• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2008 - 2009 World Football Thread (EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Montreal Impact made it to quarter finals in CONCACAF Champions League). Our Montreal team is setting new landmarks each time they win - never a canadian team made it that far in the competition.

Go Impact Go! :)

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
Montreal Impact made it to quarter finals in CONCACAF Champions League). Our Montreal team is setting new landmarks each time they win - never a canadian team made it that far in the competition.

Go Impact Go! :)

Do you think any more Canadian franchises will join the MLS?I think with
Philly and Miami going to join,it seems it might take off in a big way.More
so now than when it tried to all those years ago :)

It would be great that MLS goin' grower in the following years,this is a sign that USA is improving in soccer,and another question,why CONCACAF-CONMEBOL/MERCOSUR don't try to made a Panamerican Champions League (or Copa Libertadores) with the teams of North and South America,it would be interesting an Boca-Galaxy or Chivas USA-Chivas,for instance...

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
It would be great that MLS goin' grower in the following years,this is a sign that USA is improving in soccer,and another question,why CONCACAF-CONMEBOL/MERCOSUR don't try to made a Panamerican Champions League (or Copa Libertadores) with the teams of North and South America,it would be interesting an Boca-Galaxy or Chivas USA-Chivas,for instance...

I'd agree with that but my concerns for that would be the distances of travel
between say Toronto and Buenos Aires.Maybe the coaches & players would
complain too much about it.

Then there's the possibillity of things going wrong when for example a US
team going to say Colombia and being kidnapped would be a big screw up :)

So I don't really know why they haven't decided to do it :)

Maybe the distances,and the fears of terrorism,kidnappings,etc. could be a reason to not do a Panamerican Champions League.

BTW,yesterday what a great match between Atlético and Liverpool,first half was very better for Liverpool but in the second half,with the Agüero's enter,Atlético played very good and finally both teams drew 1-1

StormRuller

Nikki Benz: Simply the best #1!!

I don't agree with that Panamerican Champions League idea... I think there should be one Conmebol and one for Concacaf... Conmebol already does invitations to 3 teams from Mexico and I think this is not cool... because of the long-time travel to play with the Mexican teams... all Brazilian teams complain about this... because we play on weekends for the State League and then in Wednesday plays in Mexico then gets back and play again...

I hate when Santos FC plays in Mexico... this year we were eliminated by a Mexican team... America in the QF where we scored a goal there and the ref did not count... :dunno::dunno: it wasn't offside... it's a Conmebol tournament and referee helps the Concacaf team!!

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
Watched Spurs get humped again by Udinese this time.I bet Hutton wishes
he stayed at Rangers now :D

As for Villa.They had a good game against Ajax.I think if O'Neill gets a decent
striker during the transfer window,they might go far in this tornament :)

Watched Spurs get humped again by Udinese this time.I bet Hutton wishes
he stayed at Rangers now :D

As for Villa.They had a good game against Ajax.I think if O'Neill gets a decent
striker during the transfer window,they might go far in this tornament :)

I think that Juande Ramos soon will be fired from Tottenham Hotspurs,very bad start of season of Spurs

Even if they fire Ramos, nothing will change until they get rid of Commioli as it is him that is in charge of all transfers. Feel sorry for Ramos as he is getting stuck with players he doesn't want and is left with no option but to play them.

Besides Montreal, i havent heard any other cities working their way toward negociations with the MLS. People in Montreal cannot wait for the Impact to beat... err... i mean join Toronto and the other big North American teams of the MLS :)

There is only 3 *real* foot cities in Canada: Toronto (MLS), Montreal (soon MLSer too) and Vancouver.

I think Vancouver have the ressources to make the jump too (they eliminated us in quarter finals this year).

Montreal Impact got a crazy travel scheduele this year and coaches (as well as players) never complained.

My :2 cents:

If you are successful you have to play more games resulting in a harder schedule. Therefore if you want to be successful then you shouldn't complain when you get the extra games.

I think my favorite part of the spuds implosion is the humiliation of David Bentley. I bet HE wishes he never left Blackburn now...haha! He might not even see the field when the spuds come to the Emirates...

Here are my whishes in football from genie in bottle :):
I want Boca own both Apertura and Closura so bad. Go Juniors!
I want Palmeiras go fast in Libertadores.
I want Juventus and Inter own Milan.
I want Bayern play steady.
I want Fenerbahce fire Aragones and get Zico & Aurelio back.
I want Chelsea suck my thing. :)
I want Real Madrid have more fair play spirit.
I want LA Galaxy fly to the stars.

StormRuller

I want Palmeiras go fast in Libertadores.
they might not even qualify to the Libertadores next year.. in their last 3 matches they only got 2 points and now they're 5th in standings... today they lost 3-0 to Fluminense!!

Santos won again... 3-0 against Figueirense!

there are rumours here that Luxemburgo (Palmeiras coach) will join Fenerbahce... do you know anything about it?? does the Turkish press says that too?? he's a big friend of Alex (the midfielder)... this guy has a place in the Brazilian national team!!

You see! Santos is back to the pitch. :)

Fenerbahce managers consider Mancini as the 1st choice for a replacement. If Luxemburgo joins Fenerbahce, system and so results would be much more satisfactory.

Quite unknown talented Brazilian striker Deivid returns from a long broken leg injury and scored in the last game. :thumbsup:

Rumours say that Tabata will join Fenerbahce in January or February.;):)

I'll always miss Zico and Aurelio. :( Fenerbahce president is an asshole!

StormRuller

Quite unknown talented Brazilian striker Deivid returns from a long broken leg injury and scored in the last game.

Rumours say that Tabata will join Fenerbahce in January or February.

I'll always miss Zico and Aurelio. :( Fenerbahce president is an asshole!
Deivid played in Santos in 2004... great striker... he was the striker of our team and we were the champions!!

that's good news about Tabata... so Santos wil get some :2 cents::2 cents::2 cents:

Looks like ol'Harry dumps Portsmouth again as he's on his way to Spurs.Ramos
got the drop kich last night.

They punt Ramos, Poyet and Commioli, and it does the trick as Spurs finally win a game as they beat Bolton 2-0.

Still think they will struggle until they bring in a few more scrapping players in January.

Who will replace Harry at Pompey?

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
They punt Ramos, Poyet and Commioli, and it does the trick as Spurs finally win a game as they beat Bolton 2-0.

Still think they will struggle until they bring in a few more scrapping players in January.

Who will replace Harry at Pompey?

Lets hope the Spuds struggle in their next match......:D

Status
Not open for further replies.