• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2010/2011 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Auburn University on their 2010 National Championship.

The state of Alabama has completely imploded and Bama fans just have to suck on it. Everything they accomplished in 2009 was overshadowed and the final nail was put in the coffin last night with Auburn University winning the National Championship.

yea alabama sucked it allright...the state of alabama sucked it the last 2 years ....the crystal ball that is bama in 09 auburn in 10...i know i know the sec is overrated...that made 5 national championships in a row for the sec...bama with 16 NCs i dont see nobody with a shadow on the tide..in fact the team that spanked oregons score running up ass just beat a very young bama team 1..one point..so before we talk about a shadow...who I SAY WHO?? played auburn as hard as bama? best i remember bama had auburn 24-0 at the half..we may have lost..but we had them in shock after the 2nd qtr SEC RULZZZZZZZZ:thumbsup: to auburn you earned it. and:thumbsup: to the state of ALABAMA LONG LIVE THE S E C

yea alabama sucked it allright...the state of alabama sucked it the last 2 years ....the crystal ball that is bama in 09 auburn in 10...i know i know the sec is overrated...that made 5 national championships in a row for the sec...bama with 16 NCs i dont see nobody with a shadow on the tide..in fact the team that spanked oregons score running up ass just beat a very young bama team 1..one point..so before we talk about a shadow...who I SAY WHO?? played auburn as hard as bama? best i remember bama had auburn 24-0 at the half..we may have lost..but we had them in shock after the 2nd qtr SEC RULZZZZZZZZ:thumbsup: to auburn you earned it. and:thumbsup: to the state of ALABAMA LONG LIVE THE S E C

^^The only other reason why I might have gone for UO last night.:facepalm:

i been saying it the last few weeks..auburn is the most underrated team in the ncaa..but ranking is not that important at the moment..its going to pan out..the way i see it..by the end of the year..3 of the top 5 teams besides (boise and tcu)...will be well earned the right to be there..i think when the smoke clears this year..we going to know who the best is...ok heres my outlook..(this coming from a die hard crimson tide fan,,ask jagger....If..auburn beats bama in the iron bowl..and..ahhh cough lsu tommorow...auburn wins its first NC...thats my story and im stuck to it<<<this post was before auburn and lsu<<<<<whats a guy gotta do to get claps here??????????

i been saying it the last few weeks..auburn is the most underrated team in the ncaa..but ranking is not that important at the moment..its going to pan out..the way i see it..by the end of the year..3 of the top 5 teams besides (boise and tcu)...will be well earned the right to be there..i think when the smoke clears this year..we going to know who the best is...ok heres my outlook..(this coming from a die hard crimson tide fan,,ask jagger....If..auburn beats bama in the iron bowl..and..ahhh cough lsu tommorow...auburn wins its first NC...thats my story and im stuck to it<<<this post was before auburn and lsu<<<<<whats a guy gotta do to get claps here??????????

No doubt you get props smoknn!! You called 'Bama last year and Aubbie this year. I remember your posts....:bowdown:

No doubt you get props smoknn!! You called 'Bama last year and Aubbie this year. I remember your posts....:bowdown:

ty mega props where they are due...im so not a auburn fan...but..they walked the walk i gotta raise they hand:bowdown:

Having seen the way the game turned out last night..I would say that would be a mistake as Auburn would probably win by 3 TDs a week from now.

Even though the game was still in doubt after Cam's fumble, Auburn was the better team and it could have been worse last night.

For all the talk of UO's superior conditioning, which they are in great shape...Auburn was the team pounding down on them last night at the end of the game. Sometimes, size does matter.:o

The only part of me that expected (or wanted) UO to win was the part that says bodie54 is one of my friends here...aside from that the game went about the way I expected from a defensive perspective. With their talent on D, Auburn sees read option/zone blocking all the time in the SEC against some of the best athletes in college ball (starting with the offense they scrimmage against everyday in practice). :2 cents:

I suppose you could say the same of UO's D but I would say the difference is Auburn plays game speed against top 25 teams all the time who employ it to some degree...not the scout offense.

I have to agree. At times this year, Auburn's defense made me sick, but the fact is, they are an SEC defense, and that is hard to overcome.

Also, I think the reason it stayed close was due to the horrible field conditions. I still want to know who chose that slippery sod.

