• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Are you tired of the BCS bowl games?

Are you tired of the BCS bowl games?

• Total voters
The BCS bowl games have become a joke. It's January 7th and we still have bowl games to be played. Anybody excited for the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl or the BBVA Compass Bowl? These are the bowl games that have yet to be played. The BCS bowl ratings for this year have been down and this just goes to show that people aren't that interested anymore. It is my belief that a playoff system needs to be implemented.

Lust

Lost at Birth
If it weren't for the fact that Stanford played late and my participating in bodi's bowl picks thread, I would have lost interest by now. It started out as fun but now its really dragging.......kinda like the Ms Freeones contest ;) :tongue:

Playoff now! no not the NCAA, playoff for the Ms Freeones contest!

I think naked mazola oil twister would be a perfect way to determine the winner.....no not Ms Freeones, the NCAA...jeesh...

People like to pretend they are some sacred football events and are about tradition when in reality they are just nothing more than a means to milk as much cash out of a situation as possible. As time goes on more people are starting to realize that.

Unraked UConn played in a BCS bowl this year simply because they won the Big East. Bogus.

I'm all about the NFL i only follow college for the huge games, rose bowl if its even worth watching and national championship defintely. But its not like these bowl games are in the way or being dragged out in my opinion but thats maybe because i dont really watch college football. I watch professionals.

No, I'm not really tired of them.
I wish there was a playoff system....but until there is.... :dunno:

There have been some good matchups, even in some of the lesser bowls.

I'd much rather watch a college game than the often-less-than-100%-motivated, mercenary, Prima Donna "pros".

Patrick_S

persona non grata
Since i have no idea what a "BCS bowl game" is and have never even heard the term before i would have to say no.

According to Wikipedia, there were 35 bowl games this year (2010-2011)! Too many!

The worst thing, if Wiki is correct (and sometimes they aren't), is that 32 of them were on ESPN! Only three were on Network TV(ABC, CBS, Fox)! Even the Rose Bowl was taken off ABC and moved to ESPN. This is absurd.

Create two super conferences (PAC-20 and BIG 20) with all the top teams and have them play for the conference championships and then hold a National Championship game on January 1 at the Rose Bowl.

A playoff system won't work unless college football is realigned into super conferences with all the major programs in the super conferences.

I'm tired of them cause there's just so many and it's too hard to keep track of them. Who gives a crap about the New mexico bowl or godaddy.com bowl, I say there should be 10 bowl games for the top 20 ranked teams and maybe like 2 or 3 games for unranked conference champs. 20 plays 19, 18 plays 17 and so on. None of these bullshit matches like Oklahoma state and Arizona or Nevada and Boston College.

I preferred the system from the '90s. Back then potentially 3 or more Bowls had title implications, which made the bowls more exciting and important. You can't tell me interest would not go up in the BCS Bowls if we had the old tie-ins which would make each potentially impactful on the national title and preserve old traditions (and geographic tie-ins) which would attract more interest and fans.

Oh Good Lord, yes. The NCAA is a joke, and the whole bowl system is evidence of exactly what is wrong with the organization. But I suppose there are people who enjoy watching Southeastern Washington State play the ITT Tech School of Drafting and Design in the K-Mart Blue Light Special Bowl. :dunno: