• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2008 - 2009 World Football Thread (EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations tartanterrier with the victory over Celtic.:thumbsup:
7 good years to come for the Rangers?

Synthmesc_Droog

Closed Account
I was disappointed with Celtic - but Scottish Football is a whole different kettle of fish. You can never pick a sure winner.

It was good to see Zenit St. Petersburg triumph over Manchester United to claim the Super Cup. Although Man. United is one of my favorite teams, I like to support the underdog. They simply outplayed and outwitted United, Advocaat knows his shit.

The EPL had some good matches over the weekend. I was not able to stay awake to see Villa v Liverpool. What was the final score? The local derby between Chelsea and Tottenham was very disappointing. Not entirely exciting and so many wasted chances by both teams. Anelka just doesn't cut it up front. They need a better striker to finish off all the work of their exceptional midfield. Although, in Tottenham's defense Gomez was great in goal.

In the A-League, this round had a massive 21 goals. Thoroughly exciting football. My home team, 07/08 Premiers, the Central Coast Mariners won 4 - 2 in an action packed match against Queensland. Bozza (Mark Bosnich) made a solid debut between the posts for the Mariners. This round was made even sweeter after hearing that my arch-rivals and defending Champions, Newcastle were absolutely thrashed 5 - 0 by Melbourne.

I cannot wait for the International friendly of The Netherlands v Australia. Only 5 more days! :D

Deadline day. Lots of transfers to happen today.

Corluka and Pavaluchenko sign for Spurs.

Man City bought by an abu dabhi company.

Lots more rumoured deals in the pipeline also.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...

StormRuller

Nikki Benz: Simply the best #1!!
Man City will do very good now with Robinho!!

I used to see Robinho and Elano together in Santos FC... I wish them the best in Man City now!!

Synthmesc_Droog

Closed Account
Robinho to Man. City and Berbatov to Man. United eh? This will make things VERY interesting. That's for sure. As soon as Ronaldo is back (as early as the end of this month) we will see some interesting football from Manchester United. I cannot wait until the two sides meet. The Warehouse City must be buzzing with anticipation! :D

I was disappointed Blackburn Rovers didn't sign Brett Holman. Although, with Vince Grella signing on his experience with Brett Emerton will be a good combination for the club in the midfield.

The new Man City Owner is mad. Apparently hes 10 times richer than Roman Abromovich the Chelsea owner. He spent a British record 32.5 mil pounds for Robinho and stole him from right under Chelsea's nose. Now the two sides will play each other on the 13th that will be very interesting. But for those of you who havent heard, Man City want to bring in C.R. for 135 mil pounds, an outrageous some for any one footballer, plus they want Fabregas and Torres in January which would make them an unstoppable world force in less than a year. Football fans came be sure of one thing. The 2008-09 season promises to be unbelievable.

The new Man City Owner is mad. Apparently hes 10 times richer than Roman Abromovich the Chelsea owner. He spent a British record 32.5 mil pounds for Robinho and stole him from right under Chelsea's nose. Now the two sides will play each other on the 13th that will be very interesting. But for those of you who havent heard, Man City want to bring in C.R. for 135 mil pounds, an outrageous some for any one footballer, plus they want Fabregas and Torres in January which would make them an unstoppable world force in less than a year. Football fans came be sure of one thing. The 2008-09 season promises to be unbelievable.

If the right players are bought and click then they will be unstoppale going forward but they can't just by big name attacking players they will also need some defenders if they want to win the league as that is where they are weakest. As well as a more defensive minded midfielder as Hamman is coming to the end of his playing career.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
I hope Mark Hughes remembers the following names:

Andriy Shevchenko - an example that expensive players doesn't always mean they are successful players...

Claudio Ranieri - while he was in charge of Chelski, they finished runners-up in the Premiership and reached the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League. But this didn't guarantee his job...

:2 cents:

Arsenal....ahhh....simply amazing game against Newcastle. Cesc Fabulous is the MVP of the LEAGUE! From a week before of playing like cemented booted fools to this week and playing like the free-flowing ridiculously sublime World Conquerors....have we seen the first glimpse of the REAL ARSENAL? THe TREBLE WINNING ARSENAL?

I assume Wenger's plan was to make it to the January window and then see if he needs reinforcements? (cough Arshavin cough)...

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
I really don't think Arsenal will win it this season because I don't Wengers
squad will be able to cope with the EPL and CL.Without Cesc they struggle
just like Man U without Ronaldo.

I think Chelsea still have the strongest side on paper this season so I still
see them as favorites.

I really don't know what to think about Man City.But we may see a new
manager in there for next season,just to go with the glitz :)

Status
Not open for further replies.