• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Erin Andrews gets $55 Million in Peeping-Tom Lawsuit Judgement

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Holy crap I agreed with Will on something! This award was meant to be a deterrent to others in cases like this. Not just for celebrities, but everyday people have stalkers, or abusive exes. Hopefully this will convince Hotels and other companies that they need to start seriously guarding the data and information we provide them with. This creep got those videos because two hotels failed to secure her room information from the general public.

You should agree more. :tongue:

Jurors are not allowed to consider their verdict as a deterrent, they have to consider the evidence of the case. If it is determined that they reached the decision based on any other reason than the facts before them, that is sufficient grounds for an appeal.

Like the rules are followed. I know they should be, but if the people who believe they are in authority don't follow them, why should we?

A deterrent is jailing the perp not making some face candy and a couple lawyers filthy rich.

Jail is a deterrent, since when? Sentences aren't long enough, and the right people aren't executed.

I said that if the rules are not followed it can open up grounds for an appeal. It's gonna be awhile before Ms. Andrews sees a dime from this verdict.

To put things in perspective, the city of Baltimore only had to pay a little over $6 million to Freddie Gray's family and the police accidentally killed him during the arrest. Meanwhile, this fucking nobody wins a $55 million settle. Granted she's not going to see all of that money (she'll be lucky if she sees half of it), but still there's something not quite right with that scenario.

To put things in perspective, the city of Baltimore only had to pay a little over $6 million to Freddie Gray's family and the police accidentally killed him during the arrest. Meanwhile, this fucking nobody wins a $55 million settle. Granted she's not going to see all of that money (she'll be lucky if she sees half of it), but still there's something not quite right with that scenario.

Not sure if a settlement was offered in this case.

A settlement was offered in the Gray situation. Apples to oranges from a litigation standpoint.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
I said that if the rules are not followed it can open up grounds for an appeal. It's gonna be awhile before Ms. Andrews sees a dime from this verdict.

They should just pay the money and be done. If they appeal, I hope she wins more the next time.

What perspective? Freddie Gray had a lengthy criminal record. No one would have known him if this didn't happen.

Except for the civil servants who kept arresting him.

Erin is known and on television and a celebrity.

Not sure if a settlement was offered in this case.

A settlement was offered in the Gray situation. Apples to oranges from a litigation standpoint.

They took the money and ran. They knew they were over-compensated.