• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

World Cup 2006 thread

Who is going to win the World Cup 2006 in Germany?

• Brazil

Votes: 77 26.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • England

Votes: 39 13.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 49 16.6%
  • Italy

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Holland

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • USA

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • Portugal

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • South Korea

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (state country in your answer)

Votes: 40 13.6%

• Total voters
I am now officially a fan of Ghana...they could have nailed that penalty kick, and got in ...what....10 more goals? It seemed like it with the way they were taking shots on goal against Czech Republic...

:thumbsup: Ghana!

15 minutes until the USA - Italy game....now...after the Ghana result...thing still look bleak for the States as Ghana handled the team that humilated the States, but needed maximum effort against Italy and lost 2 - Zip. I will be surprised if the USA gets out of this game tied...THAT type of result could be the shock of the Cup!

The Satyr Icon

I loved the Ghana - Czech Republic match, what a great show by the Africans! And major respect to Petr Cech, the czech goalkeeper!

:hatsoff: Jackson

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Latest:

Italy 1-1 USA

Daniele De Rossi (Italy) sent off for throwing an elbow at Brian McBride (USA).

that De Rossi elbow attack on McBride was disgusting.
he should be ashamed of himself... he just flung his elbow at him with no remorse.

beside that, this has been a good game

Looking at the poll and the way things are going i think alot of people (including myself) are gonna be wrong...it looks like Argentina could win the cup

om3ga

:eek:

Now Mastroeni (USA) has been sent off for a challenge on Andrea Pirlo (Italy) - both teams reduced to 10 players each!!!

Thought the ref was a tad harsh, though....

Last edited:
pussypoppa said:
Looking at the poll and the way things are going i think alot of people (including myself) are gonna be wrong...it looks like Argentina could win the cup
agreed, i think Argentina and Spain have been the most impressive so far.

another sending off in the Italy/USA game, this time it's USA's Mastroeni.
a little harsh that one i think, should have been a yellow in my opinion.

anyway, that game is 1-1 at half time.

pussypoppa said:

It's too soon to say, but yeah, they look solid.

Don't pay attention to the poll, people always think that England will take it and England always fail, this time it doesn't seem to be different.

stek1983 said:
agreed, i think Argentina and Spain have been the most impressive so far.

another sending off in the Italy/USA game, this time it's USA's Mastroeni.
a little harsh that one i think, should have been a yellow in my opinion.

anyway, that game is 1-1 at half time.

Nah, the guy went for his legs and not the ball, players should be careful and watch out for other players and not inflict any injuries.

Good game by Ghana today, maybe they could end up knocking Brazil out, who knows.

Weak game by Italy vs USA so far. It's a shame, really, first an own goal by Zaccardo and then a red card by De Rossi.
De Rossi and Totti, who was also quite pissed off, are known as the bad boys of Italian football.

Back when Fabio Capello coached Roma he told De Rossi to take example from Emerson on how a pro should live rather than drink and cause trouble all the time like Totti.

At any rate, you can imagine how glad I was when Mastroeni got sent off since, along with Reyna, he was USA's best player.

om3ga

stek1983 said:
yet another sending off... USA's Pope.

This ref is in love with his blooming cards!

om3ga

I have to say:

WELL DONE USA!! That was real backs-to-the-wall-stuff.....:thumbsup:

The guy on TV calls Gilardino Gilardinho, it's quite irritating.

Anyways, nice game by USA, their players have mad form, they can run so much it's crazy. Most of Italy's players were weak and this death group is open for all. Anything can happen, anyone can go home!

That referee was a joke. He totally ruined that game. Three red cards? (Both of U.S.'s were yellows at most.) He called every foul in the first 50 min and then let virtually everything go the last 40??? I guess he figured he had ruined the game enough.

Last edited:
kungfudude said:
That referee was a joke. He totally ruined that game. Three red cards? (Both of U.S.'s were yellows at most.) He called every foul in the first 50 min and then let virtually everything go the last 40??? I guess he figured he had ruined the game enough.

I totally agree.
I may not know all the players involved but I do know the game ...and that ref made a travesty of the game. It was horrible for both sides of the ball.
:mad:

The USA really earned My respect for their play in the second half.
:thumbsup:

Italy looked like a team that heard that they were going to win but forgot to show up.
:dunno:

ON ABC sports, Brent Musberger said that ref was removed from the game before, missing the last World Cup...let's hope for the sake of the game, the teams in the tournament and the World Cup itself this year that he is removed from the matches.
:)

The Satyr Icon

Im puzzled :dunno: . Why do people blame the referee for the three bookings? The first red, when the Italian player bitched and moaned, was an obviou red card foul (there was blood to prove it). The first yellow was given against the American player because he brought down an Italian player that was clear on goal. The 2nd yellow (and eventual red) was given for a two footed tackle, that could have broke the poor fellas leg!

Both teams played bad in my opinion and neither side deserved to win, especially with all of the dirty play going on.

Less than a month ago, in Portugal's Under 21 tournament, Italy was the head of the group with 4 points after 2 games; in their last match all they needed was a draw to make it to the next round.
In the 3rd game, Holland's subtitute, De Ridder from Celta Vigo, scored near the end of the game and sent Italy, who won last time, home.

Do you get the feeling of a deja-vu?

Calm said:
Less than a month ago, in Portugal's Under 21 tournament, Italy was the head of the group with 4 points after 2 games; in their last match all they needed was a draw to make it to the next round.
In the 3rd game, Holland's subtitute, De Ridder from Celta Vigo, scored near the end of the game and sent Italy, who won last time, home.

Do you get the feeling of a deja-vu?
I think Portugal is strong,I think Spain is strong.Italy and USA was a bit dissapointing.I had issues with the way the game was officiated,and also thought neither team played to potential.My darkhorse favorite now is Australia.I was quite impressed with the way they came back and scored unanswered goals,however,tomorrow will be a true test as Brasil will most likely beat them if Brasil shows up and plays to their potential.Were I the Brasil coach,I would keep Ronaldo as a substitute and bring Him in late.He was clearly asleep at the wheel the last game.If I were the Australian coach,I would just feed the boys the same breakfast that they had before the last game they played.:cool:

Nice games today, and no team in the WC jumps out, perhaps argentina?!
Usa played a great game against one of the favorites for the championship this year, at to bad they lost pop who made a stupid foul IMO with allready a yellow card in his pocket.
The ref defenitly did not whistle a bad game, all of the cards where right, most refs wont give a red card for the foul Mastroeni made, and they just should coming in hard with 2 legs.

Ghana was the suprise of the day for me, last week I thought the Czech were the absolute favorites, the played some great football, up untill today, i couldnt believe it, Ghana, was so much better and they deserved it so much, allthough they should have scored allot more, the easily could have got 2 or 3 goals more, they make a pretty good change to go on to the 2nd round.