• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2010/2011 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Northwestern :facepalm:
Maildude State :facepalm:
Penn State in a tight one with the gators

If I can't get 2 out of 3...I'm done with the Challenge. I'm done with the Challenge.

I'm hear to report there is no higher power at work pulling the strings of the universe. :facepalm:

I think if Michigan can't persuade Harbaugh then the next option is Dan Mullen. Hire him now if it looks like Harby is off to the NFL or wants to play money games.

Northwestern :facepalm:
Maildude State :facepalm:
Penn State in a tight one with the gators

If I can't get 2 out of 3...I'm done with the Challenge. I'm done with the Challenge.

For today, so far, you're 1 outta 4, but I'm sure you're gonna get the next two right.

I'm 4 outta 4 today, but I've got a lot of ground to make up. The upsets this year have killed my picks. :rolleyes:

best matchup yet kansas st and syr...cant believe the stripes fucked that game up:(:dunno:

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Dalton is shredding that Badger zone. Bielema better wake up.

Man, both Michigan teams got flat out embarrassed today. I remember someone on this board asking me during the middle of the season what justification was there for a two loss Alabama team to be ranked ahead of an undefeated Sparty team at that time. It's a bit delayed, but you received your answer today.:hatsoff:

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Man, both Michigan teams got flat out embarrassed today. I remember someone on this board asking me during the middle of the season what justification was there for a two loss Alabama team to be ranked ahead of an undefeated Sparty team at that time. It's a bit delayed, but you received your answer today.:hatsoff:

Say whatever you want, for whatever reasons. But I chose 'Bama in a roll.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Says the man with the Buckeye avatar! :rofl2:

Ugh, what a bleepin disaster. And your team is left to play against an SEC team (pssst, 0-9) :facepalm:

Illinois. The only Big10 salvation.

Cool, but I don't think it was you who said that. I chose Bama too, but I thought the match up would at least be interesting. I turned it off after the second quarter. Same with the Michigan game against Miss. State. Staying with the SEC, I couldn't help but wonder how in the blue fuck Tennessee got themselves nominated to a bowl game.

Well, at least the TCU vs Wisconsin game didn't disappoint.

I did too, and I chose MS over Michigan as well. It's hard to go with a Big-10 team against an SEC team. Over the past few years,
the Big-10 has been horrible against the SEC, because they keep recruiting the wrong type of players. It may sound great having
an offensive/defensive line that averages 330 pounds or better, but when the linemen on the other team are so fast, they can
run around the big'uns instead of trying to run thru them, it can make for an embarrassing game. Both of the Michigan teams
discovered that today.

I suppose I did good on my bowl picks for the day, 5 outta 6, but Wisconsin messed up my perfect day by losing to TCU. I should'a
stuck with my philosophy, speed beats size, but I figured this was one time when it would be proven wrong. :rolleyes:

Is there some mystical curse that has been put on the Big Ten that makes them suck when it come to the bowls the last better part of a decade? :1orglaugh

That would be sound reasoning IF people were actually just given their rankings and only judged that way, which they aren't for the most part. Either they should be voted for and given their ranking based on what position people think teams are based on skill of the team regardless of other factors, like wins and loses, (which would be my preferred way if I was voting), or it should be some type of reward system that judges people based on how well they have played so far regardless of actual skill of the team. When voters are allowed to pick and choose basically on a whim priorities about how much to weight to give each of those two factors and each voter is different it makes the whole system even worse than it already is and it makes the whole system not work, even worse than all it’s other inherent flaws already create for it. Trying to have it both ways doesn't work that well.

That would be sound reasoning IF people were actually just given their rankings and only judged that way, which they aren't for the most part. Either they should be voted for and given their ranking based on what position people think teams are based on skill of the team regardless of other factors, like wins and loses, (which would be my preferred way if I was voting), or it should be some type of reward system that judges people based on how well they have played so far regardless of actual skill of the team. When voters are allowed to pick and choose basically on a whim priorities about how much to weight to give each of those two factors and each voter is different it makes the whole system even worse than it already is and it makes the whole system not work, even worse than all it’s other inherent flaws already create for it. Trying to have it both ways doesn't work that well.

