• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

World Cup 2006 thread

Who is going to win the World Cup 2006 in Germany?

• Brazil

Votes: 77 26.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • England

Votes: 39 13.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 49 16.6%
  • Italy

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Holland

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • USA

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • Portugal

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • South Korea

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (state country in your answer)

Votes: 40 13.6%

• Total voters
About yesterday, I over acted and passed the wrong imaged. The brazilians arent think they gonna lose the Cup. I just said the Brazil wasn't playing like brazil and we cry about it cause our team is better than 94, 98 and 02 teams, but played worst than it. They didnt play like the they training in Brazil and other games.

About disrespect the others teams, I didnt do that. I just said the Croatia's team is thousand times worst than Brazil, just that. Brazil on that game break another record on Cup, the team who won eight games consecutively on cup, and Ronaldo if make 2 goals on this cup will break another, the man who made more goals on cup, will reach the 14 count.

Australia won't win Brazil, thats a funny joke, its almost impossible, the Brazilians have a taboo, their never play good enough on the first Cup's game and their play badly, it wasnt be happen again on this cup. Im sorry for the Aussies, but will not happen.

Parreira already said that Ronaldo will start playing again on game against Australia.

The favorites to me is Brazil, Italy, Argentina, England, Germany and Spain (being Argentina and Italy the favorite to be in final against Brazil). I want a Brazil and Argentina final, the team who made us get out on cup in the quarters (the worst brazilian position in cups) in 90.

Civickiller80 said:
Watch higlights here
on this webiste
just browse you'll find great stuff

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/highlights.html

Another great site is
www.3dgoals.com

but you have to install a program and it only works on internet explorer...

God bless you.
Unfortunately the first one only has the finishing of Torres' goal but that site is gonna come in handy when/if I miss more games.

I REALLY hope Ukraine will make it since after seeing their Under 21 team in Portugal, I fell in love with them, as well as with Holland (who won, by the way).

praf0312 said:
About yesterday, I over acted and passed the wrong imaged. The brazilians arent think they gonna lose the Cup. I just said the Brazil wasn't playing like brazil and we cry about it cause our team is better than 94, 98 and 02 teams, but played worst than it. They didnt play like the they training in Brazil and other games.

About disrespect the others teams, I didnt do that. I just said the Croatia's team is thousand times worst than Brazil, just that. Brazil on that game break another record on Cup, the team who won eight games consecutively on cup, and Ronaldo if make 2 goals on this cup will break another, the man who made more goals on cup, will reach the 14 count.

Australia won't win Brazil, thats a funny joke, its almost impossible, the Brazilians have a taboo, their never play good enough on the first Cup's game and their play badly, it wasnt be happen again on this cup. Im sorry for the Aussies, but will not happen.

Parreira already said that Ronaldo will start playing again on game against Australia.

The favorites to me is Brazil, Italy, Argentina, England, Germany and Spain (being Argentina and Italy the favorite to be in final against Brazil). I want a Brazil and Argentina final, the team who made us get out on cup in the quarters (the worst brazilian position in cups) in 90.

I agree that the chances are slim but Australia have Hiddink as their coach, he is one of the best coaches in the world.
I think Brazil are taking it slow on purpose, they have a relatively easy group and they don't want to burn themselves out before the next round. Don't forget, their opponent in the next round will be most likely Italy or Czech Republic.

The game depends ONLY on Brazil, if they play like they did yesterday, Australia can nag a point of three, if they play good they'll take the game. That's all there is to it.

Last edited:
Yep! Youre right, calm! If Brazil plays like yesterday can lost to them and deserve it. Like the Croatia could win and deserved the victory much than Brazil.

I expect with all of my heart the real Brazil in the next game or they wont have a chance. I think Czech Republic have a good team, but their defense isnt work too well, so Italy might beat them.

Uff, I nearly died in front of TV. What a match. I'm happy that Germany made it finally. So amny chances. Defense was much better now than against Costa Rica. If they go on like this, they can be dangerous to some favorites.

Fox, we'll just know that after the game right?
Nothing is right or wrong until them, we're all giving our opinion, nothing is 100% true. Even the worst team could beat all, have some lucky getting each one in a bad game and won the cup.

Brazil goal isnt just win 5 cups, and was the only team who classified for the every 15 cups and the only team to made 14 semi-finals, just one cup, 1990, Brazil wasnt in the semi-final, losing to Argentina in quarters. Thats a impressive number. And Im saying based on 1994, we won, 1998, we were 2nd place, 2002, we won again, and in 2006 our team is one thousand times better than 94, 98 and 02, thats why Im talking that.
We really could understimated the Croatia's team, I wont lie, all brazilian expect a score like 4x0 or something like that. I didnt say we didnt make a mistake in our judgement, Im just said Brazil didnt play his football, just that, thats why Croatia did what you saw.

daschok said:
Uff, I nearly died in front of TV. What a match. I'm happy that Germany made it finally. So amny chances. Defense was much better now than against Costa Rica. If they go on like this, they can be dangerous to some favorites.
thats right - germany for world cup :thumbsup:

I really loved the Saudi Arabia - Tunisia matchup...neither team gave up!

And the Germany - Poland game....OMG what a finish; it looked an excellent boxing match where going into the final seconds it would be tie, but Germany delivers the KO kick in the 90th minute!

Like I posted earlier, I only watch the World Cup....I might watch more soccer/football/futbol more often...I haven't missed a single game!

:thumbsup:

Did anyone cath when the ESPN play-by-play man shutdown the color commenter when the color guy raved about USA coach Arena being one of the best coaches in the world. He was basically closed off by the play-by-play guy saying that didn't translate into a win, but a 3-0 loss; ouch!

The Satyr Icon

FullMoonWolf

Closed Account
That Germany/Poland game was like putting your tongue in an electrical socket!

Brilliant!

********** said:
All those games were BRILLIANT...

I take back what I said about Ballack... I watched the Germany game a second time (on tape) while doing some work and noticed he did more than I thought. I guess I expected too much of him. Also, Klinsmann was really great about him and he said some nice things too, so I'm back in his corner now, for the time being.

For the rest of the team, man LAHM is AMAZING, and Chelsea have recognized that and put in a bid to buy him from Bayern. I hope they don't get him. He's too good for them ;)

And master subs by Klinsmann too... yay... Frings impressive, Meertesacker was AWESOME, with some great tackles... good job Lehmann... Klose always around, unlucky... still waiting for more from Podolski and Schweinsteiger... still think that FRIEDRICH is the weakest player on the team by a mile...

Odonkor was awesome on the wing... good finish Neuville.

OK, so today we have three games... one is in twenty minutes so I better get going. Good luck to everyone.

I watched the Brazil game again and they were NOT that bad... also, I'd like to point out that they really didn't set the tournament alight in any of the last 3 world cups, but still made the final, so we should expect this from Brazil. Their training sessions are training: it's different in the World Cup when the other teams are giving everything. Especially when your strikers aren't fit.

So anyway... Italy to knock out Brazil (or Czechs), that's my prediction, in round 2 :)

Fox

Brazil are known of starting the tournament slow and they pick it up later; even when they don't play their best they manage to win, and that's important.

Brazil wasn't bad at all, they were good, at defending; they disappointed because people expected another 8 goals from them but instead they showed an impressive, almost Italian-like, defensive game.

Just the thought of it, Cannavaro and Nesta defending Buffon, how can Italy possible conceide a goal? it seems impossible!

Lahm really is amazing, I didn't know Chelsea wanted to get him but they better watch out, too many high price players with no team chemistry can fuck the team up; I mean, getting Shevchenko, Ballack, Lahm and I hear Tevez in one summer is too many new players to get along, they might make Real Madrid's mistake and we will have another Galacticos on our hands.

You watched those 2 games again? How ever do you find the ability to?
During the regular season I watch about 4-5 games in 2 days but that's because I didn't see much over the week; during the World Cup I don't watch more than 2 games a day, otherwise I'd feel drained and exhausted.

Looked a bit shaky, but I'm happy for Peter Crouch and the fact that he got the first goal for England. Otherwise they might not have let him back into the country.

I feel so bad about france results, arghhh :mad:
I can't wait to see what'll happen sunday, I hope they will score at least 1 goal before retiring from the worldcup (It would be better than 2002 :D)

and bad luck for trinidad & tobago, they could have tear off another 0-0 ;)

I saw last days Italy-Ghana and Ghana doesn't deserved this loose :(
but Italy and Czetch are also great teams, this group is damn hard.

My Team scores (out of 10)

Robinson: 6 - Little to do, fluffed one catch.
Ashley Cole: 4 - Couldn't keep the ball, pass to team mates and kept giving the ball away...apart from that ok.
John Terry: 9 - Absolutely rock solid, goaline clearance was vital.
Rio Ferdinand: 6 - another so-so performance, was lucky that Terry was there to mop up the goal line clearance.
Jamie Carragher: 6 - usual safety first game and a rare shot on goal.
Joe Cole: 7 - tried to forge a way through, but kept running into dead-ends.
Steven Gerrard: 6 - Good goal, but is wasted playing so deep.
Frank Lampard: 6 - At least half a dozen chances to score, but just couldn't finish it off.
David Beckham: 7 - Not one of his better games, good cross for Crouch goal.
Michael Owen: 5 - Little chance, looks waaaay off form.
Peter Crouch: 7 - Good possession, finally got a morale boosting goal.

subs
Rooney: 5 - Not really much chance to shine, I think it's too early to have played him.
Stuart Downing: 6 - Some good play down the left flank.
Aaron Lennon 8 - Absolutely terrified the T&T left back, ought to start against Sweden.

Last edited:
Aaron Lennon 8 - Absolutely terrified the Costa Rican left back, ought to start against Sweden.[/QUOTE]

Good comments, but England haven't played Costa Rica.:ban:

Costa Rica are in Group A, England are in Group B. You weren't gerrting England and Germany mixed up where you?

Is it just Me or some of the top teams (England, Sweden, France, Switzerland, Poland, USA *giggles*) seem REALLY out of synch?
:dunno:
Yes, some have won, but they seemed to totally play under their abilities....and the teams that played them have played their hearts out....

I loved watching what would be called the lower tier teams because they just played balls out...
Tunisia
Saudia Arabia
Ghana
Ivory Coast
Trinidad AND Tobago

Thanks for the Great World Cup Games for the casual fan like Me!
:thumbsup:

The Satyr Icon

Sweden - Paraguay 1-0

Damn im really happy. cant wait to see sweden - england go head to head.

Aye Lampard was pure shit last night. As I've said for a while he should be dropped. Offers nothing but a goal threat (he can't control a midfield at all) and even his goal threat is poor. Still though he wasn;t the worst player, that was the two full backs who were woeful.

Robbo - 6 Not as secure as usual.
Carragher - 4 Offers nothing at all going forward
Terry - 8 Excellent
Rio - 6 Not as good as against Paraguay
Cole - 3 He's not match fit at all and shouldn't be playing
J Cole - 6 Didn't do enough
Gerrard - 6 Did do anything before the goal but being played out of position.
Lampard - 4 Just shit
Beckham - 7 Great assist for Crouch's goal
Owen - 5 Not sharp enough
Crouch - 6 Having a poor game until the goal

Lennon - 8 Could start against Sweden
Rooney & Downing - 6 Didn't offer much in the short time they had.