• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2008 - 2009 World Football Thread (EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Basically he is doing what he has to do to save face.
Ronaldo knew he wasn't getting sold so claims he want's to stay so that the fans don't get on his back regardless of whether he want's to go or not.

To be honest, both Ronaldo and Emmanuel Adebayor pi$$ed me of this summer with their antics.

StormRuller

Nikki Benz: Simply the best #1!!
Wednesday is the first official Juventus match of the season... we'll beat Artmedia for sure... GO JUVE!!!

i have allready a team on fantasypremierleague, so if a league is coming, i'm in :)

I am playing that EPL fantasy football for 5 years now. It is a great site, very well done.
I just created a FreeOnes league there and I opened a thread to discuss our league!!

It's going to be interesting to see the fans' treatment of Ronaldo and Adebayor. I sense a lot of booing when they make a key mistake and "tepid" cheers when they score this season...

Both players are going to be gone next year..I can't imagine the fans will really root for them this season...

om3ga

It's going to be interesting to see the fans' treatment of Ronaldo and Adebayor. I sense a lot of booing when they make a key mistake and "tepid" cheers when they score this season...

Both players are going to be gone next year..I can't imagine the fans will really root for them this season...

Ade-bye-bye was already booed during the Emirates Cup.....as far as I'm concerned, if he score at least thirty goals in the forthcoming season and Arsenal wins the EPL (or Champions Lge), he can then bog off (preferably for £35m).
I know the Arse's wage structure puts them at a disadvantage compared to their rivals in England and Europe, but Ade's behaviour this summer sucked.

Wenger basically admitted we're a selling club, which kind of blows, but it's also smart business for the long-term.

I would be very happy to get rid of Adebayor for 35mil. We could bring in someone as good or better.

Is this the year that Spuds make a push to toward the Top 4? They put a beatdown on Roma today and I think if they ship Berbatov to ManU and sign Arshavin and his winger buddy (last name begins with T)...hate to say it but totty might be a threat.

According to the LATimes--Ruud Gullit and Alexi Lalas are OUT at LA Galaxy...Cobi Jones is taking over the coaching job.

This isn't surprising...Lalas was in over his head and the Galaxy just don't have much on the roster other than Becks and Landon.

Does this mean the Becks Experiment is over and Becks will be back to the Premiership? Does this mean a bigtime Premiership coach may be heading to LA to handle the Coaching and GM aspects (sort of like a Galaxy version of Arsene Wenger?)

I think Landon Donovan is a complete crap player and the Galaxy should've traded him to try to secure Brian McBride. Landon needs to go and the Galaxy need to find a Defender and a striker..someone who can finish a Becks cross...

Can't blame Rangers for him going. They put the clause in the contract when they signed him which meant they would net £5 million profit if another club activated the release clause. It was good business.

Wenger basically admitted we're a selling club, which kind of blows, but it's also smart business for the long-term.

I would be very happy to get rid of Adebayor for 35mil. We could bring in someone as good or better.

Is this the year that Spuds make a push to toward the Top 4? They put a beatdown on Roma today and I think if they ship Berbatov to ManU and sign Arshavin and his winger buddy (last name begins with T)...hate to say it but totty might be a threat.
If I was an Arsenal fan I wouldn't worry about Adebayor. 35mil is great business for a player like him. He's good but I don't think he's world class. And Wenger has a habit of selling players at just the right time. Think Henry & Viera in recent years, they've done the square root of fuck all since they left.

Mark Hughes to the LA Galaxy? It appears Man City is in Defcon 5 Meltdown Mode. The owner of the club is in deeeep shit with the homeland. If he leaves Man City he's unlikely to get another job in the Premiership this year. Why not go to LA?

Why would Hughes leave Man City unless he is sacked. European Football and a chance to prove he can cut it on that scene so when he does eventually leave Man City he will have a better reputation and thus give him a better choice of clubs when it becomes time to move on.

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
I think Man City will finish at the bottom end of the table this season.They
should get beat by Villa on Saturday.

Why would Hughes leave Man City unless he is sacked. European Football and a chance to prove he can cut it on that scene so when he does eventually leave Man City he will have a better reputation and thus give him a better choice of clubs when it becomes time to move on.

Haven't you heard about the mess the owner of Man City is in? Thaksin Somebody is the guy's name. He was "allegedly" supposed to have $2Billion to his name but his billions have been frozen by his home country. They want to imprison him for fraud and other "issues":D I guess Hughes was lied to when Man City talked to him about how they would allow him to buy whomever he wanted and model the team around his vision. Now, they're selling off all the great players to pay payroll!

I think Hughes will quit. I didn't understand why he left Blackburn anyway. He did a decent job with them. Man City might be a hungrier team...but...

om3ga

If I was an Arsenal fan I wouldn't worry about Adebayor. 35mil is great business for a player like him. He's good but I don't think he's world class. And Wenger has a habit of selling players at just the right time. Think Henry & Viera in recent years, they've done the square root of fuck all since they left.

FC Twente 0-2 Arsenal

Goalscorers: William Gallas and Adebye-bye...

StormRuller

Nikki Benz: Simply the best #1!!
Juventus 4-0 Artmedia Bratislava... of course Artmedia is not a good team... but Juve are now back in the UCL and we'll do good... we deserve to be the Champions of Europe... brilliant goal by Del Piero!!!

FORZA JUVE!!!

I watched the Arsenal match. Pretty tame game. We didn't have our "beautiful game" going but simply wore down an overmatched squad. It was a close game for the first half but then it was basically a blowout. They could've had a 3rd goal.

I can't believe the new Premiership season is FINALLY UPON US!! C'mon Arsenal!

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
We got a good away point against Palace last week.Charlton will be a
tough one on Saturday but I think we'll sneek it - C'mon you Horns!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.