I cringe when I say this, but to some degree, the BCS rankings are probably the best way to rank teams, because it takes several polls, both human and computer, to make a determination of the best teams. The real problem I have is there is no playoff. If I had my way, I would keep the BCS poll system in place, and at the end of the season, I would take the top 8 teams, seed them and then have a playoff. The powers behind the BCS bowls are against a playoff, because they believe it would diminish their bowls, but that is just a lack of common sense on their part. If they would just wake up and realize they could use the current BCS bowls with those 8 teams, play the extra games with those bowl sites, and rotate them each year, they would make an obscene amount of money each year!

after alllllll that today...i dont see how you can pick 2 teams to play for the championship..and say hell with the rest..and we still got ohio st and arkansas to go..tmo arkansas was playing as good as anyone in the country at the end of the year..the way i feel..before im sold on the #1 team in the nation...as of noW...you gotta beat tcu..okl..okl st...florida st...alabama..hell..you gotta wonder how strong miss st is now..i know this wasnt mich..best year..but damn..that was a beat down......PLAYOFFS..dont talk about playoffs..are you kidding?...play-offs:mad: all that would do is decide without a doubt whos got the best team in the nation..unless we got some pisse ref like was in the kansas st syr game..i cant get over that pisse call...but i have found out..its ok to get up flapping your arms like a gators mouth thats cool..no salutes..or no cell calls ..<(parker wilson bama lsu)..im still pissed..i cant believe they just stood there and let that game be decided on a fucked up call like that..i hope they hot dogged him all the way to the exit ramp..jerK!!!

Last edited:
o i forgot..GEORGIA..get ouT!!..you make me sick..im ashamed of you..when you cant play smash mouth football with central florida..get out..i mean it

after alllllll that today...i dont see how you can pick 2 teams to play for the championship..and say hell with the rest..and we still got ohio st and arkansas to go..tmo arkansas was playing as good as anyone in the country at the end of the year..the way i feel..before im sold on the #1 team in the nation...as of noW...you gotta beat tcu..okl..okl st...florida st...alabama..hell..you gotta wonder how strong miss st is now..i know this wasnt mich..best year..but damn..that was a beat down......PLAYOFFS..dont talk about playoffs..are you kidding?...play-offs:mad: all that would do is decide without a doubt whos got the best team in the nation..unless we got some pisse ref like was in the kansas st syr game..i cant get over that pisse call...but i have found out..its ok to get up flapping your arms like a gators mouth thats cool..no salutes..or no cell calls ..<(parker wilson bama lsu)..im still pissed..i cant believe they just stood there and let that game be decided on a fucked up call like that..i hope they hot dogged him all the way to the exit ramp..jerK!!!

This year, I have seen some truly bone-headed, ludicrous officiating. Especially in the replay booth! So much so, that the NCAA should put a system in place to review the officiating, and those refs who consistently screw up, get fined or FIRED! If they did this, the down-side would be a high percentage of SEC refs looking for a job.

I cringe when I say this, but to some degree, the BCS rankings are probably the best way to rank teams, because it takes several polls, both human and computer, to make a determination of the best teams. The real problem I have is there is no playoff. If I had my way, I would keep the BCS poll system in place, and at the end of the season, I would take the top 8 teams, seed them and then have a playoff. The powers behind the BCS bowls are against a playoff, because they believe it would diminish their bowls, but that is just a lack of common sense on their part. If they would just wake up and realize they could use the current BCS bowls with those 8 teams, play the extra games with those bowl sites, and rotate them each year, they would make an obscene amount of money each year!

my gawd..you gotta wonder what a ticket for tcu-oregon auburn- bama (rematch) ohio st-okl...just to name a few..i see a lot of money to be made..plus we would know without question who the best was..them 3 games would all sell out..and i got a few more that would as well:dunno::horse:

Think about this: If the system I suggested were used, this would have been the match-ups in the first round:

Auburn -vs- Arkansas
Oregon -vs- Oklahoma
TCU -vs- Ohio State
Stanford -vs- Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.