• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

World Cup 2006 thread

Who is going to win the World Cup 2006 in Germany?

• Brazil

Votes: 77 26.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • England

Votes: 39 13.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 49 16.6%
  • Italy

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Holland

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • USA

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • Portugal

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • South Korea

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (state country in your answer)

Votes: 40 13.6%

• Total voters
sonny forelli said:
sorry Calm and poggy1 other users for my comments had to many beers i don`t like causing trouble :(
i don`t want get kick off this site over football please forgive me :o

Funny how you neg rep me and call me a pussy and then you post this. Whatever.

jumbo_jim said:
I thought England were the better team in the first half. However as much as England controlled the half they created very little. When Sweden were dominating the second half every set piece looked like it would bring a goal.

The only English players to impress me were Hargreaves, J. Cole, Gerrard and Rooney.

I am gutted Sweden didn't win as I really wanted to see England play Germany and I am very confident that neither of them will make it to the final.

England like England, the first half was their best in the tournament and the second was their worst.

jumbo_jim said:
Just confirmed Owen is out for the tournament. Expected to be out for 5 months.

No suprise to me, I could have told you that when he went down. I looked exactly the same when I did my knee the first time. Hence why the post a bit further up saying that he's injured as I knew he wouldn't be playing again.

jiggs said:
I dunno if we're talkin' about the same England-Sweden game....you deserved to win? I don't think so. The swedish players hit the crossbar twice and Gerrard also saved you in one situation. I don't think you had the game under your control at any point. Sorry to say this as England was definitely one of my favourites. But if the way you play is shitty - too bad.
Hopefully, you get better from stage to stage, cuz I would love to see England play REALLY well.

I take it you are quoting me from my previous post, so I will respond accordingly.

There are not many teams in the world cup that can take having 2 of their best players injured (Owen and Ferdinand) and still manage to score 2 goals. England deserved to win the game because Sweden were not able to take advantage of England's weakened position and win the game. Like I said, England were on the back foot from the very start of the match (1minute in to be exact). If we were playing against a better team we would have lost, simple as that.

To sum up, if Sweden were as good as you are making out, they would have won hands down. Saying that I know England could have played better, but then again I couldn't have expected them to do any better than they did, considering the bad run of luck they had in that match.

IMO people are definately underestimating the effect that the injuries had on the players, it must have been horrible for them.

I think is kind of hard ARgentina beat us in a game, our team play a lot of them every year and they never win. Brazil could lose, but to another team not to Argentina. Argentina is the tradicional Brazil's enemy and they used to lose to us. But, after Brazil and Portugal, my countries, the next in list is Argentina, kind of brotherhood feeling.

Lets Go Portugal!
The sad thing is, if Portugal win the quarters will play against Brazil on smifinals :(

dave_rhino

Closed Account
i have foolish faith that Owen will be ok...

i mean, Rooney broke his foot and he played. Not sure why Sven took him off though... probably coz he is fucking swedish and didnt wanna be too hard on his home country.

Barry1980 said:
I take it you are quoting me from my previous post, so I will respond accordingly.

There are not many teams in the world cup that can take having 2 of their best players injured (Owen and Ferdinand) and still manage to score 2 goals. England deserved to win the game because Sweden were not able to take advantage of England's weakened position and win the game. Like I said, England were on the back foot from the very start of the match (1minute in to be exact). If we were playing against a better team we would have lost, simple as that.

To sum up, if Sweden were as good as you are making out, they would have won hands down. Saying that I know England could have played better, but then again I couldn't have expected them to do any better than they did, considering the bad run of luck they had in that match.

IMO people are definately underestimating the effect that the injuries had on the players, it must have been horrible for them.

You are forgettting that Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who is one of Sweden's best players was injured and missing from the whole game. Why would losing a defender prevent a team from scoring. Every team gets players injured, it is a fact of life, it happens. Deal with it get over it. The person who said Owen will be okay and play, he has been sent home and wont play again for about 5 months minimum. Bad luck fo England, Sweden hit the bar twice which is bad luck and had a good shout for a penalty turned down, yet more bad luck.

Rooney was subbed as he wasn't match fit. The game was meaningless, and he didn't want him to get injured again. Also the player he brought on scored, so to me that sounds like a good substitution. Owen and Rooney's injuries are different with different time scales for healing.

Way to go Portugal...2-1 over Mexico a perfect 3-0 so far :thumbsup: and Portugal put on its "B" team resting many regulars who had yellow cards...

I just watched 45 minutes of Argentina - Holland and then 45 minutes of Serbia - Ivory Coast and compared to the second game, Argentina vs Holland was a snooz-fest. Ivory Coast played SO GOOD, I'm so sorry they are going home since they deserve the spot in the next round more than Holland.
As much as I love Holland, the best orange team in this group is african.

jumbo_jim said:
You are forgettting that Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who is one of Sweden's best players was injured and missing from the whole game. Why would losing a defender prevent a team from scoring. Every team gets players injured, it is a fact of life, it happens. Deal with it get over it. The person who said Owen will be okay and play, he has been sent home and wont play again for about 5 months minimum. Bad luck fo England, Sweden hit the bar twice which is bad luck and had a good shout for a penalty turned down, yet more bad luck.

Rooney was subbed as he wasn't match fit. The game was meaningless, and he didn't want him to get injured again. Also the player he brought on scored, so to me that sounds like a good substitution. Owen and Rooney's injuries are different with different time scales for healing.

Ibrahimovic didn't play very well in the other two matches though and had a pretty bad season at Juventus this year. Not too many goals.

Holland-Argentina was an ok game. Both teams were playing with some substitute players, but I think players like Tevez and Messi aren't any worse then Argentina's first strikers, while Robben was certainly a miss for Holland. Kuyt is a great player but he certainly isn't a left winger.

At the start of the tournament the thoughts about Holland were that they would have a great offensive, but their defence would be weak. Looking back so far the defence is doing very goods. Compliments go to Bouhlarouz today.

dave_rhino said:
i have foolish faith that Owen will be ok...

i mean, Rooney broke his foot and he played. Not sure why Sven took him off though... probably coz he is fucking swedish and didnt wanna be too hard on his home country.

It said on the news that Owen is already back in England with a ligament problem that will keep him out of the team for 5 months. I think they took Rooney off because it was past his bedtime:D

K2! said:
Ibrahimovic didn't play very well in the other two matches though and had a pretty bad season at Juventus this year. Not too many goals.

Holland-Argentina was an ok game. Both teams were playing with some substitute players, but I think players like Tevez and Messi aren't any worse then Argentina's first strikers, while Robben was certainly a miss for Holland. Kuyt is a great player but he certainly isn't a left winger.

At the start of the tournament the thoughts about Holland were that they would have a great offensive, but their defence would be weak. Looking back so far the defence is doing very goods. Compliments go to Bouhlarouz today.

Zlatan had a horrible season at Juventus and the bad form seemed to have stayed on him in the national team, as well.

I think today's game was good for Argentina. After the 6-0 everybody were talking about how they are the best and that's alot of pressure but this 0-0 against a Holland with 5 key players sitting on the bench should help bring the pressure and expectations down a bit.

Calm said:
I just watched 45 minutes of Argentina - Holland and then 45 minutes of Serbia - Ivory Coast and compared to the second game, Argentina vs Holland was a snooz-fest. Ivory Coast played SO GOOD, I'm so sorry they are going home since they deserve the spot in the next round more than Holland.
As much as I love Holland, the best orange team in this group is african.

Yeah tough break for Ivory Coast. Too bad they weren't in a different group. They were fun to watch.

Holland - Argentina 0 - 0 .. it was a good match, without goals, but interesting with many great players watching it also, Marradona, Cruijf, Beckenbauer..

I am really looking forward to seeing how England go without Michael Owen up forward, especially because of Wayne Rooneys not so great form after his inury. They now have a very depleted attack and will rely heavily on Gerrard to score a bulk of their goals.

Also Australia plays Croatia on Sunday, what are your views

Irony said:
I am really looking forward to seeing how England go without Michael Owen up forward, especially because of Wayne Rooneys not so great form after his inury. They now have a very depleted attack and will rely heavily on Gerrard to score a bulk of their goals.

Think that is a bit harsh on Rooney. He has played about 90 mins of football since getting injured. Though the was okay against Sweden, you can't expect a player to return to top form straight away after a lengthy lay off.

Irony said:

First the Australia v Croatia match is today Irony. I think Australia have a very good chance if they play like they did against Brazil. They just need someone up front to spark a bit of goalscoring form.

Second England was always going to struggle scoring goals. Owen was just coming back from a very long lay off and wasn't match fit. Rooney also was coming into the world cup injured and now after match fitness. Crouch is never going to be a top class striker and always will struggle to score goals. Walcott as I keep saying isn't a striker, as anyone whos seen him for Southampton will tell you. A great talent at his age, but a winger really. The one man who would score goals got sent home before the start of the world cup. He was fully fit, nicely rested and always looks like he will score when he plays, Dafoe would have been the answer and Sven won't still admit he made a massive mistake sending him home.

All I can say is thank god for Gerrard:bowdown:

gogo Ghana, beat the USA ! :D
the match Italy-Czech will be hard, it's a very tie group nothing is done, USA still can qualify !! :eek:

I hope ghana & Czech rep. will go through the 8th :thumbsup:
It would be the first and only african team reaching this step this year.