• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

World Cup 2006 thread

Who is going to win the World Cup 2006 in Germany?

• Brazil

Votes: 77 26.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • England

Votes: 39 13.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 49 16.6%
  • Italy

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Holland

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • USA

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • Portugal

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • South Korea

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (state country in your answer)

Votes: 40 13.6%

• Total voters
Think Italy will defeat Australia. Not a lot in it but just think Italy have that little bit extra in the squad.

Having looked at how the drw has panned out so far. With it looking like Spain winning there group with Ukraine in second. Think France will win there group with the Suisse in second. I am of the opinion that the Semi-Final line ups will be Holland Vs Brazil and Italy Vs Argentina. If Spain end up in the other half of the draw then they would have a good shot at getting to the Semi's and even the final.

darkman

Retired Moderator
I can't understand the journalists... 3 days ago they were crucifying the brazilian team and most of our players... today the news are:

Galacticos
They played as an orchestra
Ronaldo Gordo (fat) ??

All I want to tell is to respect our team !! We have great players and our history in the world of soccer says everything !! Maybe we win this tournament maybe not but I'm pretty sure we deserve respect from everyone!

After all, we have won 5 World Cups :glugglug:

darkman said:
I can't understand the journalists... 3 days ago they were crucifying the brazilian team and most of our players... today the news are:

Galacticos
They played as an orchestra
Ronaldo Gordo (fat) ??

All I want to tell is to respect our team !! We have great players and our history in the world of soccer says everything !! Maybe we win this tournament maybe not but I'm pretty sure we deserve respect from everyone!

After all, we have won 5 World Cups :glugglug:

That's journalists for you, always been like it, will always be like it.
There are FEW in Sports who actually know what the fuck they are talking about.

In the meanwhile Spain B is having a training match against Saudi Arabia.

Spain were poor against Saudi but to be honest they didn't have to be any better. The motivation was lacking and only certain players looked good. They still had a fairly easy 1-0 victory.

Ukraine were crap against Tunisia and won 1-0 against 10 man Tunisia. It was never a penalty and Tunisia should have went through.

Wow Fox, you are really good in preview the future results. I remember you talking to me before the our game against Australia that we gonna lose to them, didnt happen. IN fact your great Australia almost draw against Japan, just turn to victory when the Japan's players stamina was over, we didnt with our substitutes, just our attack was the official one and even playing our worst soccer we beat them, probably not the 4-0 result we expected, but still a beat. Now Ghana will beat us, in your opinion, or Spain, thats a joke. Im not disrespecting those teams, but your telling about the results its very bad.

Lets talk about Argentina. Argentina is the same we played 4 times this years and got a 3-0 and 4-0 in 2 of them.

A little info about Brazil, on the game against Japan Ronaldo (fat) tied with Müller as the high scorer in Cup history, and if Japan did a goal 21 minutes later we could break another one the 591 minutes in cup without taking goals. Other info, Brazil only got out in the cup before the semi-finals in 1990, in the quarters, against Argentina, who was the cup champion on that year. In fact, 1994, 1998 and 2002, we didn't got out there and we had worst teams than the actual, but as your know-how says even against all those stats and even having a better team we gonna lose to Ghanna or Spain and will get out again as 1990 when you just lose cause we played against the year's champion and against Maradona.

Most of world's soccer fans is whispering to be the final against Brazil and you are saying when Brazil will get out, well you're saying that since the 2nd game, didnt happen yet. Still saying that and maybe once or twice in your life you gonna score that. I dont know if Brazil gonna win this Cup, cause Brazilian soccer is corrupted, we won more than 35.71% of Cups, but lost all the Cups in Europe, always 3rds and 2nds places and some of them strange losses, like 98 aginst France. I dont know if Brazil will gonna sell themselves again in the final. But be in the final there's no doubt about that.

About my personal wish: I wish play against Portugal, my second nationality, in the semifinals and "nossos irmãos" Argentina in the final.

A tip to Ghana, just in the Bible Davi beat Golias, isnt everytime its hapen in the real life, isnt shame getting out against the best of the world. To Spain, maybe the spanish player could show to us that learned something after playing all this years with our players in their national soccer championship. I wish they play their best soccer or we gonna set fire on them.

Brazil! Brazil! Brazil! Brazil!

I'm having doubts about Spain. Today's game was nothing, the first half against was not so good. First match was great, 2nd half against Tunesia was okay. Now they almost always have a great match in a WC but never make it really far.

Portugal is a tough opponent for Holland. Somehow I have the feeling Holland will win this time (we have to set some things straight), although I don't know why.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
dave_rhino said:
England deserve to win. According to the German police, England have the best football fans in the world :thumbsup:

Believe me, I feel sorry for the England fans, for having to watch such dross from our national side.

Now England HAS to deliver, no ifs or buts....

