• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NFL '12 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy Flores

Official Checked Star Member
420782_440702222643138_1592307734_n.jpg

Grrr... :cussing:

While I totally agree that the last call was undeniably fucked up, let's not forget a couple of things.....NO one expected the Hawks to be even close, and the referees blew a couple calls against them too. The Hawks kept themselves in position with AMAZING 1st half defense (8 sacks having nothing to do with referees) and showed that really either team could've won that game. Tate should have caught it 2 plays earlier and there would have been no controversy. Lastly, in defense of replacement refs and some of the most idiotic calls I've ever seen in a game...let me take you back to the Seahawks-Steelers super bowl......not replacement referees, but the highly paid ones everyone seems to be clamoring for now.....and supposedly the cream of the crop refs for the superbowl. 2 of the most bogus calls in HISTORY, not even a close call like that last call tonight, but outright WTF moments that were so bad the referees went on Seattle radio and apologized, even national sportscasters have said repeatedly that the Seahawks had that game stolen from them. I'm not trying to go back to that game, I'm just pointing out that replacement refs are no worse than the highest rated pro refs!

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
^^ Well, if we're going to the way back machine, Yancy Thigpen stepped out of the back of the end zone and then caught a TD pass during the 1995 AFC title game in Pittsburgh against the Colts. He should be have been an ineligible receiver as he cannot be the first person to touch the ball after reestablishing himself in-bounds.

But that's neither here nor there. Bottom line is that the referees fucked up last night. They took a game away from the Green Bay Packers. There's no other way to look at it. How big that loss is remains to be seen.

[B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/mandy-flores said:
Mandy Flores[/URL][/B], post: 7021566, member: 550820"]I'm just pointing out that replacement refs are no worse than the highest rated pro refs!

Uhhh...yes they are. Much worse.

This is what you get when you have greedy puppet master owners for whom the "Commisioner" works....Just goes to show that these super-rich fucks that make multi-millions off of football don't care about anybody but themselves...They'll destroy the game over a few dollars and not think twice about it...take all they can from the game and leave it ruined...The same insanely irrational greedy "corporate raider" attitude that basically tanked the US economy in 2008. http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/roger-goodell-nfl-referee-lockout-2012-12758487

This is the same basic lookout strategy used against the players in pro football, basketball (David Stern :facepalm:), and the NHL....http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...feree-lockout-which-is-the-worse-in-sportsand ...Owners like Jerry Jones have already come out and said they don't give a flying fuck about referees, OR blown calls, OR blown games as long as he can make as much money as possible... MLB has been the only proffesional League to show any type of rationality and decency in recent contract negotiations with its Players.

As for the game itself, I don't blame the refs...Seattle deserved to win that game, plus the refs philosophy, although be it fucked-up overall, has been pretty sound...They know they don't know what they are doing, so when they fuck up in favor of one team, they give equal make-up calls to the opposing team, and down the stretch, any ties or close situations to decide the final outcome of the game, go to the home team...why? because the replacement refs know they have to get the fuck outta town without getting shot,,,nobody likes scabs in the first place, and if they fuck over the home crowd, their lives could be in real danger,,,Hense you have outcomes like Baltimore/New England and Seattle/Green Bay..

The refs screwed Seattle earlier in the game with a couple of calls and gave Green Bay their only touchdown, so that call at the end went to Seattle who probably should have been up anyways...They thoroughly outplayed Green Bay...plus the Review Officials took a look at it and up-held the call on the field, so it really wasn't on the refs anyways.

Humans make mistakes. And, a mistake was made. Regardless of what happened last night, the game is in the books. Move on.

plus the Review Officials took a look at it and up-held the call on the field, so it really wasn't on the refs anyways.

Not exactly. The call was upheld because the call on the field was simultaneous catch which is not a reviewable call. The fact they went to the review at all is just another example of how much these guys are in over their heads.

:cool:

Everything you said is 100% wrong...

Review is mandatory in that situation... The Review Officials are not replacements, and could have overturned the touchdown which they didn't do... so the Highschool/JuCo. Side Official, who was the only person to call it a touchdown on the field, was off the hook.

The Replay Officials had more than sufficient evidence to over-turn any call of simultaneous catch, but they didn't do it, so that would be much more of an issue than the incompetance of the on-the-field-Scab Officials...

"...Here's the worst part -- there was a lot of speculation that the "simultaneous possession" aspect of the play was not reviewable. Turns out, replay official Howard Slavin -- who is NOT a replacement official -- could have reversed the ruling on the field.

Replay Official Howard Slavin stopped the game for an instant replay review. The aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.

Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.
..." http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...tatement-says-golden-tate-165145380--nfl.html

Not exactly. The call was upheld because the call on the field was simultaneous catch which is not a reviewable call. The fact they went to the review at all is just another example of how much these guys are in over their heads.

So...you don't think the replacement refs are in over their heads, then?

I already commented in earlier posts specifically about how the replacement refs are handling games, but like I said, that doesn't have anything to do with the final controvrersial play that determined the Seattle/GreenBay game because the final desion in that situation was made by real Officials.

I already commented in earlier posts specifically about how the replacement refs are handling games, but like I said, that doesn't have anything to do with the final controvrersial play that determined the Seattle/GreenBay game because the final desion in that situation was made by real Officials.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
^^ Well, if we're going to the way back machine, Yancy Thigpen stepped out of the back of the end zone and then caught a TD pass during the 1995 AFC title game in Pittsburgh against the Colts. He should be have been an ineligible receiver as he cannot be the first person to touch the ball after reestablishing himself in-bounds.

But that's neither here nor there. Bottom line is that the referees fucked up last night. They took a game away from the Green Bay Packers. There's no other way to look at it. How big that loss is remains to be seen.

Don't forget the '94 AFC divisonal playoff between Dolphins/Chargers. Natrone Means stepped out of bounds on 4th and goal and was given the go ahead TD late in the 4th qtr. That was before replay, the Dolphins should have won that game and San Diego should have never made a SB appearance.

LOL...Are you retarded...Go back to post #508 paragraph 3 and attempt to comprehand what I said...anything you said subsequent to that is either repititious or wrong...If you are confused by anything I said try to re-phrase your question.

I would love to know what progress has been made, if any, in the NFL offices concerning the real refs. The trilogy of terror has come to an end and now we're looking to week 4. The game is losing so much credibility.

I'd have to imagine that the real refs are just laughing in Goodell's face. Not only did they completely blow the green bay game, but Heyward-Bey almost got beheaded and no flag was thrown. Goodell's being a hypocrite, he preaches for safety but allows these refs to not even protect the players

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus pogo stickin' Christ you're a fucking attention whore. Find in my post somewhere that I said you had no life. Never did I say that. Though you did just make seven consecutive posts in this thread and also took the time to find a picture from the Make Love Not Warcraft episode of South Park, and add your own caption to it...

What I did say was that your picks weren't worth a shit. And they still aren't. I also think you're an annoying douche bag. We'll just leave it at that.

sounds good to me :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.