• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2010/2011 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stipends should be the same for all athletes no matter the gender and sport. Universities can't be two-faced and preach "equality" and yet have separate standards for big sports and little sports.

But I say the only way forward is to drain the swamp completely of scum. Make agents and high profile athletes have an open, honest relationship. Any player whose jersey gets sold at the school store should get a royalty. Things along this line...

The stipends should be the same for all athletes no matter the gender and sport. Universities can't be two-faced and preach "equality" and yet have separate standards for big sports and little sports.

But I say the only way forward is to drain the swamp completely of scum. Make agents and high profile athletes have an open, honest relationship. Any player whose jersey gets sold at the school store should get a royalty. Things along this line...

Quoted for truth.

You're 100% right, Sir Titsrock.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue

I agree. I realize these student-athletes get a free education (well, at least some of them do :D) but why should others get rich from what they are achieving on the field for the school and they are allowed NOTHING. Stupid. Change the rule. And yes, the punishment meted out was too harsh IMO and I'm no OSU fan by any stretch.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Well, Mark May opened up his big goddamned mouth again and claimed that the NCAA favors the Big10 and PAC10 but penalizes the SEC. He oughtta quit sucking the SEC's cock and realize that Cam Newton got a fucking pass.

Well, Mark May opened up his big goddamned mouth again and claimed that the NCAA favors the Big10 and PAC10 but penalizes the SEC. He oughtta quit sucking the SEC's cock and realize that Cam Newton got a fucking pass.

Penalizes the SEC? WTF? Favors the Big 10 and PAC 10????? WTF,WTF!

Cam Newton got suspended for a a day............a Monday!

^
I think Mark May misspoke and has it backward. I'm sure he'll clarify his comments as tonight's game gets closer.

Everyone knows the NCAA, BCS, and ESPN are on their knees before the SEC. All other conferences are treated differently in everything.

In no way am I saying stupid crap like: “Everyone does it!” “It’s the NCAA picking on OSU!” “These players should be paid!”

They were greedy and selfish and embarrassed my university.

:rolleyes: Try to keep up. There has been no evidence to prove Cam broke any rules.

Yet. ;)

But according to NCAA bylaws, and from the fact we know now that Rev. Newton asked MSU for $180,000, Cam should have been ruled ineligible... No one can negotiate any compensation on a player's behalf, period. Then the Rev. lied about it, then said wati, he did... must have slipped his mind, like the reasons his son left UF. Tebow... expulsion... easy to mix up I suppose.

But stay tuned sports fans, Cam won't even be on the radar when the pay-for-play system AU has had in place for decades comes to light soon. It will make for another 30-for-30 documentary! One AU booster caught up in the FBI investigation that was funneling money to players has already pleaded guilty, and he will be the rat that turns on the others to save his hide from 20 years in federal prison.

Yet. ;)

But according to NCAA bylaws, and from the fact we know now that Rev. Newton asked MSU for $180,000, Cam should have been ruled ineligible... No one can negotiate any compensation on a player's behalf, period. Then the Rev. lied about it, then said wati, he did... must have slipped his mind, like the reasons his son left UF. Tebow... expulsion... easy to mix up I suppose.

But stay tuned sports fans, Cam won't even be on the radar when the pay-for-play system AU has had in place for decades comes to light soon. It will make for another 30-for-30 documentary! One AU booster caught up in the FBI investigation that was funneling money to players has already pleaded guilty, and he will be the rat that turns on the others to save his hide from 20 years in federal prison.

If you're going to argue a point, you should have enough common sense to know the facts, and you obviously don't know the facts, so I'm not going to waste my time with you.

If you're going to argue a point, you should have enough common sense to know the facts, and you obviously don't know the facts, so I'm not going to waste my time with you.

It's a free country, and you're free to believe what you wish. :dunno:

By the way, since you were so sure I don't know the "facts", the FACT is that even according to the SEC's bylaws, Cam was ineligible.

