• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '12/'13 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
both games last night (thursday) were fun games to watch. exciting back and forth action with great saves,hits and goals and not to mention a NYR loss in OT :nanner:
the late game was even better with Kings down 3-2 in final 1:43 and getting 5 on 3 pp for holding and then the stupidest NHL penalty the over the glass delay of game call! :facepalm:
the Kings scored 2 goals in that 1:43 for the win and a 2-0 series lead. after losing the 1st 2 games to the Blues the Kings have now won 6 in a row, i think that is peaking at the PERFECT time right?

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
both games last night (thursday) were fun games to watch. exciting back and forth action with great saves,hits and goals and not to mention a NYR loss in OT :nanner:
the late game was even better with Kings down 3-2 in final 1:43 and getting 5 on 3 pp for holding and then the stupidest NHL penalty the over the glass delay of game call! :facepalm:
the Kings scored 2 goals in that 1:43 for the win and a 2-0 series lead. after losing the 1st 2 games to the Blues the Kings have now won 6 in a row, i think that is peaking at the PERFECT time right?

I was thinking last night while watching the Kings game when they were up 2 - 0, that even though I couldn't salvage any happiness from game 1 of the Wings series, atleast I didn't have to sulk in total depression thus getting to see the rangers LOSE in OT :nanner: and the Kings beating the Sharks in game 1 and then looking like they were gonna win game 2 kind of easy at the time as well, but the sharks mounted an attack and had me worried the series would be knotted up, but low and behold, a couple of penalties is all a hungry team needs @ the end of the game to do what they have to do to win, you know as I think about it, I am really not that sour about the delay of game penalties.

I think if the play is in the defensive zone and it doesn't touch the glass it should be a penalty, granted a lot of people, like you don't like this rule, as you mentioned, but I remember C. Chelios was an expert @ exploiting that technique, he was one of the best @ doing it during his playing days, I am sure there were tons of guys that were excellent in executing that play, but I remember someone using C. Chelios as an example of how great he was taking advantage of there being very little consequence for such an easy way out of trouble, I mean think about it NO icing call ( nowadays having the tired players stay on the ice) not back then though, and NO penalty for easily getting your team out of trouble and that's that.

I kind of like a punishment for a guy just flipping the puck out of play, granted it goes against your own team sometimes and they pay the price, but I think its a penalty worth having in the game, otherwise guys would just shoot it out of play, the team would get a change of players and a faceoff in there zone, the only consequence of that would be having a faceoff in your own zone, well not anymore and I think its a worthy rule, that's just me though. :2 cents:

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I was thinking last night while watching the Kings game when they were up 2 - 0, that even though I couldn't salvage any happiness from game 1 of the Wings series, atleast I didn't have to sulk in total depression thus getting to see the rangers LOSE in OT :nanner: and the Kings beating the Sharks in game 1 and then looking like they were gonna win game 2 kind of easy at the time as well, but the sharks mounted an attack and had me worried the series would be knotted up, but low and behold, a couple of penalties is all a hungry team needs @ the end of the game to do what they have to do to win, you know as I think about it, I am really not that sour about the delay of game penalties.

I think if the play is in the defensive zone and it doesn't touch the glass it should be a penalty, granted a lot of people, like you don't like this rule, as you mentioned, but I remember C. Chelios was an expert @ exploiting that technique, he was one of the best @ doing it during his playing days, I am sure there were tons of guys that were excellent in executing that play, but I remember someone using C. Chelios as an example of how great he was taking advantage of there being very little consequence for such an easy way out of trouble, I mean think about it NO icing call ( nowadays having the tired players stay on the ice) not back then though, and NO penalty for easily getting your team out of trouble and that's that.

I kind of like a punishment for a guy just flipping the puck out of play, granted it goes against your own team sometimes and they pay the price, but I think its a penalty worth having in the game, otherwise guys would just shoot it out of play, the team would get a change of players and a faceoff in there zone, the only consequence of that would be having a faceoff in your own zone, well not anymore and I think its a worthy rule, that's just me though. :2 cents:

The rule has mixed ramifications. I don't like the fact that it has to go over the glass to be a call. In the Blues-Kings series, one of LA's d-men flipped the puck into the Blues bench area with no penalty. That same flip goes over the glass and it's 2 minutes. It also gets called lots of times when there is really no effect on play....like when a goalie is clearing the puck out of the zone and it accidentally goes over the glass. Happens all the time. If it is done intentionally in order to stop play, it should be called but otherwise I don't like it.

That said, the Sharks are toast IMO. You can't blow an opportunity to beat LA like that and expect to come back and win the series. They'd have to go 4-1 against the Kings the rest of the way and I just don't see that happening.

