• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Talking NFL

What team do you consider the biggest sleeper in the NFC?

• 49ers

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Bucs

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Cardinals

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Lions

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Packers

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Panthers

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Rams

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As far as the Patriots running up the score what do people want them to do, start kneeling it down in the third quarter, or punt on first down? A lot of their drives not only score near the end but they run a lot of time off the clock to make the game end quicker. The only thing I could maybe see them doing is pulling Brady and a few other stars a few minutes earlier then they have been but that isn't a big deal although it does increase the chance of injury slightly.

No, he'll be treated as dog shit. This is professional football, meaning those in the game have chosen a profession that requires them to play football. And that's what they do. The run up the score because in the course of doing their jobs, they score on every fucking drive. If you're losing big to someone then you're not doing your job but if you "put a bounty' or throw a cheap shot, then you're just pathetic.
Bounties in the NFL aren't unusual. The last one I remember was Philly Eagle Andre Waters was supposed to carry out a cheapshot on a Washington Redskin in the mid90's, I believe. Isiah Thomas, two years ago(?), put in some thugs to "send a message" because the Knicks were getting blown out at Home...Hockey is filled with "messages being sent"...so what I'm talking about is not exactly a novel idea in Pro sports...

I don't think it is professional or acceptable to run up the score or "show up" an opponent on ANY level...pro or amateur..in any sport. I realize that College Football accepts score runups because it's part of the polling process.

The Patriots are not showing the game, the opponent, the "Youth" of our country any sort of professional class and sportsmanship. They do not need to "take a knee." They can simply hand off the ball or pass the ball 10 yrds or less. They do not need to be passing on 4th down with a 40 pt lead.

I didn't mean to imply a cheapshot is a shot to the knee that seriously injures Brady. A cheapshot is a latehit that knocks Brady "whoozy" on his Ass and maybe sparks some pushing and shoving in order to get Bellichick to stop trying to run up the score.

The way to beat the Patriots is to knock Brady on his ass out of the game. A no name defender would jump at the chance to get his name in the papers, I bet...

You should watch more sports. The "coming together at midfield" after a football game is not anything special to football. Check out soccer and the jersey swap. Watch an NBA or College bball game sometime...

I see a cheap shot comin if the pats keep it up. i have no problem if the score gets outrageous, but there is no reason to go for it on fourth and 4 or something like that when u are up by six scores with less than a quarter to go!
and the guy that does it, i guess it depends on how blatant it looks. I'm a big Bears fan, and I remember Jim McMahon's career going downhill after being slammed on his shoulder well after a play by a player on the Packers!
Belichek is just pissed at the league and his ego took a huge shot when he got busted cheated and publicly admonished for it. I'd rather see HIM get nailed by a player running full speed than Brady!

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
I see a cheap shot comin if the pats keep it up. i have no problem if the score gets outrageous, but there is no reason to go for it on fourth and 4 or something like that when u are up by six scores with less than a quarter to go!
and the guy that does it, i guess it depends on how blatant it looks. I'm a big Bears fan, and I remember Jim McMahon's career going downhill after being slammed on his shoulder well after a play by a player on the Packers!
Belichek is just pissed at the league and his ego took a huge shot when he got busted cheated and publicly admonished for it. I'd rather see HIM get nailed by a player running full speed than Brady!

Jim McMahon, the original visor wearing quarterback. Niiiiiice.

Chi town crew - checking in. Did somebody say Jim McMahon?

:sing:
I'm the punky QB, known as McMahon.
When I hit the turf, I've got no plan.
I just throw my body all over the field.
I can't dance, but I can throw the pill.
I motivate the cats, I like to tease.
I play so cool, I aim to please.
That's why you all got here on the double
To catch me doin' the Super Bowl Shuffle.

Imhotep

Banned
5 people picked the 49ers and one person picked the buccaneers. knowledgeable fans here. lmao

Giants or Cowboys..??

i don't trust neither quarterback, but i trust the giants defense and Brandon Jacobs.

i'm going 27-20 Giants, and i wonder if people will get out from under of Tony Romo's nutsacks when he does his fucking up tomorrow

and WHY is this not the sunday night game.

how's this turn out fer ya slikpulla?

