot out of #17 BC! Ironically, Stanford's only loss is to the same AZState team that Cal beat. The Cardinal have a pretty experienced back court with Fields and Goods and a pretty good PF in Lawrence Hill. But Stanford always disappoints me in the tournament.

Skyraider22

The One and Only Big Daddy
Duke took care of Davidson last night and Just like Boston College to beat UNC and lose to an Ivy League school what the hell stop making the Acc look bad go back to the Big East:thumbsup:

Hey titsrock just like Clemson only time will tell I think they will.Unlike Clemson they will win there first 20 and then lose their next 10 as always:rolleyes:
My SC Trojans seem decent on paper but can't ever win "the big game" when it matters. Clemson v UNC is always a great game (usually a Clemson heartbreaker loss though :o:()

Who knows? Cal has only played one ranked team--AZState--and a pretty weak OOCS. They did beat a pretty good UNLV team and a good Missouri team. Basketball is an odd sport. Very hard to call. Hell...Harvard just beat the snot out of #17 BC! Ironically, Stanford's only loss is to the same AZState team that Cal beat. The Cardinal have a pretty experienced back court with Fields and Goods and a pretty good PF in Lawrence Hill. But Stanford always disappoints me in the tournament.

I will be going to Maildude for my Pac10 hoops analysis....

Clemson has a tough game before UNC, Wake Forest comes to town next week. Then it's off to Chapel Hill. Hopefully this'll be the year they finally get the monkey off their backs and break the drought. GO TIGERS!!!

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
I will be going to Maildude for my Pac10 hoops analysis....

You wouldn't if you'd seen my last few tournament brackets.:D
--I'm thrilled for Brad Stevens. His Bulldogs cracked the Top 25. Deservedly. They start FOUR underclassmen regularly. Think what they could be like in two years. BTW...they hacked Wright State 64-48.
--And just like that the Huskies squeak past Stanford 84-83. Brockman was an animal, 18 boards and the winning tip-in...from his own rebound.
--Cal beats WSU 57-50 in a yawner. The PAC10 might end up tight unless UCLA and Howland really crank it up. A lot of that depends on Shipp.
--The Thank God Prayer: There's no BCS in basketball. hallelujia!

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Duke took care of Davidson last night and Just like Boston College to beat UNC and lose to an Ivy League school what the hell stop making the Acc look bad go back to the Big East:thumbsup:

BC is a giant killer in basketball just like in football. Just the same they're inconsistent. Still, I wouldn't have wanted to be in Roy Williams' Locker Room Doghouse after that game...only 17 points off the bench...They shut down Ginyard, who is probably not anywhere near 100% yet.

Skyraider22

The One and Only Big Daddy
BC is a giant killer in basketball just like in football. Just the same they're inconsistent. Still, I wouldn't have wanted to be in Roy Williams' Locker Room Doghouse after that game...only 17 points off the bench...They shut down Ginyard, who is probably not anywhere near 100% yet.

You are not kidding on that my friend afterward UNC beat someone by 38 points

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Izzo had better get these guys into some kind of intensity brain mode. The Spartan team looked like they could give a shit yesterday. Lucas was the only one who showed a spark with his 22 but at the end the team coasted. Kansas has 10 underclassmen on its roster. That's a big reason why we won. Morgan and Walton had better step up. We started out slow again. That's what killed us against NC. We play against PSU next and they're no slouch. Battle scores close to 20 a game and Cornley is having a good year. We need to take advantage of their weak perimeter shooting and average mid-range play. They have depth in the back court.
Miami beat the up and down Eagles. Villanova and Marquette are impressing me. The Wildcats lost a close one to Louisville but they're competitive in the Big East and they have one of the best PFs in the country in Dante Cunningham.
Finally, congrats to Northern State coach Don Meyer for picking up his 903rd win, passing up Bobby Knight to become the NCAA's winningest coach.:thumbsup:

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Louisville over Notre Dame 87-73 in OT--Rick Pitino got the most out of his players--particularly senior forward Terrence Williams--and pressured the Irish with half-court defense. Good thing he has his team on a winning streak. He faces Pittsburgh next.
Oklahoma beats Texas 78-63--Jeff Capel finally defeated the Longhorns with good play in the paint and 10 rebounds from sophomore forward Blake Griffin. The Sooners maintained the lead in the Big12 with Baylor in second and a date with OU Jan. 24th.
Davidson takes down Appalachian State 70-52--Before you say "Who cares?" know this: the Wildcats lead the Southern Conference South Division with a 12-3 record. Their only three losses are at Oklahoma, at Purdue, and at Duke--and they played the Sooners to a 4-point game. Another thing: junior guard Stephen Curry. He's inconsistent at the perimeter but when he's on he's a bundle. He averages 29 PPG. Coach Bob McKillop has a deep bench and a talented front court.

Status
Not open for further replies.