Australias wasnt a hard oponnent, against Australia, the hard opennent of Brazil was Brazil himself. The team isnt play how should and how play! You see and saw Brazil playing in four to four years and sometimes in friendly games, we see it a lot of times. This team is a hunderd thousands times better. And 1990 was the only Cup I remember the brazilians are defeat by themsleves before the cup started. In 1990, everytime the team won a game we was wispering about "I dont know if he gonna win the next game". And 1994 before cup was a little hard time too, before we had Romario and Bebeto, we had a terrible team, just went for it on the last 3 months before cup started.

Brazil could lose to Ghana, Spain or Holland, but if they do it, they are losing to themselves and to CBF corruption. Like was against Croatia and Australia.

Against Japan we played we all the substitute with exception of attack. And on that game, Ronaldinho (Gaúcho) did more beautiful plays then I see in my entire life. I was search the video of best plays of the game but just show the goals and didnt show all the plays were made by Ronaldinho, who was the best player on field on that game. FIFA chose Ronaldo, as the better on play, dumb chose, he play badly one more time.

As I said before Australia, lets wait and see. Just the time to show that Im right again!

om3ga said:
Believe me, I feel sorry for the England fans, for having to watch such dross from our national side.

Now England HAS to deliver, no ifs or buts....

Prediction:

England will play poorly against Ecuador but still pass, then play good in the Quarter Finals and get everybody talking and then suck again and get knocked out.

My predictions, based on what I seen, not biased by the team's reputation ...

Germany
vs. Sweden:

Germany
....too powerful

Argentina vs. Mexico:

Argentina....tho I want Mexico to win badly

England vs. Ecuador:
Ecuador...maybe England will wake up, maybe not

Portugal vs. Holland:
Portugal...in a close one

Italy vs. Australia

Italy...Mind wants Italy, heart wants Australia

Switzerland vs. Ukraine

Switzerland....too good

Brazil vs. Ghana
Brazil ....fuck...why is this the matchup? I love Ghana's story....this will be the match of the cup....4-2 Brazil, but Ghana scores first...

Spain vs. France:
Spain ...they looked more ready

The Satyr Icon

My predictions:

Germany vs Sweden:
Germany will walk through it with 3-0 or 3-1.

Argentina vs Mexico:
Mexico will dominate first half but Argentina will still score on a counter attack, second half Mexico breaks down and Argentina will score 2 more.

England vs Ecuador:
England won't play good at all but will still manage to win 2-0.

Portugal vs Holland:
Will be a close one but Holland will take it thanks to an early goal.

Italy vs Australia:
Australia will give the italians fucking hell but will lose 2-1.

Switzerland vs Ukraine:
This si the hardest one to call... I've seen Switzerland play in real life and trust me, they're not that good, they lucked out to get an easy group and a weak France. Ukraine will take this.

Brazil vs Ghana:
Maybe if Ghana had Essien in this one and Brazil wouldn't have completely owned Japan and Zico then I'd say there could be some shocking surprise here but I don't think anyine disagrees that Brazil will take this.

Spain vs France:
France will play good and even better than Spain but won't be able to score and go to overtime to get kicked out right before the penalties.

P.S.

If you bet any money on these games based on my predictions and you lose, touch luck.

Did anyone actually watch Equador's last match? It didn't look like they bothered to turn up at all, yet peeps seem to rate their chances against England. This game should be a walkover for England. If it isn't I will be the first person on this board to critisize them.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!

Barry1980 said:
Did anyone actually watch Equador's last match? It didn't look like they bothered to turn up at all, yet peeps seem to rate their chances against England. This game should be a walkover for England. If it isn't I will be the first person on this board to critisize them.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!

Ecuador is probably the worst team to make it to the next round and they got to play one of the 3 most favorite teams to win the cup (before the torunament started, at least). I predict a win for England without having Robinson work too much but they still won't play good.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Barry1980 said:

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!

Ecuador rested a few of their players against Germany and while I want England to win, if they don't raise their game from what we've seen thus far, then they could face a nasty surprise.

[edit] crap - I posted my scores in the other World Cup thread:

http://board.freeones.com/showpost.php?p=804644&postcount=11

Last edited:
Poor game by Sweden. The only Swedish player that played well was Isaksson who saved so many shots from the 24 shots the Germans had.

Fantastic game by Klose and the 2 goals for Germany, although scored by Podolski, were set by him and he deserves the credit.

Germany still has some problems in the back and whoever they play next round, especially if Argentina, they will need to work on that because Crespo and Messi are not Ibrahimovic and Larsson.

Apart from Isaksson, Klose and Podolski, players that are worth mentioning are Lahm, Schwinesteiger, Ballack, Schneider, Frings and, sadly, Larsson for missing the penalty shot that might have put Sweden back in the game.