• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Official 2008/2009 NCAA Basketball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's a bit early, but let's get some chatter going about your favorite teams and some early predictions. Gonzaga fan myself, and as long as they can stay healthy, they are very capable of making a deep tourney run. National champ? Might be the easiest prediction I'll ever make. North Carolina.

Yeah, I can see how it would be hard to watch the regular season, with the NFL playoffs and college bowls right around when the season starts.

Gonzaga at #4? Austin Daye a preaseason First Team All-American? I love the Zags, but that's stretching it quite a bit, Sporting News.:confused:

Last edited:
My best friend is a HUGE u.c.l.a. fan so I've sort of adopted them via osmosis.
I think Aflolo leavng early cost them a national championship last year.
Now this year Kevin Love is gone after one season.
Still a lot of talent on that team but I don't think they'll be making a 4th straight final four.

North Carolina, are they invincible? I think they can be beaten, but it's gonna take one heck of a team to do it. And there are teams out there that have the potential.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Too early for "real" games. But the big schools are still testing their best players. Izzo had better get his best players in tune. Soon comes NC.

Gonzaga's D has looked very good these first 2 agmes. Granted, its been vs. Montana State-Billings and Idaho, but good signs nevertheless.

I was hoping Dook lost the other night to Rhode Island

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
#2 UConn Survives A Scare !!

Squeaks by La Salle 89-81

La Salle shot 50% from the field. They were still outshot by UConn with 54%. They played a very physical game from the start. Their forwards aren't big but they're fast. Goodridge and Mbala combined for 13 rebounds. That ain't bad but Jeff Adrian for UConn had 14 by himself. Calhoun dropped to a zone coverage when the Explorers started banging around. He was smart in that he played his bench a lot. La Salle didn't. They'd better think about that down the stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.