• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2010/2011 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay, my Sooners won a BCS bowl game!

I don't care if we played a SEC team, or the Big East. A win is a win.

I hate Ohio State. I've very high on Arkansas, I think they could beat anyone. Ohio State has distractions. The game is in SEC country. Ohio State, and the Big Ten at-large, sucks the SEC's dick. Ryan Mallett is gonna be a starting QB in the NFL next season.

But I think Ohio State is gonna win.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if Arkansas won by 20+.

So, when Ohio State wins you'll say "Yeah, I predicted that". Or when they lose you'll say "Yeah, I predicted that too".

Which is it dude?

I thought a SEC guy would be a little more decisive.

:facepalm:If the SEC gets any more 'decisive' when it comes to the B10..they'll be whining to just substitute their conf. championship game for the BCS champ game.:(

:facepalm:If the SEC gets any more 'decisive' when it comes to the B10..they'll be whining to just substitute their conf. championship game for the BCS champ game.:(

It is quite remarkable. I'm a Big 12 guy living in SEC country, so I'm always reminded about how dominate they are against everyone else.

For once, I would like to see a team dominate an SEC team. I thought my Sooner could do it... I was wrong. I thought Texas had a chance... no.

I'll be rooting like crazy for Ohio State and Oregon to win.

I'm looking forward to actually being able to watch a couple of games now!

What do people think will be the game of the week this week? :)

Cotton Bowl, LSU vs. Texas A&M is my pick.

So, when Ohio State wins you'll say "Yeah, I predicted that". Or when they lose you'll say "Yeah, I predicted that too".

Which is it dude?

I clearly picked Ohio State. But I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if Arkansas showed up and dominated. I think if it's close, Ohio State will pull it out, and I do think it'll be close. But if one of the teams has the firepower to pull out a big margin win, it's probably Arkansas.

It would've been an easy Ohio State beatdown if all this shit with their stars hadn't dropped. I don't know what to expect from the Buckeyes, tbh.

I cant wait to see what the Florida Gators look like next year with a whole new coaching staff iam excited GO GATORS!!!

It will be interesting to see what contribution Charlie Weis makes there. I find it strange that he steps from an offensive coordinator position in the NFL to an offensive coordinator position in college ball. I'm sure he'll make less. Do you think he's trying to set himself up to get a head coach position again?

As an Irish fan, and I mean no disrespect to the Florida program, I hope he fucking crashes and burns and finds unemployment very unsatisfying.

Not that I'm bitter...

^
Perhaps he will use the Gators to springboard back into the ND job! :nanner: Or, bellyflop would probably be more accurate, huh?

Cotton Bowl, LSU vs. Texas A&M is my pick.

I clearly picked Ohio State. But I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if Arkansas showed up and dominated. I think if it's close, Ohio State will pull it out, and I do think it'll be close. But if one of the teams has the firepower to pull out a big margin win, it's probably Arkansas.

Fair enough.

Based off your previous comment, I just didn't understand your logic in picking Ohio State to win. But I guess Ohio State is due for a win against the SEC.

Me, personally, I picked Arkansas because I'm not sold on Terrell Pryor.

^
Perhaps he will use the Gators to springboard back into the ND job! :nanner: Or, bellyflop would probably be more accurate, huh?

More likely he's heading to the west coast, if you ask me...

By the way, I just read that he has decisively lost his lawsuit against his stomach staple doctors. It pleased me.

^

I don't get Weis' move here at all. Normally I can reason these things pretty easy but I have no idea on earth what he's thinking with this.

Maybe after, NE, ND and KC he's sick of coaching in the cold and being 'bundled up'. :dunno: He does seem to have the sniffles quite a bit in his pressers....so..:1orglaugh

re: 'bundled up', the first thing I saw when I turned on the Miami/ND game was Leonard Hankerson with a hood and turtle neck on...I text a friend who is a Miami .... and told him, too cold=Miami loss.:1orglaugh

I don't get Weis' move here at all. Normally I can reason these things pretty easy but I have no idea on earth what he's thinking with this.