SEC Bylaw 14.01.3.2 states:

“If at any time before or after matriculation in a member institution a student-athlete OR any member of his/her family receives or AGREES TO RECEIVE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, any aid or assistance beyond or in addition to that permitted by the Bylaws of this Conference (except such aid or assistance as such student-athlete may receive from those persons on whom the student is naturally or legally dependent for support), such student- athlete shall be INELIGIBLE for competition in any intercollegiate sport within the Conference for the remainder of his/her college career.”

As to the rest, it doesn't matter what either of us believe... time will tell.

And if I was an OSU fan/alum, I'd be flaming pissed at having 5 starters suspended for selling personal items... I know they broke the rules, but that seems harsh.:2 cents:

It's a free country, and you're free to believe what you wish. :dunno:

True, but you just proved my point by stating, "you're free to believe what you wish". Just because you believe (wish) it, that doesn't make it true.

Also, just to prove my point, yes a trustee at Auburn is under investigation by the FBI, but it doesn't have anything to do with the university. Bobby Lowder is under investigation because he was owner of Colonial Bank and it failed due to how he provided information
to investors and government regulators.

Now, feel free to wipe the egg off you face for posting nonsense. :tongue:

By the way, since you were so sure I don't know the "facts", the FACT is that even according to the SEC's bylaws, Cam was ineligible.
EDIT: Why don't you just all the NCAA and ask them why they rule Cam as eligible.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
This Hillman kid for SDSU looks pretty good.

It isn't Bobby that just rolled over, FYI. His day is yet to come. There's no "egg" on my face, and I have a feeling that you and a lot of rabid AU people are going to be very dismayed in the near future...

And yes, many, many people around the nation are stunned at why this kid was allowed to keep playing football.

It isn't Bobby that just rolled over, FYI. His day is yet to come.

And yes, many, many people around the nation are stunned at why this kid was allowed to keep playing football.

Because, unlike the NCAA, you and those many people are not aware of all the facts.

FYI - I actually hope the FBI buries Lowder. He's been an embarrassment for years.

As for your statement that others have rolled over, you're just embarrassing yourself by posting bogus info that you wish was true. :1orglaugh

^
Do you have any proof to offer up the NCAA about Cam Newton and clear him? All your denials are nicely frothy, but you really have nothing but huff-n-puff...

Auburn was left out in the ~cold~ before regarding the NC and if they beat Oregon, they will be left out in the ~cold~ again, probably sometime during the summer when the NCAA "magically" comes forth with some "new" evidence and deems CN ineligible for the entire season. :facepalm:

How can the NCAA quiet the FBI? That's what's scary in all of this...:shocked:

^
Do you have any proof to offer up the NCAA about Cam Newton and clear him? All your denials are nicely frothy, but you really have nothing but huff-n-puff...

Auburn was left out in the ~cold~ before regarding the NC and if they beat Oregon, they will be left out in the ~cold~ again, probably sometime during the summer when the NCAA "magically" comes forth with some "new" evidence and deems CN ineligible for the entire season. :facepalm:

How can the NCAA quiet the FBI? That's what's scary in all of this...:shocked:

FACT - The NCAA cleared Cam to play.

As for being left out in the cold next year, it seems to be a lock that Cam will leave for the NFL, so unless they recruit another star QB and fill some holes on defense, they probably won't contend for a NC in 2011-2012.

As for the rest, I just get so irritated by people who show themselves to be so blatantly ignorant. If you don’t know the facts, you can’t form an educated opinion.

FACT

As for the rest, I just get so irritated by people who show themselves to be so blatantly ignorant. If you don’t know the facts, you can’t form an educated opinion.

Sorry bub, but calling everyone else "ignorant" when you yourself don't know the FACTS of what went on is quite frankly ignorant.

I'm happy to leave this conversation and wait until the FACTS do come to light, and they will.

Merry Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.