• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2010/2011 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^
I think this is the worst year ever to try to find a coach. The money needed to pry away someone will be immense and there really aren't a whole lotta big names out there.

Maybe they go to the NFL and give Jeff Fisher or The Mangenius a try :dunno: I almost think they have to go NFL with this hire.

^
I think this is the worst year ever to try to find a coach. The money needed to pry away someone will be immense and there really aren't a whole lotta big names out there.

Maybe they go to the NFL and give Jeff Fisher or The Mangenius a try :dunno: I almost think they have to go NFL with this hire.

Yeah, like Pete Carroll? Did you see his post-game talk the other night? He made about 30 references to college and the BCS after his NFL win. He doesn't have a fucking clue.

Jeez, what does that make Virginia Tech against top 10 teams? Something like 1-25? :rolleyes:

With RichRod getting the boot...and with Jimmy Harbaugh apparently already saying "No" to the Big M....who the hell will they hire? :dunno:

I don't see Les Miles leaving because he's got a good gig now. LSU is an NC caliber school. I know he's a Michigan man, but I think he's pretty much unpryable there in Baton Rouge.

What about a guy like Steve Spurrier? Don't laugh. Michigan is a national recruiter. It would be a big name, South Carolina had a pretty solid year all things considered.

I would be leery of Brady Hoke out of SDSU only because he did it for what, 1 year? In the MWC? Stepping up to Ann Arbor..that is a HUGE step up.

Also, why not make a run at Urban Meyer? What better way to stick it to OSU than hire an Ohio guy. He also knows the spread better than Rich Rod and could EASILY upgrade the recruiting. Sure, it's a gamble, but seeing the Broncos throw themselves at Harbaugh last night makes it seem like the Meyer to Mile High rumor really is just fanboy wank talk.

days since the last time my Buckeyes last lost to that school up North.

I actually feel sorry for UM... DickRod was not the right fit from the get-go for them, but I thought JH would surely take the job.

Being a Bama alum, I can sympathize after we had 5 coaches in about 6 years a while back, suck to see a traditional power fall so low IMHO. :2 cents:

I actually feel sorry for UM... DickRod was not the right fit from the get-go for them, but I thought JH would surely take the job.

Being a Bama alum, I can sympathize after we had 5 coaches in about 6 years a while back, suck to see a traditional power fall so low IMHO. :2 cents:

And DickRod was very close to being the coach at Alabama. Just imagine if he accepted that job.

USC sunk to much deeper depths before Pete Carroll, imo. Getting clowned by ND for 14 straight and ucla for 8 straight...cry to me when Michigan (or Bama in your case with Auburn) hasn't beaten Ohio State for 14 years...

Maybe an NFL hardass is what M needs....

HC/DC: Jack Del Rio
OC: Boise State's OC?

With RichRod getting the boot...and with Jimmy Harbaugh apparently already saying "No" to the Big M....who the hell will they hire? :dunno:

I don't see Les Miles leaving because he's got a good gig now. LSU is an NC caliber school. I know he's a Michigan man, but I think he's pretty much unpryable there in Baton Rouge.

What about a guy like Steve Spurrier? Don't laugh. Michigan is a national recruiter. It would be a big name, South Carolina had a pretty solid year all things considered.

I would be leery of Brady Hoke out of SDSU only because he did it for what, 1 year? In the MWC? Stepping up to Ann Arbor..that is a HUGE step up.

Also, why not make a run at Urban Meyer? What better way to stick it to OSU than hire an Ohio guy. He also knows the spread better than Rich Rod and could EASILY upgrade the recruiting. Sure, it's a gamble, but seeing the Broncos throw themselves at Harbaugh last night makes it seem like the Meyer to Mile High rumor really is just fanboy wank talk.

Les Miles - I don't see how. He somehow conned LSU into paying him more than Nick Saban.

Steve Spurrier - He seems to care more about playing golf than making money.

Urban Meyer - After the past year and what he put Florida through, why would any school want to take a chance on him.

If it were me, I would be looking at Chris Petersen (Boise) or Gary Patterson (TCU) as my top choices, but I somehow doubt Petersen would want to leave.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
It'll be interesting. Three years RichRod got to make the team go. Who the hell are they gonna get who can do it in that or less?

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Well...Ohio State just lost the coin toss. Boy, it's starting right away!

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Touchdown Luckeyes! After bumblin', stumblin' Terrell Pryor fumbled near the end zone, the bumblin', stumblin' Hogs knocked the ball into the zone where it was recovered by Ohio State.:facepalm:

:wtf:
Why are the Arkansas passes bouncing off the receivers?

What a fucking bullshit call-back. His wrist touched the ground? Bullshit.

Whatever. They still got the touchdown bitches.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Pryor needs to settle the hell down. Mallett is already a better QB and if Pryor keeps fucking up Mallett will look like Paul Bunyon.

I think Chekwa broke his wrist. The replay was gruesome to watch. That could be a big-time hurt for Ohio State.

Hurt OSU more than Chekwa?:o

Status
Not open for further replies.