GO COWBOYS!!!

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
5 people picked the 49ers and one person picked the buccaneers. knowledgeable fans here. lmao

The Browns have also won 6 games already. Who would've picked that? No one. You can't really predict what's going to happen in professional sports. The Bears suck this year and everyone thought they were going to run away with their division again.

Imhotep

Banned
The Browns have also won 6 games already. Who would've picked that? No one. You can't really predict what's going to happen in professional sports. The Bears suck this year and everyone thought they were going to run away with their division again.

good point on the browns. but i did predict the 49ers would eat shit. i also predicted the bucs as a playoff team.

Deeeze

Tig Ol' Bitty Expert
As far as the Patriots running up the score what do people want them to do, start kneeling it down in the third quarter, or punt on first down? A lot of their drives not only score near the end but they run a lot of time off the clock to make the game end quicker. The only thing I could maybe see them doing is pulling Brady and a few other stars a few minutes earlier then they have been but that isn't a big deal although it does increase the chance of injury slightly.
The things is a point that I heard about two weeks ago there have been games where the Colts could have ran the score up but they chose not to and I the end of the game they had long mostly run drive that take 8 to 9 mins off the clock where as the Patriots are passing down field and going for it on 4th down

I would just like to state that I was one of the few people picking the packers to do well at the beginning of the year.

...of course I also though Philly would do well.

As far as cheap shots go. I think today it would be different. For one it does seem to be the media that cares more than the players. Another thing is that the punishment would be a lot worse today especially with the NFL increasing its emphasis on personal conduct. A blatant shot that would take out somebody, especially somebody like Brady, would probably give the person a 6-10 or even a year suspension (and realistically probation for life even if it wasn't part of it) and the team a fine or maybe even more like potentially fining the coaches, reduced draft pics, or lowering their salary cap. Throwing away that much money probably would be deterrent enough.

Oh, the things you see when Trent Dilfer is behind center.
:rofl:

Well, I can at least be quiet now about my own team. I was so heavily not in favor of the Chiefs starting Croyle, but I think he actually did pretty good. He needs a way better line in front of him, and a healthy Larry Johnson, but I think the kid will be ok.

H

I think Larry Johnson could use that line in front of him to. :1orglaugh

No doubt :glugglug:

Of course, it's almost better that he's had a mediocre year- maybe he'll learn something from this (like, come to camp!) I think if Croyle does pretty well the rest of the season, the Chiefs will focus on bolstering that line. They now have a couple of good pass receivers and a great runner. Time to replace Will Shields and Willie Roaf!

H

Fox...you should restrict your comments to the economy/oil "theories"/music/world football...you sound a little "pollyannish" with respect to American Football.

And (b) I also stood by Romo and said he kicked ass long ago. And for the future (c) you can remember when Brady goes down in history as better than Manning, that I was saying that even before Brady had his perfect season.
This might be one of the grandest pieces of bandwagoning I've ever read. We should hold you to your positive opinion on Romo but as for claiming "glory" on Tom Brady...this just in for you: Everyone but Colts fans thinks Brady was/is better then Peyton before this season...something about 3 Super Bowls to 1 seems to be the important stat. The only "debate" by people was which one is a better "fantasy QB"...or maybe which team would get the next Super Bowl...those have been the only debates.

Oh come ON. Firstly Brady has dated more than Moynahan. Actresses, models, the hottest of the hott Playmates (Shannon Stewart), Brady is a fucking god when it comes to women. It's a shame he had a baby with one of them, but that's his and Bridget's prerogative. I love the guy.
What are you saying here? I discounted Brady's studly factor? Huh?

Secondly, seriously - Brady does NOT sound like a dork. He sounds like a great fucking guy. What do you want, him to sound like some Schwarzeneger or Van Damme clone? He's a really good guy. Sensitive. Passionate. Talented. I like the things he says. I love the kid. I don't ever get "nerd" from him, and if nerd describes Brady then I wish more men were nerds instead of jerks.
Let's put it this way...if Brady decided to try out for the Opera...even the Alley Cat Union would object. Brady would make cat ears bleed...the tonal aspects and his "ah shucks! Gee Whiz!" are completely grating on the ears. He also speaks in cliche with the best of pro athletes. I liked this line by Brady:"We're not put out there to punt.." No shit! Really, Tom? I never considered that! Though this example is not a cliche...only a NERD would actually say that!:rolleyes:

Oh great. Yeah. You talk about respect and sportsmanship and then you say this? You know what? There is NOTHING more unsportsmanlike and there is NOTHING more disrespectful than what you are suggesting. And not only that, but ask how many professional athletes have a problem with "running up the score" and then ask how many professional athletes have a problem with one of their colleagues getting injured just cause he's TOO FUCKING GOOD AND WANTS TO SCORE AS MANY POINTS AS HE CAN like any true competitor. When I play soccer if I score 1 goal I want a 2nd, if I score 5 goals I want a 6th. I don't care if it's 1-0 or 2-2 or 10-0 to us. So does that mean I deserve to get kicked out of the game by an injury? If so then you and anyone who thinks so should not be playing sports. It's about winning. And enjoying the game. Not hurting people. And there is NO better way to DISRESPECT a team than to "take it easy on them" cause you're beating them by too much.
Based on your soccer braggadaccio...you kind of sound like "the Jerk-rec guy" (aka THE DOMINATOR)...I've played in adult soccer leagues, too, where anyone who scored 5 or more in a lopsided game gets sent "hard" to the ground and a fight usually ensues. You are clearly making my point for me! There IS a LINE Of SPORTMANSHIP and some people view anyone running up the score--be it on the Rec field or the Pro field...as crossing the line.

There are COUNTLESS EXAMPLES of players "taking exception" to an opponent "crossing the line"...in terms of showboating..or running up the score. I'll give you a little example...your Precious Terrell Owens scored 2 TDs against the Cowboys in a game once and ran to stand on the Cowboy Star..after the second time he did that..a Cowboy Defender/DB--George Teague--ran over and Cheapshotted TO...he cost his team a penalty and got tossed from the game. I'm sure he walked to the showers to a thunderous applause from the Home Fans.

Fox, are you really naive to think that professional athletes don't take conduct seriously? Have you ever watched a baseball game? Do you know the term "Chin Music"? I assume you have problems with that and the Baseball Code too? Baseball has a whole list of "unwritten" rules--NEVER BUNT to break up a No-Hitter, for example, never steal a base with a 10 run lead..and other things...I guess you'd ignore these rules and try to steal your base no matter what, eh?

I do want to clarify something...I am NOT ADVOCATING INTENTIONAL SERIOUS INJURIES...like taking Brady's knee out. I am, of course, opposed to that. If I confused people above, I apologize for that.

It would NOT surprise me of one of New England's remaining opponents, most likely the Miami Dolphins, will "circulate" the rumor that there's a bounty out on Tom Brady....and when the story "breaks" or when the event actually happens, I WILL TAKE ALL THE CREDIT FOR "SEEING THIS" before everyone else!!!:1orglaugh

This might be one of the grandest pieces of bandwagoning I've ever read. We should hold you to your positive opinion on Romo but as for claiming "glory" on Tom Brady...this just in for you: Everyone but Colts fans thinks Brady was/is better then Peyton before this season...something about 3 Super Bowls to 1 seems to be the important stat. The only "debate" by people was which one is a better "fantasy QB"...or maybe which team would get the next Super Bowl...those have been the only debates.

What planet do you live on? :confused: It was pretty much the other way around where everybody though Manning was the better quarterback except for the people in New England, especially anybody with an ounce of analytical thinking that was more than a casual fan. Out of all the stats comparing the two Superbowl wins is close to being the absolutely least important,...unless your one of those people that think Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson were better than Dan Mario because they beat him in Superbowl wins the team got. In fact it was usually even the dumb talking heads on television that would mention something like Manning was pretty much better in every phase of the game and then they would add in a "but", then mention something about Superbowl wins.