• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Talking NFL

What team do you consider the biggest sleeper in the NFC?

• 49ers

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Bucs

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Cardinals

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Lions

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Packers

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Panthers

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Rams

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this question was posed on nfl.com. I took the Rams and found out that somehow the 49ers is 40% of everbody's NFC sleepers. :eek:

what am I missing here...? :dunno:

I don't think I would consider the 49ers a sleeper team. To be a sleeper they have to be a team everybody thinks will do worse than they probably will do and a lot of people think the 49ers has a good chance to win their division.

A lot of people seem to pick the Cardinals every year and get burnt by them. Surprisingly if I had to pick the team with the potential to be a true sleeper team that outperforms everybody expectations on that list I would say Green Bay has the best chance.

I think Jacksonville has the best chance to improve upon their record from last year out of all teams in the league. They were better than they showed a year ago.

I don't think I would consider the 49ers a sleeper team. To be a sleeper they have to be a team everybody thinks will do worse than they probably will do and a lot of people think the 49ers has a good chance to win their division.

A lot of people seem to pick the Cardinals every year and get burnt by them. Surprisingly if I had to pick the team with the potential to be a true sleeper team that outperforms everybody expectations on that list I would say Green Bay has the best chance.

I think Jacksonville has the best chance to improve upon their record from last year out of all teams in the league. They were better than they showed a year ago.

I don't see 49ers close to the playoffs this year. They have players but they have to get through the Rams and the Seahawks. The Rams are such a sleeper pick for me that I give them a shot to make the NFC Championship...

that sounds farfetched but that's why they're my sleeper.

Green Bay is a true sleeper as well, because that North is unpredictable to me. I don't see the Bears dominating with the most unpredictable player in the NFL as their QB once again.

As for J'ville, I want Leftwich to continue to develop but their only chance for a wildcard this year is Dave Garrard.

How bout the Browns?

not for me... they don't even have a QB. Though I like Braylon Edwards.

as for the poll... it was for NFC teams only

Deeeze

Tig Ol' Bitty Expert
not for me... they don't even have a QB. Though I like Braylon Edwards.

as for the poll... it was for NFC teams only
Oh well in that case I gotta go with the Cardinals or the Niners.I would say the Lions because of their potential Offense but they don't have a defense to help them out

this question was posed on nfl.com. I took the Rams and found out that somehow the 49ers is 40% of everbody's NFC sleepers. :eek:

they are young,have a great core of offensive players,alex smith,frank gore,vernon davis and their defense (although they gave up 31 to chicago yesterday) is going to be the real deal.
i would say the rams are # 2 they have the offense to do it.

The Lions...hahahahaha.... the Lions. That's rich. The Lions

Oh yeah I went with the 'Niners

I voted for the Rams but, after last night, I might be encouraged to take the HOUSTON TEXANS.

http://houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3539

i didn't even read the story yet but I know you're going to talk about Jacoby Jones and Matt Schaub. Don't be fooled man... the Cowboys are not a good team *coach phillips* and the Texans front 4 is a joke :1orglaugh

plus I still root for the oilers/titans :tongue:

Oh well in that case I gotta go with the Cardinals or the Niners.I would say the Lions because of their potential Offense but they don't have a defense to help them out

so what's your standings in the West... i'm so anxious to here this.

I got:

1) Rams
2) Seahawks
3) 49ers
4) Cardinals

and noboby gets a wildcard

they are young,have a great core of offensive players,alex smith,frank gore,vernon davis and their defense (although they gave up 31 to chicago yesterday) is going to be the real deal.
i would say the rams are # 2 they have the offense to do it.

1st alex smith must step his play up or they'll be in the top 10 of the 2008 draft.

and their youth is the reason why ima sleep on them. NO division. NO wildcard. I put that on everything.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
i didn't even read the story yet but I know you're going to talk about Jacoby Jones and Matt Schaub. Don't be fooled man... the Cowboys are not a good team *coach phillips* and the Texans front 4 is a joke :1orglaugh

plus I still root for the oilers/titans :tongue:

The key phrase in this post is "plus I still root for the oilers/titans".

I beg to differ on both points you made:

1) I am not a Cowboys fan in the slightest, but if you think they are not a good team you are totally mistaken. They are one of the best, if not the best, teams in the NFC. Look me up in December and we'll compare notes then.

2) The Texans front 4 is not the greatest for sure, but I am seeing some real signs of significant improvement. Zgonina is really going to hep solidify this unit and Babin seems to be finally beginning to show why they drafted him in the first place. Okoye is going to be a terrific run-stopper as he showed last night .If you really did your homework, you'd know that the Texans' secondary is the weakest unit on the team, not the defensive line.

The key phrase in this post is "plus I still root for the oilers/titans".

I beg to differ on both points you made:

1) I am not a Cowboys fan in the slightest, but if you think they are not a good team you are totally mistaken. They are one of the best, if not the best, teams in the NFC. Look me up in December and we'll compare notes then.

2) The Texans front 4 is not the greatest for sure, but I am seeing some real signs of significant improvement. Zgonina is really going to hep solidify this unit and Babin seems to be finally beginning to show why they drafted him in the first place. Okoye is going to be a terrific run-stopper as he showed last night .If you really did your homework, you'd know that the Texans' secondary is the weakest unit on the team, not the defensive line.

the Texans defense is weak all around minus D. Ryans. Now I live in the heart of Houston, Tx and all we get is sorry ass Texans games every week, so I also know the book on the Texans.

Okoye has been a big surprise but as for the Cowboys... they will make the playoffs due to the minor league of football that is the NFC. But that doesn't make them a good team. They had a major setback when they let go of Coach Parcells but it was inevitable because of Jerry Jones.

Without Parcells, Romo won't focus as much because he thinks he's the shit now. The team won't be disciplined enough to stride through the playoffs. They won't get no further than they got last year. YEP One and Done.

excuse this post

Last edited:

so, i pose this question here i get the fuckin:

The Lions...hahahahaha.... the Lions. That's rich. The Lions

the 49ers maybe but the Lions *J. Kitna is still QB and who's the RB plz don't say t. bell or k. jones* are the sleepers, well ima sleep on :sleep: