• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

World Cup 2006 thread

Who is going to win the World Cup 2006 in Germany?

• Brazil

Votes: 77 26.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • England

Votes: 39 13.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 49 16.6%
  • Italy

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Holland

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • USA

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • Portugal

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • South Korea

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (state country in your answer)

Votes: 40 13.6%

• Total voters
TheSatyrIcon said:
I loved watching what would be called the lower tier teams because they just played balls out...

Absolutely, same here!

The so called "minnows" have come into the World Cup and basically said, "Fuck you all for thinking we're minnows!"

They've given some teams the shits.

Yeh i enjoy watching the lower ranked teams as they have a real hard dip and really do attack the goals as much as they can, they dont stuff around with the ball and just try and hold other teams goaless

********** said:
Exactly, the lesser-respected teams have all performed fantastically, and I even expect better showings from the US and Ukraine, which will mean every team in this world cup played well.

I wouldn't call them lesser-respected; the general feeling was that teams like Ghana and Ivory coast are great teams and they do have a chance of qualifying. I was acvtually quite shocked to see people, even you, surprised by the fact that Ghana and Ivory Coast played well.

********** said:
Exactly, the lesser-respected teams have all performed fantastically, and I even expect better showings from the US and Ukraine, which will mean every team in this world cup played well.

Today is a massive day.

I am rooting for one of my least favourite countries: Serbia. If they can beat Argentina, then regardless of the Holland-Ivory Coast result, Holland and Ivory Coast can still both go through with wins in their final game (Ivory would possibly have to beat Serbia by 2, depending on today's results). If Serbia draw with Argentina, only an Ivory Coast victory can keep both Ivory and Holland realistically alive. If Argentina win, so must Ivory, and it will all come down to goal difference.

I really don't want to root against my team (the Dutch) so I want Serbia to get the business done. I can't put into words how off Argentina I am right now. They are going to be fabulous games though: particularly the Holland-Ivory game: wow.

As for yesterday's games, I was very impressed with Sweden and they were entertaining, though I was rooting for Paraguay because a Paraguay victory would have given TnT the best chance to qualify. They still can, but England must do the honourable thing (and avoid Germany) and try and beat Sweden, and Trinidad must beat Paraguay, again, possibly by two goals.

If England think they're already through, and play like shit against Sweden, shame on them. Germany will destroy Ecuador (I think) and England will play Germany if Sweden beat them. England may well not beat Germany this year, the game would be in Munich and the crowd would be the 12th and 13th man.

Germany will beat Ecuador to avoid England and please the fans, then Sven will lose to his home country and it'll be England Germany anyway.

As for the other game, full credit to Ecuador who gave a terrific performance today and will give England a good game if England get a point against Sweden and they lose to Germany.

AMAZING world cup continues to be amazing.

Fox

England - Sweden. I surely hope that England gives it a 100% and just not trying to avoid Germany , if they do give it a 100 % it will be one helluva game!

Last edited:
Syncmaster said:
Argentina have beaten Serbia and Montenegro 6-0. :eek:

It just goes to show you how poor Serbia are.

i think it was more to do with how sublime argentina were

performance of the tournament so far

If England think they're already through, and play like shit against Sweden, shame on them. [/QUOTE]

England will want to beat Sweden, espicially after Argentina's result today.
6-0 is shit your pants time for all the other teams.

England players if you are reading this, WE DON'T WANT ARGENTINA IN THE SECOND ROUND!

Bravo, Argentina, Bravo!

Me and my friend had a bet on who makes it from this group. I said Argentina and Ivory Coast, he said Holland and Ivory Coast. I hope Drogba let's me win the bet today with a win.

30 mins inthe game and so far the game is identical to when Ivory Coast played Argentina. It was pretty even until from a foul the favorite got a goal, minutes later a through-pass got through the offside trap and it's 2-0.
This means CIV will pressure the dutch until the end only to score 1 goal after the 80th minute.

Calm said:
I wouldn't call them lesser-respected; the general feeling was that teams like Ghana and Ivory coast are great teams and they do have a chance of qualifying. I was acvtually quite shocked to see people, even you, surprised by the fact that Ghana and Ivory Coast played well.

They're both unlucky with the drwing though. Probably the two strongest group. But Holland is through! :)

Last edited:
I'm gunna miss the Ivory Coast...they have NO fear and I will be expecting some wins in the next World Cup for them...just imagine if they were in a less deadly group!

The Satyr Icon

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Syncmaster said:
Argentina have beaten Serbia and Montenegro 6-0. :eek:

It just goes to show you how poor Serbia are.

Actually I think Serbia finished top of their qualifying group prior to the World Cup finals - Serbia and Montenegro conceded only one goal during their campaign for the World Cup.

A class performance by Argentina, nonetheless - and a wake-up call to the rest of us......

Add My name to those bitching about Mexico's stunning draw against Angola. So many chances, so few goals...

On the other hand, congrats to Angola for playing kick ass..especially when a man down!

The Satyr Icon

I have never watched soccor (or futbol to you non-americans) in my life until now. I have to be honest I am starting to like it... but I think I would only like the world cup cause their is something about the best players in the sport competing that has my attention. The US team sucked balls... but I have watched ever game and I am atually understanding the game now... and I have to say I have seen some great games in the past week or two.

Im think USA gonna have the strongest soccer team in years, they already have it on female soccer team, and even with no great audience and no big ammounts of cash invested on the sport, they are getting better cup after cup in a sport they have no history, probably if some americans keep the taste for watching soccer games they probably will be the best as they do in almost all the sports.

Argentina for the final!!! ;)

Great Game...Portugal won 2-0, great goal by Deco nice exectution on the penalty kick by Ronaldo, Luis Figo Played great and still shows flashes of brilliance...they look like they are in top form and ready for the next round :thumbsup:

One minute into the game....and Ghana scores! Early energy and desire powered that goal in against Czech Republic!

The Satyr Icon

Great game. Ghana was really good. Could easily have been 3-0 or 4-0.
Since I'm participating in a game and I predicted Czech Republic and Ghana in the next round I'll say: go USA, beat those Italians :D