• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

World Cup 2006 thread

Who is going to win the World Cup 2006 in Germany?

• Brazil

Votes: 77 26.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • England

Votes: 39 13.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 49 16.6%
  • Italy

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Holland

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • USA

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • Portugal

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • South Korea

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (state country in your answer)

Votes: 40 13.6%

• Total voters
I have something to say about the standard of refering in this world cup.
Not only in this USA & Italy but the refering in Netherland- Ivory Coast, Ghana - Czech was atrocious, if it is said mildly.
Score card for Netherland - Ivory should read like:
Netherlan 1 + Refery 1 vs Ivory 1 less Refery 4

There should be red/yellow card system for the refs too. IMO
dd

Only 7 hours till the Australia Vs Brazil game, the whole of Australia will be staying up to watch this gam, even though its at 2am.

So I've been away for a bit, but I'm back, and I have to mention last night's game (USA/Italy). It was, without a doubt, the most unsportsmanlike game I've seen in a long long time. I watched the game with an American friend of mine, who even felt disgust at his own team's recklessness and what was best described as a vendetta against the Italians. And as for Italy - it's well documented and stereotyped about their underhanded tricks (ie. diving), but they really just got nasty. A poor game, and a shame, as it could have been one that could have been excellent. Anyway, enough... Japan Vs Croatia is about to start, and I reckon this will be one of the best games in the tournament...
On an unrelated note, do forum-mers in the UK not just think that that Bud adverts on ITV are the greatest thing ever?

0 - 0 between Japan/Croatia...
Technical skills on display but both teams suffered from the heat!

The Satyr Icon

Japan vs Croatia, not a very good game to watch, the changes of Japan going to the 2nd round are really low right now.

Brazil vs Australia is about to begin, GO GUUS.

Just finished watching the Australia Vs Brazil game, was very happy with Australia's performance to hold the world champions scoreless for the first half and then to only concede the second goal very late with a lucky deflection.
Brazil 2
Defeated
Australia 0

Australia now must draw or beat Croatia to go through to the round of 16.

Is sad how Parrera is doing shit! Again Ronaldo is a deception on the game. Probably next game he might change his mind. On 30 minutes on second half Robinho entered and the team change completely their game.

Nice score! Terrible game again!

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Brazil still looked a little shaky again and the Aussies can hold their heads high....heck they can still qualify for the next round....:thumbsup:

I didnt like the game, whats with Brazil I expected allot of them, they didnt played a good game, and Australia deserved a draw, only in the last 20 minutes of the game brazil had allot of space, and thats because of the substitution form Hiddink, who removed a defender and brought in another striker.
Kewel should have scored from the mistake from Dida btw.

Ronaldo confuses Me; he has amazing skill, yet seems content to pick his spot rather than going to the game...

Australia
has nothing to feel bad about...I like their style of game...

The Satyr Icon

what happened in the Brazil game?
I was at work and the bastards didnt let us watch it...they only let us watch the England games and they were both shite

Brazil all the way. i was impressed with how the Aussie's went against them. a very pleasing and exciting performance. they were 0 all until something like the 49th minute which was awesome, even though we went down 2-0, with us being World Cup rookie's, thats a damn heaps good outcome. people were speculating a +4-0 or +4-1 outcome. we just have to get a win in the next game or possibly even a draw and we'll be in the next round. so fingers crossed.

om3ga

I thought Australia deserved at least a draw from that match. Brazil wasn't special - by their own standards, they looked pedestrian...I hope by the next round, they'll step up a gear or two.

PS: Ronaldo still looks as if he's had one too many Big Macs.....reminds me of the following:

:D

Last edited:

om3ga

TheSatyrIcon said:
Could someone post the official or unofficial nicknames for each country's national teams? I just heard that the South Koreans are called the Red Devils, and thats pretty cool...

The Satyr Icon

Try these (don't know how reliable they are, though):
http://worldcup.blogs.nytimes.com/?p=147
http://www.worldcupblog.org/world-cup-2006/world-cup-team-nicknames.html

However "Soca Warriors" is pronounced SO-CA Warriors and not "Soccer" Warriors.........

PS: France 1 - 1 South Korea

Last edited:
Thanks bigredguy and om3ga!
:thumbsup:

What a game by South Korea! and What a meh game by France! Poor Zidane...not the way you want your World Cup career to end on a yellow card, which is by now what this Cup will be remembered for: The Yellow Card Cup...:(

The Satyr Icon