• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2010/2011 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry bub, but calling everyone else "ignorant" when you yourself don't know the FACTS of what went on is quite frankly ignorant.

I'm happy to leave this conversation and wait until the FACTS do come to light, and they will.

You are the one who alluded "The FBI is investigating Auburn". I merely stated a fact which blew that completely out of the water. To me, it just seems you (and others) want to put Auburn on trial in the court of public opinion. I refuse to do that on any subject.

I do agree on one thing, I'm happy to leave this conversation.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Hoke is gonna give this game away. His running attack is effective. But then he abandons it and makes Lindley throw long passes. What the fu...???:dunno:

The stipends should be the same for all athletes no matter the gender and sport. Universities can't be two-faced and preach "equality" and yet have separate standards for big sports and little sports.

But I say the only way forward is to drain the swamp completely of scum. Make agents and high profile athletes have an open, honest relationship. Any player whose jersey gets sold at the school store should get a royalty. Things along this line...

It's not really about equality as much as economic reality and funding. (Which is also part of the reason things like Title IX are screwed up today, but I won't get into that now.) It's not equal but it would be fair. Those other athletes don't equally bring in the same amount of money, and that's all there is to it. With the exception of men's basketball and football it's very rare for a sport to be revenue neutral let along make large profits. Without those players they other athletes' sports might not exist, at all. Most sports also don't carry the risk of injury or have the time requirements needed to put in as those two either. I'm sure a fencer or tennis person has a lower chance of being woken up at 6:00 A.M. to hit the weights heavily, risk being seriously injured or even permanently crippled every time they play to that degree, or spends so much of their time training studying is put off as a secondary concern. They also don't have millions of people watching them on television or huge broadcasting rights and jersey sales.

They just need to quit pretending it's not a big business, quit pretending that it's amateur, and treat it like it really is.

ESPN says Pryor sold several of his trophies and awards to raise money to help his mom. The NCAA went easy on the Bucks for the bowl game because "the university did not adequately teach players the rules" and that the actions of the players "didn't give the team any kind of edge."

If you are given something, it is yours, and you can sell it in the real world. But if you are given something as a NCAA player and you sell it, it is a violation. Makes sense sense it would not be of the same value if you were not a NCAA player. 5 games is a real hit, never less to a regular BCS team. I think it was BS what the players did and they should have a clue when the NCAA is so finite on the rules. shame! This is going to screw the next season, when they meet a couple of teams like Miami and MSU.

If you are given something, it is yours, and you can sell it in the real world. But if you are given something as a NCAA player and you sell it, it is a violation. Makes sense sense it would not be of the same value if you were not a NCAA player. 5 games is a real hit, never less to a regular BCS team. I think it was BS what the players did and they should have a clue when the NCAA is so finite on the rules. shame! This is going to screw the next season, when they meet a couple of teams like Miami and MSU.

I think the NCAA was a little harsh. Selling trophies, rings, that's their personal property, but the uniforms, well, that's different. I don't think they should have gotten more than 2 or 3 games since they are giving the money back. And why they are waiting until next year to serve the suspensions is just odd.

I still say the NCAA should allow the schools to give the athletes a meager allowance.

That San Diego State team is loaded with talent.....Lindley, Hillman, Sampson, Brown.....and they very easily coulda been 12-1 with wins over Utah and Missouri. And that doesn't even include the 5 point loss to TCU.

:facepalm: Mega...wtf? My gawd. I was going to heap some nastier trash talk about Pat Hill and Fresno St. than what he said! I better zip it :o

Maybe they found out that he was was actually MrsJolly after all? :dunno::confused::1orglaugh

Whatever he did, hopefully he didn't get the death penalty.

Likely not the death penalty, but probably a major and a game misconduct. Or at least a double minor.

Wait, wrong thread for those examples....

^
Mega must've ran into Joey Kocur?

I'm hanging in there with Louisville tonight, homos :thefinger

Word play and punography apparently belongs in the jokes section.:anonymous Otherwise you could be cited for calling someone a bonehead (for example) by correcting bone head.

Sorry bub, but calling everyone else "ignorant" when you yourself don't know the FACTS of what went on is quite frankly ignorant.

I'm happy to leave this conversation and wait until the FACTS do come to light, and they will.

Merry Christmas!

Bingo to the underlined part.

The NCAA didn't really have a choice but to clear Cam Newton while the season's going on. The hype around him and Auburn was/is too big to pull the brake on at this point.

I am quite certain that the NCAA will "surprisingly" discover new evidence after the season and deal with this mess later on. Probably right after CN declares for the NFL.

^
Just to be clear, I wasn't calling everyone ignorant. I was irked by his wrongful statement that Auburn was under investigated by the FBI, when the truth is, a trustee at Auburn is being investigated for activities that have nothing to do with the university. His statement is how gossip gets started and spirals out of control. I was merely correcting his mistake.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Kudos to the Tulsa Golden Hurricane and a great night by Kinne. They proved a lotta people--including me--wrong. Good game.:bowdown:

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Yeah I thought those redneck kids from the Midwest would be so wowed by being in Hawaii to begin with that they would have left their game in the hotel room. Obviously, I was wrong.

I just hope we can all stomach it in case t-rock rides this streak all the way (he won't, but let's play "if" here :D) to victory in the and we have to endure his latest "Flair"-up of wooooo-itis until this is all over. :1orglaugh

Status
Not open for further replies.