• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

World Cup 2006 thread

Who is going to win the World Cup 2006 in Germany?

• Brazil

Votes: 77 26.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • England

Votes: 39 13.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 49 16.6%
  • Italy

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Holland

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • USA

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • Portugal

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • South Korea

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (state country in your answer)

Votes: 40 13.6%

• Total voters
Italy and Ghana through. USA and Czech's out.

If Tunisia beat Ukraine then Ghana won't be the only African team in th enext round.

Come on Aussie come on, come on. Come on Aussie come on!*sways hands above head*

i feel so dirty right now

Watching the coverage before the USA's first match....I was amped up but worried...the studio peeps were saying the following:

Best USA team ever, ranked 5th in the World...
Best Goal Keeper, Keller, probably in the game...
One of the best coaches in the game, Arenas...
that the team is dynamic, offensive team...

Now, after the third game...its the total opposite
The team looked like the 32nd team in the tournament
Keller was scored on in every game
Arenas' job is now in question with bad decisions
1 goal in 3 games

More than anything, this was a reality check for the USA. They are not horrible, just have to play the game and talk about results, rather than predictions.

The Satyr Icon

TheSatyrIcon said:
Watching the coverage before the USA's first match....I was amped up but worried...the studio peeps were saying the following:

Best USA team ever, ranked 5th in the World...
Best Goal Keeper, Keller, probably in the game...
One of the best coaches in the game, Arenas...
that the team is dynamic, offensive team...

Now, after the third game...its the total opposite
The team looked like the 32nd team in the tournament
Keller was scored on in every game
Arenas' job is now in question with bad decisions
1 goal in 3 games

More than anything, this was a reality check for the USA. They are not horrible, just have to play the game and talk about results, rather than predictions.

The Satyr Icon

I think the media hype was a bit much here, but I don't think they looked like the 32nd team in the tournament. That might be going a bit to far. They were just in a hard group. Hell, even the Czech's are going home now.

Plus Keller was great in the Italy game. The defense was really kinda shotty around him. They just coughed up the ball to the Ghana player on that first goal. I can't believe how stupid that play was. Just a terrible mistake.

I'm like uber sad since 2 of my 3 favorite teams are eliminated (Czech Republic and Ivory Coast) leaving only Italy.

Brazil FINALLY put on a good game and won 4-1 over Japan. Thing is, the best players were SUBTITUTES.
there was a joke in the newspaper Zico called Parreira and asked him to go easy on Japan so Parreira asked him "like do what? use my subtitues?" and Zico answeres "NO! ANYTHING BUT THAT!"

At any rate, Hiddink and Australia will play Italy in the next round, I hope he won't beat them like last time.

Brasil woke up against Japan, winning 4-1!
Yes, Ronaldo doesn't run to the ball, but when the ball finds him, he can drill it...2 goals and so many on goal shots!
But Japan! Such vigor and spirit in the first half!
I just wish Ghana didn't have to play Brazil...but after watching Japan....maybe Ghana might have some confidence!

And such a crazy crazy end to the Australia - Croatia match, 2 - 2!
Yellows and Reds flying!
Still, The Thug Life Socceroos bully thru to the next round against Italy...

The Satyr Icon

Brazil! :)

Finnally a good game, if we played with the official team probably would make better, but it showed how Ronaldinho Gaucho is the Brazil team. When he played wornderfully the Brazil play too, when he leave the field the team lose the rythm. Every goals and chances to was created by him.

Ronaldo just did his job, nothing more, still a fat and non pro player! But the others ... :)

The English Ref lost it in the last five minutes of the Australia game tonight and gave the same Croatian player 3 yellow cards:1orglaugh

Australia made it. Yeah!
I hope they will make it also against Italy!
Go on Socceroos!:glugglug:

Guss Hiddink has done it again. Although why the h*ll did he chose for Kalac in this match? What big mistakes did Schwarzer made? I expect Schwarzer back in the goal against Italy.

Kalac didn't look too good at the first goal, was terrible at the second goal, and overall wasn't a stable factor.

Oh, and what a terrible ref. He didn't seem to like Viduka and he introduced a new rule (3 times yellow = red)

Well done to the Ozzies...and Ghana.

so the actual known 8th of finals are :

Germany - Sweden

Argentina - Mexico

Italy - Australia

England - Equator

Portugal - Netherland

Brazil - Ghana :thumbsup:

I can't wait tomorrow to know if France will do it, let's pray :bowdown:
I also wish good luck to Tunisia against ukrain ;)

Congrats to Australia and Ghana, well done! :thumbsup:
I will be on EMS duty and watching the game with colleagues from the fire department on saturday when Germany plays against Sweden, hope everything stays quiet...

:hatsoff: Jackson

K2! said:
Guss Hiddink has done it again. Although why the h*ll did he chose for Kalac in this match? What big mistakes did Schwarzer made? I expect Schwarzer back in the goal against Italy.

Kalac didn't look too good at the first goal, was terrible at the second goal, and overall wasn't a stable factor.

Oh, and what a terrible ref. He didn't seem to like Viduka and he introduced a new rule (3 times yellow = red)

apparantly the goalkeeper issue was all about 'height', go figure:thumbsup: