• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

World Cup 2006 thread

Who is going to win the World Cup 2006 in Germany?

• Brazil

Votes: 77 26.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • England

Votes: 39 13.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 49 16.6%
  • Italy

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Holland

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • USA

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • Portugal

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • South Korea

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (state country in your answer)

Votes: 40 13.6%

• Total voters
French team sucked hard in the second half-time yesterday :mad:
We were great in the first 45min and should have scored 2 goals instead of 1..
but french team is too old and can't keep the same rythm through 90min :(
rhaaaa I'm soooooo bored !!! %#££$¤% Domenech :mad:

but the tie between Italy & USA saturday was good news to me, I always happy to see Italy not winning, and this match was a red card festival ! :D

murten said:
I didnt like the game, whats with Brazil I expected allot of them, they didnt played a good game, and Australia deserved a draw, only in the last 20 minutes of the game brazil had allot of space, and thats because of the substitution form Hiddink, who removed a defender and brought in another striker.
Kewel should have scored from the mistake from Dida btw.
Good game Aussies,but agreed-Kewel had a couple of chances at goal,and had he got them things could have been different.Bring on Croatia!!

********** said:
Italy is the Azzuri in Italian.
France is Les Bleus.
You're right about Brasil.

Again, Brasil gets a good win against a great team, and again, the world is criticizing them left right and centre. What happened to the days when 1-0 and 2-0 were decent scorelines? I thought Brazil were alright, better than the first time.

France were alright too, but they sat on their lead too much... I was proud of the Koreans who deserved it...

But can SOMEONE PLEASE just SHOOT BARTHEZ so that Coupet can RECLAIM HIS RIGHTFUL POSITION... I've been praying for a huge error, now Coupet MUST PLAY, Domenech must stop blaming the referee and lay blame where it's due: that shot may have been going over, Barthez may have tipped it IN.

COUPET DESERVES A WORLD CUP AND THIS IS HIS LAST CHANCE! He has won 5 straight leagues and rarely made mistakes for Lyon and kept clean sheets in qualifying. He is perhaps the world's 3rd best goalie. Please, Domenech, give Coupet what he deserves.

Three more great games today... or will it be two? Come on Spain, come on Ukraine!!!!!!!!

Brazil are being critisized because they promised SO much and EVERYONE was talking about how they are gonna walk through this group, walk through the playoffs and win another cup without a drop of sweat.
I think what adds more to it is the fact that Fred, the sub, scored and not one of the big names in the starting 11.

I completely agree on Barthez and Coupet. Domenech said he's rather have Barthez because of his experience; oh, you mean getting to the quarter final 3 years in a row in the second most important tournament in the world is not enough experience?
Well, if Domenech wasn't such a bad coach he'd not only let Coupet in but managed to make the team work; France has the potential of winning this cup.

Way to go Ukraine, bounce off that 4-0 lost to Spain to a, you guessed it, 4-0 win over Saudi Arabia!

Seems like Saudi Arabia isn't getting over that 8-0 in 2002.

20 more minutes until Spain play Tunisia. Will Spain own another team or was their victory over Ukraine a one time fluke?

Tunisia played with spirit but it wasn't enuff against Spain. I was, and have been pulling for the underdog in the matches and was hoping that Tunisia would pull off the shocking win or moderately shocking tie...however, Spain looked very good!

With one game remaining in the first round....what team deserves to be in the next round but won't qualify, and vice versa, what team is in but didn't look good doing it?

The Satyr Icon

Spain looked good, they practically sat on Tunisia's 16 box but couldn't find the finishing touch.

great subtitutions (Fabregas, Raul and Juaquin) led to the dramatic come-back.

bad news for Tunisia, we could have seen an interesting match between Domenech and Lemerre :tongue:
French team still have a good Chance to reach the 8th finals, let's pray... :angels:

9inch said:
bad news for Tunisia, we could have seen an interesting match between Domenech and Lemerre :tongue:
French team still have a good chance to reach the 8th finals, let's pray... :angels:

if Switzerland and Korea draw you're out, even if you win Kazillion-0, tough one; not only you have to win (which France can't do anyway), you have to rely on other teams.