Overrated?! 5 champs in a row, 4 different teams, Tennessee won it 1998, Auburn was undefeated in 2004 and should have played USC instead of lowly Oklahoma. Georgia won one in the 80's and Arkansas was supposed to be a contender this year. Is there any other conference in the country that can boast 5 different teams with NC's in a 12 year span?

Back then, I said if they beat LSU, they would end up undefeated, but I was too superstitious to write it down. I was only worried if the voters would screw them the way they did in 2004. The only surprise to me was how flat they played in the first half at Alabama.

Also, I think the reason it stayed close was due to the horrible field conditions. I still want to know who chose that slippery sod.
I don't know who was responsible but allegedly it was sod from Oregon.:eek::tinhat:
Overrated?! 5 champs in a row, 4 different teams, Tennessee won it 1998, Auburn was undefeated in 2004 and should have played USC instead of lowly Oklahoma. Georgia won one in the 80's and Arkansas was supposed to be a contender this year. Is there any other conference in the country that can boast 5 different teams with NC's in a 12 year span?

IMO for a conference to be the best, they have to have the best depth (talent-wise) and coaching. Let's face it..with Meyer, Saban, Miles, Spurrier, (formerly Fulmer) and now Chizik....was there a better line up of coaches in one conference?

The SEC will always have available to them some of the best talent but they haven't always had the best coaching. Now they do...or have had for the better part of this decade. We'll see what happens with the coaching shake ups going forward though. Meyer is gone, Miles might be and who knows how long Spurrier will keep plugging?

The Big Ten has solid coaching and if the B10 adds Miles with Pelini to go with Tressell, Ferentz and Bielema...(MD:facepalm:), the Big Ten could be verging on a similar run or really challenge the SEC for supremacy in the next 5 years (in spite of this bowl season).

With better coaching comes better recruiting and development of talent depth in the conference.

The Big Ten has solid coaching and if the B10 adds Miles with Pelini to go with Tressell, Ferentz and Bielema...(MD:facepalm:), the Big Ten could be verging on a similar run or really challenge the SEC for supremacy in the next 5 years (in spite of this bowl season).

With better coaching comes better recruiting and development of talent depth in the conference.

No matter who is coaching, the Big 10 will never dominate until they learn how to recruit. They keep recruiting these super-heavy linemen that are slow and fatigued by the 4th quarter. The SEC has learned there has to be a balance with size, speed and stamina.

As for Les Miles, I'm hoping he stays, because if he leaves, LSU might make a run at Gus Malzahn. I know Malzahn will leave at some point, but I don't want him going to another SEC team.

Lust

Lost at Birth
IMO for a conference to be the best, they have to have the best depth (talent-wise) and coaching. Let's face it..with Meyer, Saban, Miles, Spurrier, (formerly Fulmer) and now Chizik....was there a better line up of coaches in one conference?

I have to agree. There are some proven coaches there and some up and comers. If Mississippi St holds on to Mullens, I think he'll be yet another coach to put on that list. He's already turned around what was once a dismal program to its best team in over a decade or more. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't have been disappointed at all if he'd become the replacement to Harbaugh at Stanford. But from what I've read on Rivals.com, he seems pretty content for the moment at Mississippi St

No matter who is coaching, the Big 10 will never dominate until they learn how to recruit. They keep recruiting these super-heavy linemen that are slow and fatigued by the 4th quarter. The SEC has learned there has to be a balance with size, speed and stamina.

As for Les Miles, I'm hoping he stays, because if he leaves, LSU might make a run at Gus Malzahn. I know Malzahn will leave at some point, but I don't want him going to another SEC team.

Well, who does the recruiting?

But Big Ten teams are RARELY EVER gassed in games...exception RR era Michigan. The biggest problem I see the big ten consistently having had the past decade (maybe) is speed and depth in their defensive front 7s or even on defense in general.

The Big Ten has had up and down success against the SEC when they were short on coaching. Michigan under Lloyd Carr had a ton of success against the SEC precisely because we were better conditioned at the end of games. That's one thing I do miss about LC...SEC teams would start fast but by the end of the games we were doing virtually what we wanted to with them.

Well, who does the recruiting?

For each Big 10 team, I don't know. Many people believe the head coach on a team is the one who does the recruiting, but that's a mistake. Many teams have a recruiting coordinator who evaluates talent and passes along recommendations to the head coach. When Pat Dye was coaching Auburn, he had one of the best recruiting coordinators in the country, but Dye was, at best, a mediocre coach and couldn't capitalize on the talent at his disposal. When Terry Bowden replaced Dye, he proved to be a far superior coach, but Bowden also proved himself a moron at recruiting when he made the decision to replace the recruiting coordinator, who ended up at Tennessee and recruited them to a national championship in 1998.

For each Big 10 team, I don't know. Many people believe the head coach on a team is the one who does the recruiting, but that's a mistake. Many teams have a recruiting coordinator who evaluates talent and passes along recommendations to the head coach. When Pat Dye was coaching Auburn, he had one of the best recruiting coordinators in the country, but Dye was, at best, a mediocre coach and couldn't capitalize on the talent at his disposal. When Terry Bowden replaced Dye, he proved to be a far superior coach, but Bowden also proved himself a moron at recruiting when he made the decision to replace the recruiting coordinator, who ended up at Tennessee and recruited them to a national championship in 1998.

Well of course no coach wins all by himself in college football. Most people understand coaches have a platoon of assistants under them who may play more important roles in a team's success than they get credit for.

Generally the HC is a merely a manager of the organization. That said, he is the one with the vision and determines what kind of team will be on the field game day.

Most recruiting coordinators aren't necessarily playing a talent scout role if that's where you're going with this though.

Point is, better coaches run better organizations top to bottom and if their vision is true, they will be successful at the end of the day.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Looks like Brady Hoke at SDSU is in the front seat now. Damn...does anybody want that Michigan job??

Looks like Brady Hoke at SDSU is in the front seat now. Damn...does anybody want that Michigan job??

It's not Michigan. It's just a bad year for going after big names. Miami had the same issues replacing Shannon.

The job security bug has taken hold of coaching too as fewer coaches are willing to leave where they've made a name apparently...I guess they're looking at RR as an example of what can happen if you do.

All that said, it doesn't help that LC poisoned the well against JH and LM during his time as HC.:facepalm:

If it does end up being Hoke...looks like Carr is getting what he wants after all...one of his coaching descendants as a replacement.

Congratulations to Auburn University on their 2010 National Championship.

The state of Alabama has completely imploded and Bama fans just have to suck on it. Everything they accomplished in 2009 was overshadowed and the final nail was put in the coffin last night with Auburn University winning the National Championship.

I don't know what's goin on down there, but I'm VERY optimistic about Bama's future... AU? Not so much :)

Congrats to the Tigers, I know one AU alum that's waited a looooong time for that and I'm happy for him.

Back then, I said if they beat LSU, they would end up undefeated, but I was too superstitious to write it down. I was only worried if the voters would screw them the way they did in 2004. The only surprise to me was how flat they played in the first half at Alabama.

i think the fact that bama came out and got that t town crowd going ..and was really ready..to play a better team had a lot to do with that...bama was young on defense this year..a lot of talent..but young..i think the crowd noise was the main reason ..i have never been at a bama auburn game..i prefer tv..but i have been to a not so interesting bama game..lot of noise..when bama went up 2 scores i imagine they had t town rocking

im still trying to figure out..was miss st thaT good..or michigan thaT bad?????

i have never been at a bama auburn game..i prefer tv..

I prefer TV as well, but going to a game is an experience that you really need to have. I've been to 2 Iron Bowls, 2005 at Jordan-Hare when Auburn sacked the Bama qaurterback 11 times, and 2006 at Bryant-Denny. The 2005 game was much more fun for two reasons, it is always truly awe-inspiring to see the eagle fly and that year, I was in the bottom row of the upper-deck. The eagle flew right under my seat and I was looking over the rail, straight down at him. He was less than 10 feet from me. That moment alone was worth the trip and price of admission. After the game, walking out to Toomer's Corner was amazing. There was so much toilet paper in the streets, you could not see the asphalt for several blocks! The trees were full of TP and it looked like a snow-storm had struck. Obviously, if your team loses, you wouldn't care for the experience, but it's something you need to do at least once in your life. Just talk to some Bama fans who have gone to an Iron Bowl and see what they have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.