• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2010/2011 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Somebody remind Dooley that NC has a strong defense on the outside.

Yet again, the refs influence the outcome of a game with a ridiculous call. A simple salute by a Kansas State player warrants an unsportsmanlike conduct? One of the most moronic calls of the year.

amen..i came on here to say that..this shit is getting SILLY!!!! leave them boys alone and let them play..dammitjanet!!:mad::bs:

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Yet again, the refs influence the outcome of a game with a ridiculous call. A simple salute by a Kansas State player warrants an unsportsmanlike conduct? One of the most moronic calls of the year.

A buddy of mine who is a basketball ref for local high school sports told me once that his goal every game is to not be noticed by the fans. Seems like some of these NCAA guys want to be the featured act. Ridiculous. Plus, it led to a costly defeat for me in the challenge!!!! :mad:

A buddy of mine who is a basketball ref for local high school sports told me once that his goal every game is to not be noticed by the fans. Seems like some of these NCAA guys want to be the featured act. Ridiculous. Plus, it led to a costly defeat for me in the challenge!!!! :mad:

The first touchdown by NC in the Music City Bowl, the NC player did the same thing, with a little dancing, and no flag was thrown. The NCAA needs to send some of these refs back to school.

IMO you either have to do away with the language in the rule or live with it being called. I think what happens is people lay blame at the feet of the officials on this too often when as long as it's in the rules it's the coaches who need to impress upon the players to recognize the situation and not give the refs the opportunity to make the call.

Pointing out inconsistencies in when it is or isn't called isn't an excuse either IMO. Holding isn't called all the time either but if you hold at an inopportune time for your team, you have to live with the penalty as it's defined on the books.

How hard is it to wait til you get to the sidelines then mug and gesture all you want?? I'm not against players doing it as I personally wish college players could celebrate individually or collectively (within reason) on the field. But if you're a player you just have to have to think the game and know the situation. That's where the responsibility lies right now.

IMO you either have to do away with the language in the rule or live with it being called. I think what happens is people lay blame at the feet of the officials on this too often when as long as it's in the rules it's the coaches who need to impress upon the players to recognize the situation and not give the refs the opportunity to make the call.

Pointing out inconsistencies in when it is or isn't called isn't an excuse either IMO. Holding isn't called all the time either but if you hold at an inopportune time for your team, you have to live with the penalty as it's defined on the books.

How hard is it to wait til you get to the sidelines then mug and gesture all you want?? I'm not against players doing it as I personally wish college players could celebrate individually or collectively (within reason) on the field. But if you're a player you just have to have to think the game and know the situation. That's where the responsibility lies right now.

The real problem is the refs are not being consistent. The NC player did the same thing (and more) that the K-State player did, but NC didn't get the flag. Honestly, with the way that rule is worded, more than 90% of the touchdowns in college football would warrant a flag, and yet, they throw one on something extremely trivial at a crucial point in the game.

The real problem is the refs are not being consistent. The NC player did the same thing (and more) that the K-State player did, but NC didn't get the flag. Honestly, with the way that rule is worded, more than 90% of the touchdowns in college football would warrant a flag, and yet, they throw one on something extremely trivial at a crucial point in the game.

I don't disagree with any of what you said. But if you don't do it...you can't be called for it no matter how inconsistently it's applied.:dunno:

However, if you violate a rule by it's technical definitions on the books... at the wrong time for your team, who's fault is that if it happens to get called?

I don't begrudge refs for giving leeway at times....which could be all they're doing when they don't call it. But what better way to make the point of an infraction than by calling it when it may matter most?

Mega,

I was in LA on business this week. Passed through Santa Monica on my way to the airport around noon today and ran smack into the red swarm :rofl: The Wisconsin bowl tour was spending a day at the coast. Buses lined up for two blocks. The entire pier was swarming with Badgers. My God it was like trying to navigate through a nest of fire ants :rofl:
I just barely made my flight :1orglaugh

Mega,

I was in LA on business this week. Passed through Santa Monica on my way to the airport around noon today and ran smack into the red swarm :rofl: The Wisconsin bowl tour was spending on the coast. Buses lined up for two blocks. The entire pier was swarming with Badgers. My God it was like trying to navigate through a nest of fire ants :rofl:
I just barely made my flight :1orglaugh

I told you!!! :1orglaugh

I swear it seems like every other person in the state uses this as an excuse for a California vacation whether they have tickets to the game or not. It really ought to be studied as one of the largest, temporary migrations occurring within the human species.

Now I know why this :facepalm: is colored Carolina blue. :facepalm:

^
Don't be so hasty. I have obviously angered the fucking football gods and they are tormenting me now :weeping: WHAT IS THIS SHIT WITH THAT FG!!! :MAD:

I'm an SEC fan, but I still have to admit the refs are trying to screw NC in the Music City Bowl. At the end of the game, a flagrant late hit gets a non-call, and they call the game over with 1 second left. At least the replay officials overturned that.

^
Don't be so hasty. I have obviously angered the fucking football gods and they are tormenting me now :weeping: WHAT IS THIS SHIT WITH THAT FG!!! :MAD:

No matter the outcom t/r...the was triple :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Worthy by NC.

I'm an SEC fan, but I still have to admit the refs are trying to screw NC in the Holiday Bowl. At the end of the game, a flagrant late hit gets a non-call, and they call the game over with 1 second left. At least the replay officials overturned that.

CXM the Holiday bowl is next. But if you take another look at the late hit prior to the attempted flub by NC...the UT player was blocked in the back down onto the runner. I was with you until I saw the player gesturing like he was pushed..then when they showed the replay you could see him getting blocked in the back down onto the runner.:2 cents:

:edit:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.