Quick question: any of the US hockey fans here also following the WC in Sweden and Finland?

And btw... Bruins going all the way!

It's hard to since the games aren't really publicized, even on the NHL Network. I did have my shit set for a 3AM game the other day against I believe Germany but I missed it.

We killed the Russians the other day 8-3 - the most goals we ever scored on them in any world or Olympic event ever.

It's quite clear now that the US has the best goaltending nucleus on the planet with Quick, Miller, Anderson, Scheider, Thomas, Gibson, Howard, et al.

Truly light years away from our core group of DiPietro, Esche and Grahame we had for the '06 Olympics.

Marlo Manson

The rule has mixed ramifications. I don't like the fact that it has to go over the glass to be a call. In the Blues-Kings series, one of LA's d-men flipped the puck into the Blues bench area with no penalty. That same flip goes over the glass and it's 2 minutes. It also gets called lots of times when there is really no effect on play....like when a goalie is clearing the puck out of the zone and it accidentally goes over the glass. Happens all the time. If it is done intentionally in order to stop play, it should be called but otherwise I don't like it.

That said, the Sharks are toast IMO. You can't blow an opportunity to beat LA like that and expect to come back and win the series. They'd have to go 4-1 against the Kings the rest of the way and I just don't see that happening.

Yeah I like that stipulation, I was writing on choppy sleep and I was trying to think of a way to have it, but not calling it when it really doesn't affect play, your interpretation would be the best way to keep the rule but also have it so it doesn't have a detrimental effect on the outcome of a game when it should only be called when there is "Intent" to halt play.

I tried to rep you cuz that's what I was trying to convey earlier but didn't have the cognisance to write it out while suffering from my sleep deprivation. :D

my problem with that penalty, and i play ice hockey (although my leagues do not recognize that penalty) if you are trying to dump the puck up the boards for a NEEDED line change and by some lucky chance it hops,hits the smallest bump bump in the ice,or you just under/over estimate your power,shot projectory that puck can go right up over the boards.
i did it last week just trying to get the right bounce off the boards to my right winger,i put just a little TOO much snap on the pass and it went up and over the glass easily. i understand the rule was made to give more penalties ...hence more power plays...hence more scoring coming out of the 04 lockout but i think it a horseshit penalty.

Marlo Manson

my problem with that penalty, and i play ice hockey (although my leagues do not recognize that penalty) if you are trying to dump the puck up the boards for a NEEDED line change and by some lucky chance it hops,hits the smallest bump bump in the ice,or you just under/over estimate your power,shot projectory that puck can go right up over the boards.
i did it last week just trying to get the right bounce off the boards to my right winger,i put just a little TOO much snap on the pass and it went up and over the glass easily. i understand the rule was made to give more penalties ...hence more power plays...hence more scoring coming out of the 04 lockout but i think it a horseshit penalty.

No I don't think the penalty was prompted to create more PP's, well not the sole intent, it was to make the defense of the team under pressure to show or use their talent to clear the zone, instead of just flipping it out of play to relieve the pressure so easily.

I completely understand your gripe and that is part of the challenge of hockey to use your talent to create the proper and necessary strength, speed, velocity etc.. to execute the desired play that was intended. I am sure having more offense was a factor, but I don't think it was to produce more PP's per say , instead trying to get players to exercise skill. :2 cents:

I watched the Boston Bruins play a few years ago. It was the most boring 2 hours of my life ever. This has nothing to do with the team, just the sport in general. What a heap of shit you guys follow.

Marlo Manson

I watched the Boston Bruins play a few years ago. It was the most boring 2 hours of my life ever. This has nothing to do with the team, just the sport in general. What a heap of shit you guys follow.

I outta NEGATIVE rep you for that sht!! lol... SOCCER, lacrosse or whateva the fuck else you blokes go fuckin nuts over.. now that's BORING AS FUCK and its a lot more than 2hours of BORING SHIT, more like a whole season worth of BORING SHIT!! that must be why you fuckin blokes get so loaded
all_coholic.gif
you have all those infamous riots in the stands. :facepalm:

Marlo Manson

Damn the Red Wings are in DEEP SHIT!! there gonna lose this fuckin series if they win any of the games @ home. :rolleyes: While I wasn't shocked that the Red Wings actually broke the Cursed fuckin streak against the Hawks in Chi-town to boot, but I am mildly surprised that they stole a game @ the madhouse.

I figured we'd have to win all our games @ home if that was even possible against the awesome Black Hawks team, then by miracle hope for a win in Chi-town if they had even a sliver of hope of winning anything in this series, thank gawd it's not gonna be a fuckin sweep, I don't think I would have heard the end of it until Kane, Toews, Sharp, Hossa, Crawford etc.. and the rest of the gang were grey haired veterans. I would have to :suicide: if that were the case. the jinx is finally over, I didn't think it would happen today though.

