• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NFL '11 Season Thread

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
They drafted Colin Kaepernick

Yes they did but like Diva said you don't want to start a rookie, it takes some time for these guys to develop, unless they are a Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers they can't start right away!

Yes they did but like Diva said you don't want to start a rookie, it takes some time for these guys to develop, unless they are a Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers they can't start right away!

Rodgers sat on the bench for a few years while Favre threw INT's to everybody. Rodgers was in Alex Smiths draft class. Huge facepalm for the 9ers. Take the system QB out of Utah instead of the stud from around the corner at Cal. :facepalm:

In reality nearly all NFL teams spend pretty close to the cap limit every year anyhow. There really wasn't ever a problem with that. In the rare instances where they didn't they used the remaining cap space as a bonus to their cap space the next year to make moves if afforded them.

While I'm sure it's possible and probably has happened with teams I'm not as familiar with I think it would be a rare thing for an NFL team to not spend appropriately most of the time. Now making the right decisions with their money and whom to sign to a contract is another thing.

The salary cap for 2011 is projected to be anywhere from $117  million to $123 million.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
True Rodgers did sit a few years which helps but in game experience is very important and he didnt take too many snaps in that time and he was able to come in and contribute right away, thats not always easy!

True Rodgers did sit a few years which helps but in game experience is very important and he didnt take too many snaps in that time and he was able to come in and contribute right away, thats not always easy!

I think Rodgers really would be the better quarterback either way, but it's one of those things nobody can really know about. Rodgers was put in just about the absolute best possible situation to succeed. He got to learn on the bench under Farve (who while a little overrated and annoying as hell during the later part of his career is still a historically good quarterback.) for years. When he did come in he got put with a good team. He had a low enough draft position that the expectations weren't as great as other first round picks at the position. His team's management is a lot better, and he was set up with an offense more suited to his abilities. The Packers even had a better defense.

Alex Smith was pretty much put in one of the worst possible situations a new quarterback could be in. He came into a terrible team that stayed terrible while he was on it. For a stretch of years the 49 had what might be considered one of the historically bad stretches of performances in NFL history. He had I think five offensive coordinators in five years and the offensive system practically changed every year. The 49ers didn't even try to match up the teams plays to where his abilities were the best suited, like being in the shotgun most of the time, until years after he started. He had nobody to really learn from, and he was shoved into the starting position quickly. He had more expectations placed on him than Rodgers did.

It would be interesting to know what would have happened it Rodgers and Smith would have changed places and what they would have ended up like.

The Ravens are going to suprise some teams this year. We did good in the draft, and we got some FA to look at. right now the Steelers aren't going to be the same team this year, Right now Hined Ward could be in trouble by the league, James Harris is trashing talking his teammate, and the Steelers and Ravens are blasting each other on Twitter ever know the season have started.

I can't wait to see what free agency is like before the start of the season this year. To say it will be chaotic will probably be an understatement.

Look like my Ravens are making some moves now, and they just cut Todd Heap, Derrick Mason, Willis McGahee, and Kelly Gregg. those guy are over the cap and getting old. So it a good thing because we can reisgn some kept players and some big name FA. We have enough cap space. BTW those guys are getting old and it time for the younger player to step in

Hasselbeck's now with Tennessee, McNabb's with Minnesota, Tavaris Jackson is in Seattle. What do they all have in common? Not one will be starting for those teams 3 yrs from now.

Hasselbeck's now with Tennessee, McNabb's with Minnesota, Tavaris Jackson is in Seattle. What do they all have in common? Not one will be starting for those teams 3 yrs from now.

the only team with potential there is minnesota. Mcnabb will be out after prbly 3-4 seasons but he will do pretty nicely as long as sidney rice stays and perhaps they get a nother threat. but AP and a solid D is a really nice relief for him after the whole redskins fiasco.

Minnesota is set. They have a pedectly able qb to get them back in the playoffs and a veteran to mentor Ponder. What more can you ask for?

Queens pick up McNabb. Why didn't this dumb ass organization do this a year or two ago? Why not Vick? Stupid ass organization.

I wish Tarvaris Jackson the best in his endeavors in Seattle.

Look at that quarterback merry go round that is happening. :1orglaugh

Minnesota is set. They have a pedectly able qb to get them back in the playoffs and a veteran to mentor Ponder. What more can you ask for?

I wouldn't be so high on Minnesota's yet. Their defense is starting to decline, McNabb probably isn't what he used to be, and the division as a whole looks like it might be tougher than it has been in a long time with all the teams being reasonably good or better.

the only team with potential there is minnesota. Mcnabb will be out after prbly 3-4 seasons but he will do pretty nicely as long as sidney rice stays and perhaps they get a nother threat. but AP and a solid D is a really nice relief for him after the whole redskins fiasco.

Looks like Sidney Rice flew the coop. Hope they get him someone else besides Headache Harvin to throw to:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6...le-seahawks-agree-5-year-41m-deal-source-says