• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2008 - 2009 World Football Thread (EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
McGeady is shit if that was the final straw then I can see whyh the board would say no.

However he should have been allowed to live/die by his signings instead of have players forced upon him by Dennis Wise and the rest of the board.

European football becomes a wasteful machine of money and players.

English clubs are taking rich asses' attention and bought. If this trend goes on and on, Real Madrid and Barcelona will be bought by some rich asses too.

Who else thinks Champions League will become football version of NBA and make national leagues obsolete (more likely make regional divisions)?

Serie A, i cannot stand that damn boring Italian football and illegal issues. What's so magical in foreign players when they have same quality Italian players?

Premier League, it becomes a fully international league and i am affraid FA's work permit policy for foreign players will be loosen by the intense demands of club bosses. Good bye England as national team (failure for Euro 2008 was just the begining)!

La Liga, i was so happy when Deportivo were the champions and Valencia were challenging real and Barça. I'm a Real fan but would be so sick about a Real 6 barça dominated seasons. Go Villarreal, the super challengers!

Le Championnat, it's an overrated divison. Totally.

Eredivisie, totally cool league. I love Dutch style football in both domestic and international bases. Ajax kinda suck but Feyenoord and PSV are very well.

Bundesliga, my favourite league in whole Europe! Bayern dominate this league but they get their asses kicked so bad sometimes and it's so much fun.

Süper Lig, Turkish Super League totally sucks! I'm a Turk but don't watch it due to low quality football.

Both Argentinian and Brazilian Leagues rock my socks! Pretty exotic football and hi quality football.

Copa Libertadores, best international club tournament ever of the world! 1000 times better than European Champions League! StormRuller, you are a lucky guy! :):thumbsup:

StormRuller

Nikki Benz: Simply the best #1!!
Serie A, i cannot stand that damn boring Italian football and illegal issues. What's so magical in foreign players when they have same quality Italian players?
My favorite team in Europe is Juventus so I watch most of their matches and some others from Roma, Milan, Inter, Fiorentina but lots of matches of Serie A are boring!!

La Liga, i was so happy when Deportivo were the champions and Valencia were challenging real and Barça. I'm a Real fan but would be so sick about a Real 6 barça dominated seasons. Go Villarreal, the super challengers!
I hate both Real and Barcelona... and I'm with you I was happy to see Deportivo and Valencia winning... but this year I don't think will be Villarreal but Atletico de Madrid... Aguero rocks!!

Le Championnat, it's an overrated divison. Totally.
I hate the French League... only Lyon there... come on!!

Bundesliga, my favourite league in whole Europe! Bayern dominate this league but they get their asses kicked so bad sometimes and it's so much fun.
I want to see some Hamburgo matches this season... they got one of the best Brazilian players that played in Brazilian league the last two seasons... keep an eye on Thiago Neves!!

Both Argentinian and Brazilian Leagues rock my socks! Pretty exotic football and hi quality football.
I watch some of the matches from Argentina league... very good matches!!

As for the Brazilian league... I'm always watching... GO SANTOS!!

Copa Libertadores, best international club tournament ever of the world! 1000 times better than European Champions League! StormRuller, you are a lucky guy! :):thumbsup:
I love to watch Libertadores Cup... but I think next year my team will not play the Cup as we're in 15th position only... only the first 4 qualify... and we're closer to relegate to 2nd League then to qualify to the Libertadores Cup... but maybe we win the next 15 matches we have we'll do it! :)

Santos won't relegate. They only need to bring Pele Spirit to the team again then watch Santos' big impact.

I love all major Brazillian clubs and for some unknown and weird reasons, i feel myself as a Palmeiras fan.

StormRuller

Santos won't relegate. They only need to bring Pele Spirit to the team again then watch Santos' big impact.

I love all major Brazillian clubs and for some unknown and weird reasons, i feel myself as a Palmeiras fan.
I'm sure they won't relegate too... just so you know the current standings in Brazilian league is like that:
1 Grêmio-RS 48
2 Cruzeiro-MG 43
3 Palmeiras-SP 43
4 Flamengo-RJ 40
5 Botafogo-RJ 39
6 São Paulo-SP 39
7 Vitória-BA 37
8 Coritiba-PR 37
9 Sport-PE 35
10 Goiás-GO 33
11 Internacional-RS 30
12 Atlético-MG 30
13 Figueirense-SC 28
14 Vasco-RJ 26
15 Santos-SP 26
16 Fluminense-RJ 24
17 Atlético-PR 23
18 Náutico-PE 23
19 Portuguesa-SP 23
20 Ipatinga-MG 21

Palmeiras lost last night to Sport-PE 3x0 playing home... they played very bad... one friend of mine from work that is Palmeiras fan said that this match was their worst match he has seen in the last 10 years!!

5 rounds ago Santos-SP was the 19th place but in our last five matches we won 2 and tied 3!!

Synthmesc_Droog

Closed Account
The Netherlands lost to Australia in Eindhoven only minutes ago. :thumbsup:

After a clinical goal from Huntelaar in the sixth minute the Socceroos fought back through the majority first half to build some momentum. Stekelenburg takes out Josh Kennedy in the box and is red-carded. Timmer is substitured on and as a result and Harry Kewell scores from the penalty spot for a deserved equaliser in injury time (46').

Bresciano and Sterjovski substitute on for Kewell and Emerton at the start of the second half. Van der Vaart takes a free kick in the 60th, Schwarzer saves the attempt on goal from just outside his box. After some ambitious strikes from David Carney and Josh Kennedy, Australia sub on Bruce Djite and Michael Beauchamp. Josh Kennedy scores in the middle of the box off a superb cross from Luke Wilkshire - the header glides past Timmer. Jan Vennegor of Hesselink almost scores in the 84th minute within moments of coming on but the attempt is very wide. Schwarzer makes a great save in the dying moments, to deny Kuyt from close range. Full time, The Netherlands 1 - Australia 2. :D

Full Story.

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
The Netherlands lost to Australia in Eindhoven only minutes ago. :thumbsup:

After a clinical goal from Huntelaar in the sixth minute the Socceroos fought back through the majority first half to build some momentum. Stekelenburg takes out Josh Kennedy in the box and is red-carded. Timmer is substitured on and as a result and Harry Kewell scores from the penalty spot for a deserved equaliser in injury time (46').

Bresciano and Sterjovski substitute on for Kewell and Emerton at the start of the second half. Van der Vaart takes a free kick in the 60th, Schwarzer saves the attempt on goal from just outside his box. After some ambitious strikes from David Carney and Josh Kennedy, Australia sub on Bruce Djite and Michael Beauchamp. Josh Kennedy scores in the middle of the box off a superb cross from Luke Wilkshire - the header glides past Timmer. Jan Vennegor of Hesselink almost scores in the 84th minute within moments of coming on but the attempt is very wide. Schwarzer makes a great save in the dying moments, to deny Kuyt from close range. Full time, The Netherlands 1 - Australia 2. :D

Full Story.

Cheers for that.I didn't know this game was on :)

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
I'm so glad England v Andorra was on Setanta - didn't bother paying to watch it...

England got a 2-0 result against Andorra? Geez. Seriously. It's time for complete overhaul. No more Wayne Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, John Terry, Ashley Cole...Go with less experienced players and maybe Fabio it's time to start Joe Cole?

Is the entire Freeones British contingent rioting in the streets of London over that result?

StormRuller

South Africa are already in the WC as they're hosts but they're competing in the qualifying to get one spot in the CAF Cup Of Nations... they didn't go through next round... they're out in the first round in a group with Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Equatorial Guinea... South Africa will be a shame in next WC... they will lose all 3 matches for sure!!

I hope Italy plays in their group! :)

My favorite team in Europe is Juventus so I watch most of their matches and some others from Roma, Milan, Inter, Fiorentina but lots of matches of Serie A are boring!!

I think that although Serie A is slow paced for the most part, I don't find it boring as it is technically great in terms of first touch and picking the correct moment to strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.