Jagger69

Classless post. Stay out of the thread if you don't like what we do here.

Damn the Red Wings are in DEEP SHIT!! there gonna lose this fuckin series if they win any of the games @ home. :rolleyes: While I wasn't shocked that the Red Wings actually broke the Cursed fuckin streak against the Hawks in Chi-town to boot, but I am mildly surprised that they stole a game @ the madhouse.

I figured we'd have to win all our games @ home if that was even possible against the awesome Black Hawks team, then by miracle hope for a win in Chi-town if they had even a sliver of hope of winning anything in this series, thank gawd it's not gonna be a fuckin sweep, I don't think I would have heard the end of it until Kane, Toews, Sharp, Hossa, Crawford etc.. and the rest of the gang were grey haired veterans. I would have to :suicide: if that were the case. the jinx is finally over, I didn't think it would happen today though.

Wow is all I can say. This win was incredibly huge for the Wings. I was amazed how they handled the Hawks today.

On the other hand....maybe this was the type of wake-up call the Hawks need because I think they have been on cruise-control lately. Game 3 will speak volumes about how this series will turn out. Wings fans have got to be stoked and the Joe will be rockin' for sure!!! :banger:

Marlo Manson

Classless post. Stay out of the thread if you don't like what we do here.

Wow is all I can say. This win was incredibly huge for the Wings. I was amazed how they handled the Hawks today.

On the other hand....maybe this was the type of wake-up call the Hawks need because I think they have been on cruise-control lately. Game 3 will speak volumes about how this series will turn out. Wings fans have got to be stoked and the Joe will be rockin' for sure!!! :banger:

Your right I almost NEG repped that Fuckhead for posting that shit!!!

I hope to hell, and I'm crossing my fingers, praying that the Wings can step on the Hawks throats and win both of these upcoming games @ the Madhouse on Jefferson (aka JLA) that would be nothing short of placing the Black Hawks in some serious fuckin trouble, of course I am not guaranteeing anything, I know my team and I know the Black Hawks got crazy talent, but if it happens, then I will be pretty fuckin stoked! :bowdown: Oh and thanks for that Rep. you know I gotta big mouth and I am not bashful about speaking my mind. :D

Remember the huge deal everyone made when the Wild won game 3 of the last round against Chicago? The sky was falling, wasn't it? But as I said then, they'll just make some adjustments (including waking the fuck up) and get back on track. Nobody with a brain actually thought it would be a 4-straight series.

Jagger69

Remember the huge deal everyone made when the Wild won game 3 of the last round against Chicago? The sky was falling, wasn't it? But as I said then, they'll just make some adjustments (including waking the fuck up) and get back on track. Nobody with a brain actually thought it would be a 4-straight series.

I agree but that was on the road and the Wild ain't the Wings (no offense, Scott). That said, I still believe the Hawks will win this series (and the Cup) but losing at home by the margin they did is huge. Wings (and their fans) have got to be sky-high right now. Game #3 will tell us a lot. You guys better be ready to play instead of coasting like you did today. You've got to be concerned....if not, you're kidding yourself.

Marlo Manson

Oh your right, I am just relieved the Wings losing streak against the Hawks is over, and I along with a lot of other knowledgeable fans did not expect the Wings to steal a game in Chi-town thus we would lose the series no matter how well we did in winning just 1,2 or all 3 of the games @ JLA in the event the Wings extended the series beyond guaranteed 4 games. I am just saying if we can win both games @ JLA, the Black Hawks are gonna be in trouble, but the trick in this pony, is if the wings both games 3 & 4 @ JLA..

I agree but that was on the road and the Wild ain't the Wings (no offense, Scott). That said, I still believe the Hawks will win this series (and the Cup) but losing at home by the margin they did is huge. Wings (and their fans) have got to be sky-high right now. Game #3 will tell us a lot. You guys better be ready to play instead of coasting like you did today. You've got to be concerned....if not, you're kidding yourself.

Well I can't say that, at all, I think the KINGS will beat the Hawks or the Wings in the WCF's and beat whoever comes out of the East, but, if any Chicago fan isn't worried that Detroit did to Chicago what they did to us in the 1st game is full of :baconsalt: and like I said, nobody, even the Red Wings fans were thinking the Wings would come back with the series tied, If the hawks split in Detroit, then I think the Hawks will be fine, but if they lose both in Detroit, that would be epic, if the Black Hawks win both games in Detroit then MC22 was correct and can toot his horn again, but anything less, it could get interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.