Maybe after, NE, ND and KC he's sick of coaching in the cold and being 'bundled up'. :dunno: He does seem to have the sniffles quite a bit in his pressers....so..:1orglaugh

:rofl2:
When he was at ND there were people who petitioned to have a scholarship position of "wiper" for the cold weather games.

It will be interesting to see what contribution Charlie Weis makes there. I find it strange that he steps from an offensive coordinator position in the NFL to an offensive coordinator position in college ball. I'm sure he'll make less. Do you think he's trying to set himself up to get a head coach position again?

I'm sure he wants to be a head coach again, but I think he's going about it the wrong way. He's coming into the strongest conference in the country, and having failed at Notre Dame, the pressure will really be on him. If I were a Florida fan, I wouldn't be optimistic about his offensive schemes.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
I give VTech all the credit in the world--TieRod and everybody else. But Taylor has taken this fucking game over.

Lust

Lost at Birth
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

let me reiterate that,

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Go Cardinal!!!!!

Do you think he's trying to set himself up to get a head coach position again?

That's exactly what he's doing. He's realized being an NFL head coach is pretty much out of the question, so he's going back to college in hopes of being a college coach. And being a coordinator in the SEC is the best way to do that. It pays almost as much as being a head coach elsewhere and leads to exposure (and probably overratedness, which helps).

Based off your previous comment, I just didn't understand your logic in picking Ohio State to win. But I guess Ohio State is due for a win against the SEC.

Me, personally, I picked Arkansas because I'm not sold on Terrell Pryor.

Yeah, I just feel Ohio State is gonna somehow pull it out, but I hope I'm wrong. I also ain't sold on Pryor, but I ain't sold on Arkansas' defense either.

If I were a Florida fan, I wouldn't be optimistic about his offensive schemes.

I'm not. Plus he's gonna be there 2 years max. Not the kinda guy you hire if you want stability. He'll either be successful and bolt, or fail and be let go.

Congratulations [size=+1]Cardinal[/size] and to you, Lust :thumbsup:

Mighty impressive win.
If that game is a barometer of Oregon's chances the Ducks may be in better shape than I've been thinking.

Yeah this game's a tough read for me too. I keep remembering last year's Rose Bowl, and that Ohio State should be able to reach down for that kind of effort when necessary, but otherwise I don't much like this matchup with Arkansas. I'm still picking OSU but I won't be risking any $$$ on that pick.

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
A pretty dominating performance by Standford last night. Over the years, I've never been impressed or bought into the hype of Virginia Tech and Frank Beamer.

A pretty dominating performance by Standford last night. Over the years, I've never been impressed or bought into the hype of Virginia Tech and Frank Beamer.

Beamer has been quite impressive IMO. His record speaks for itself and could have been better if he had Vick longer.

His teams are generally well coached and always seem to play well above average on special teams and defense. This year was thought to be at the outset a down year for their defense and that pretty much proved true.

With RichRod getting the boot...and with Jimmy Harbaugh apparently already saying "No" to the Big M....who the hell will they hire? :dunno:

I don't see Les Miles leaving because he's got a good gig now. LSU is an NC caliber school. I know he's a Michigan man, but I think he's pretty much unpryable there in Baton Rouge.

What about a guy like Steve Spurrier? Don't laugh. Michigan is a national recruiter. It would be a big name, South Carolina had a pretty solid year all things considered.

I would be leery of Brady Hoke out of SDSU only because he did it for what, 1 year? In the MWC? Stepping up to Ann Arbor..that is a HUGE step up.

Also, why not make a run at Urban Meyer? What better way to stick it to OSU than hire an Ohio guy. He also knows the spread better than Rich Rod and could EASILY upgrade the recruiting. Sure, it's a gamble, but seeing the Broncos throw themselves at Harbaugh last night makes it seem like the Meyer to Mile High rumor really is just fanboy wank talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.