• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2008 - 2009 World Football Thread (EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
U.S. went into Guatemala City and defeated Guatemala. It was more like a dirty, South American street fight. Guatemala is nothing but a sack of shit team filled with dirty clowns. This was one of the ugliest games I've seen and a brawl almost broke out at the end.

Will Capello get fired? Or is it time for England to stop playing players like Ashley Cole, Terry, Rooney..basically players who are more interested in their club teams and partying rather than putting on the 3 lions jersey?

Isn't it time for England to play younger, hungrier players like Bentley, Walcott, the Hoytes, Huddlestone, Defoe, Crouch...etc. etc. etc....

Russia-The Netherlands (friendly match): 1-1.

The Dutch played better then at the European Ch'ships this year.
Mark van Bommel made his comeback. His father-in-law Bert van Marwijk, made his debute as the coach of The Netherlands.

Synthmesc_Droog

Closed Account
Not that y'all care, but the Australian team drew with the Republic of South Africa in a very entertaining international friendly yesterday at Loftus Road. Sterjovki's volley was superb and Kennedy's header was first class - although he is 6 ft 4 1⁄2 in.

Story here. :D

Arsenal have signed Manchester United's France international defender Mikael Silvestre for an undisclosed fee.

good signing for us...we needed alittle more experience in the side.

^
Is he any good? I can't remember him playing at all the past 2 years....but he is French and we know that is all it takes to play for L'Arsenal!

^
Is he any good? I can't remember him playing at all the past 2 years....but he is French and we know that is all it takes to play for L'Arsenal!

I`d say its a good signing.

We need more experience and he brings it.

Seems a good way to get a move by Kompany, refuse to do as Hamburg say and make them want to offload. Alternatively Man City might have offered a ridiculous sum off money so they can't turn the bid down.
Personally I think it is a cross between the 2.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
I`d say its a good signing.

We need more experience and he brings it.

Definitely out of the blue...but I wish Wenger will stop moaning about how pricey Gareth Barry is - makes us sound tight-fisted...

...which we are, unfortunately.....

Well...that "big Arsenal" signing will be happening tomorrow, I suspect. Anytime you play Fulham and they look like Real Fucking Madrid out there, it's not that you had a bad game...it's actually YOU ARE A BAD TEAM!

I watched today's shocking loss and all I can say...THIS TEAM STINKS! They've played together for about 1 month and there's ZERO chemistry on the pitch. I've never heard the phrases "Denilson loses the ball" "Nasir loses the ball" "Adebayor offsides" "van Persie blows another free kick" so many times in one game....Yes we are obviously missing Cesc Fabregas and TOmas Rosicky..but even when we get them back...I'm not sure those two can completely fix the offense. We are going to rue the day we decided to get rid of Hleb. He is better than anyone we could bring in, no matter the price.

Arsenal are in for a long season. The team has zero chemistry and not much time to find some. I don't think any big signing can magically come in and wave a wand over the team's problems. There's a ton of inexperience and sloppiness on the pitch for the Gunners.

Liverpool, mancs and chelski are light years better than Arsenal...sad to say.

Atleast sp&rs lost again!

Arsenal looked poor against Fulham. Denilson had the worst game he will ever play in his life. Fulham were well organised and played to there strength although Arsenal did make it easy for them. Liverpool were poor again but to win leagues you have to learn how to win ugly.

Definitely out of the blue...but I wish Wenger will stop moaning about how pricey Gareth Barry is - makes us sound tight-fisted...

...which we are, unfortunately.....

I think he is tight fisted.

He wont go out and buy a big name player.

He just wants to buy youngsters and no way in a million yrs are we gonna win anything with that team.

Torres should have been signed before he went to Liverpool for a start.

Philippe Senderos has joined AC Milan on loan for the rest of the season.

We are struggling for players and Wenger goes and lets a first team player go out on loan???

Senderos is not very good for Arsenal have just signed Silvestre for Centre Half back up to Toure and Gallas and that to Djourou and Song then getting rid of a Centre Half is not a bad idea for Arsenal. It is in midfield and up front where the are short.

Status
Not open for further replies.