Calm said:
if Switzerland and Korea draw you're out, even if you win Kazillion-0, tough one; not only you have to win (which France can't do anyway), you have to rely on other teams.
if switzerland & Korea draw, henry & co have to win by at least 2-0 to reach and beat Korea goal average, not an impossible mission against a team like the Togo, actualy disturbed by boycott/wages issues...
if switz-togo make a 0-0, a 2-1 is even enough for france ;)

I hope to see a France-Ukrain or a France-Spain to see what zidane can do against a heavy team and the loose would be less ashamed :D

England play Sweden tonight at 8pm BST. I would be interested to know what people think the starting line up will be. Personally I think that Rooney will start with Owen (pretty much a given), Crouch will be left on the bench. I think Gerrard will not start because of his yellow card, there is also a possibility that Lampard will be left out for the same reason. If they moved Beckham into a central midfield possition, they would be able to start with Lennon on the right. I was impressed with him in our last match, he did a lot of work down the right hand side and was too quick for the defenders to catch.

Predicted score line - England 2 Sweden 0.

COME ON ENGLAAAANNNNNNNDDDDD

Hargreaves is starting for England tonight. Think Walcott should be given a run out, because if not given a shot in a game which doesn't mean a lot then how can you trust him when the stakes have gone up in later rounds.

I think Sweden will win as they have to where as England are already through. Hope England and Trinidad both win by a couple of goals, therefore allowing Trinidad to qualify.

Crouch and Gerrard are out for today, Rooney is in.
Silly Sven! Take out Owen and Lampard, not Crouch and Lampard.
Sigh, when will you learn... when will you learn?

Good game by the Germans just now.
Podolski finally broke the ice and scored a goal with a great assist by Schneider.
Klose scored twice and is now the top scorer with 4 goals, followed by F. Torres with 3.
Other players who excelled are Schwinesteiger, Ballack and Lahm.

I can't decide which goal was the best but I'd probably have to say the second one by Klose, the chip in by Ballack and the way Klose gained control over the ball between a defender and the goalkeeper until he was clear to goal...

Nonetheless, the German defense has some holes in it and it seems like their weak spot, lucky for them they got an extremly easy group (if you compare to Italy or Argentina, this group is a walk in the park) so they only conceided a couple of goals from Costa Rica but if this keeps up Lehmann's net is gonna shake a lot of times in the later stages.

Here's a hypothetical question for you, if Ecuador would have beat Germany today, do you think Sweden and/or England would take a dive tonight to avoid playing them in the next round?

At the same time, Poland beat Costa Rica 2-1 with 2 goals from Bosacki.
Poland is disappointed since they were the favorite to qualify to the next round from the second spot.

Last edited:
gogo trinidad & tobago and gogo england ;)
that's not so often that I want to see the UK winning :D

edit : damn Paraguay already scored, Sancho csc :eek: :(

England leading 1-0 at half time over Sweden.
So far Beckham and Crouch are nowhere to be found on the field but a good performance by Ashley Cole, Rooney and... ummm... am I forgetting someone?
Oh yeah, the man of the match so far, Joe Cole. WHAT A GOAL!

J. Cole's goal reminds me of the goal Ballack scored in the Champions League in the first game vs Milan (before they got owned in San Siro).

In the meanwhile Paraguay is leading 1-0 so unless Trinidad can somehow score 3 goals in the second half, Sweden's place in the next round is safe and sound; their spot against Germany, how comforting.

Paraguay is actually playing pretty good, their game has more events than England's game, maybe it's worth watching.

Frank Lampard is crap at the moment..

Someone find me a banjo and a cow...I want to see if Frankie-boy could hit it's arse with the banjo.

well England looked BAD. Who woulda figured an English team would have problems with high balls... who'da thunk it?
Except J. Cole and Gerrard all of England's players were bad, lucky for them they don't have to face Geermany and they get Ecuador because Klose would have had a party in their 16 yards box.

Why were the Swedes constantly allowed to get away with taking corners with the ball outside the corner box!? It was only their final corner that the assistant actually spotted it, and got them to replace it.

Robinson has been shit so far, looks totally unconvincing and would have conceded more if it wasn't for goal line clearances. Looks more like James wearing a Robinson mask :mad: