• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

World Cup 2006 thread

Who is going to win the World Cup 2006 in Germany?

• Brazil

Votes: 77 26.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • England

Votes: 39 13.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 49 16.6%
  • Italy

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Holland

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • USA

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • Portugal

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • South Korea

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (state country in your answer)

Votes: 40 13.6%

• Total voters
What a game!
Both England and Sweden played not to lose, but their energy was awesome....lategoals rock...
what is the extent of Owen's injury?

The Satyr Icon

I'm so dissapointed. England definately deserved to win that game. They were on the back foot from the start of the game. We had two injuries (there's no justice in this world), I just hope that Owen isn't too bad because starting with Rooney for the first time in the tournament was meant to be his big chance to bag himself a goal.

If Owen is screwed for the rest of the tournament we are going to have major striker problems.

I feel like it's the end of the world.......I will go now and kill myself, goodbye freeones, it was fun while it lasted. :wave: :weeping: :throwup: :violent:

Calm said:
well England looked BAD. Who woulda figured an English team would have problems with high balls... who'da thunk it?
Except J. Cole and Gerrard all of England's players were bad, lucky for them they don't have to face Geermany and they get Ecuador because Klose would have had a party in their 16 yards box.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ON MATE ? :rolleyes:
GERMANY ARE SHITE WE DON`T FEAR THEM
ENGLANG PLAYERS WERE BAD ? YOU HAVN`T A FUCKNG CLUE WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT :thefinger

EMGLAND ENGLAND ENGLND

TheSatyrIcon said:
what is the extent of Owen's injury?

The FA have said that Owen has a twisted knee and he will undergo a scan tomorrow to determine the full extent of the injury.

I believe it is much worse than that. If you look at the fall he took in slow motion you see his knee 'pop'. More likely it's ligament or cartlidge damage.

I dunno if we're talkin' about the same England-Sweden game....you deserved to win? I don't think so. The swedish players hit the crossbar twice and Gerrard also saved you in one situation. I don't think you had the game under your control at any point. Sorry to say this as England was definitely one of my favourites. But if the way you play is shitty - too bad.
Hopefully, you get better from stage to stage, cuz I would love to see England play REALLY well.

sonny forelli said:
ENGLANG PLAYERS WERE BAD ? YOU HAVN`T A FUCKNG CLUE WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT :thefinger

EMGLAND ENGLAND ENGLND

I think every objective observer will agree that Germany have impressed more than England, even though they both got an extremly easy group.
The difference between us is you watch England play and I watch teams play.

Syncmaster said:
The FA have said that Owen has a twisted knee and he will undergo a scan tomorrow to determine the full extent of the injury.

I believe it is much worse than that. If you look at the fall he took in slow motion you see his knee 'pop'. More likely it's ligament or cartlidge damage.

I heard on tv that he maybe out for 6-8 months...too bad

jiggs said:
I dunno if we're talkin' about the same England-Sweden game....you deserved to win? I don't think so. The swedish players hit the crossbar twice and Gerrard also saved you in one situation. I don't think you had the game under your control at any point. Sorry to say this as England was definitely one of my favourites. But if the way you play is shitty - too bad.
Hopefully, you get better from stage to stage, cuz I would love to see England play REALLY well.

agree. England had a couple of chances to score but the game were definatly swedens. atleast in the second half , except for the goal england didnt have anything that could be threatening to isaksson

Calm said:
I think every objective observer will agree that Germany have impressed more than England, even though they both got an extremly easy group.
The difference between us is you watch England play and I watch teams play.

BOLLOCKS:thefinger ENGLAND ARE MILES BETTER THAN THE GERMANS THEY PLAYED SHITE TEAMS I THINK THE GERMAN ARE OVERATED
THE KRAUTS WON`T WIN THE WORLD CUP
SORRY IF YOU DON`T LIKE WHAT I HAVE SAY :(

ONE QUESTION TO NON-ENGLISH PEOPLE WHY DO YOU HATE US SO MUCH WHY :confused:

sonny forelli said:

EMGLAND ENGLAND ENGLND

Your a fucking idiot and I'm an English fan.

Germany's performances have been much better than ours. They at least have some positive intent.

Ash Cole, Carragher, Lampard were shocking tonight. Hargreaves completely outclassed Lampard and should keep his place when Gerrard returns. Beckham needs to improve as apart from dead balls he is offering nothing and the centre backs arguably our two best players before tonight where poor tonight, especially Terry.

Just think our attack is now an unfit Rooney, Crouch and Walcott! :(

Last edited:
sonny forelli said:
ONE QUESTION TO NON-ENGLISH PEOPLE WHY DO YOU HATE US SO MUCH WHY :confused:

First off Sonny, please stop shouting (in other words take the caps lock off).
Second I do feel embarassed that your English, the disrespect your showing to Calm and the language.
I also think you need to look at England so far in the World Cup, we have been poor at best. If it wasn't for Gerrard and Joe Cole, we would be out by now. But I don't blame the players, I still blame the man I've been blaming for 5 years. Sven just hasn't got a clue on how to use the players he's got at his disposal. He picks players for the form and way they play for there clubs. But when they go play for Sven, he plays them out of postion or gives them too many instructions.

I'm still very happy with the team I've backed to get a top 3 postion, in fact they are most likely the second best I've seen, Spain.

Agreed Poggy; we all know England has the potential to win the cup but, just like Brazil, for some reason it's not happening.
I think England should try next game to play with 5 midfielders, if Hargreaves is playing in the middle behind Lampard and Gerrard they can focus on attacking and not worry about coming back to cover the holes they left; question is, do you take out the not-so-in-form Rooney or Crouch, who is the only English striker who scored so far.

sorry Calm and poggy1 other users for my comments had to many beers i don`t like causing trouble :(
i don`t want get kick off this site over football please forgive me :o

I hope Portugal-Mexico and especially Netherlands-Argentina tonight will be both great matches :thumbsup:

Calm said:
Agreed Poggy; we all know England has the potential to win the cup but, just like Brazil, for some reason it's not happening.
I think England should try next game to play with 5 midfielders, if Hargreaves is playing in the middle behind Lampard and Gerrard they can focus on attacking and not worry about coming back to cover the holes they left; question is, do you take out the not-so-in-form Rooney or Crouch, who is the only English striker who scored so far.

Theres just one problem with a England 5 man midfield, we have no striker who can play up front with it. The only one who could was carried off on a stretcher last night. Both Rooney and Crouch drop back into the hole or midfield too much to play it. Thats why we had problems when Crouch played up front by himself in the second half against Paraguay.

As for Hargreaves in the anchor role, no thanks, he's not good enough and I'm not a England fan who's not seen him play. I've seen a bit of him and he's just not good enough for me. Carrick on the other hand would be perfect, plus he knows Lampard well from their West Ham days. He's a better tackler and passer than Hargreaves, but Sven won't use him, like Walcott he seems to have just took him to make up the numbers.

On another note, the Owen injury just shows how bad a coach/manager Sven is. First he took only 3 strikers, as Walcott isn't a striker, but a winger. Plus out of the 3 of them 1 was coming back from a very long injury and is now injured again. Another was a doubt which turns out was nothing like the injury they made out it was. Rooney had broken the soft under bone in his foot and not the double break Man Utd lead eveyone to believe. So his return isn't the amazing feat we was left to believe. Personally I'd have took Dafoe as forth striker and not midfielder Jenas, another who won't see the pitch.

Last edited:
I thought England were the better team in the first half. However as much as England controlled the half they created very little. When Sweden were dominating the second half every set piece looked like it would bring a goal.

The only English players to impress me were Hargreaves, J. Cole, Gerrard and Rooney.

I am gutted Sweden didn't win as I really wanted to see England play Germany and I am very confident that neither of them will make it to the final.