• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

World Cup 2006 thread

Who is going to win the World Cup 2006 in Germany?

• Brazil

Votes: 77 26.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • England

Votes: 39 13.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 49 16.6%
  • Italy

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Holland

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • USA

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • Portugal

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • South Korea

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (state country in your answer)

Votes: 40 13.6%

• Total voters

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
The USA got their collective asses handed to them today by the Czechs. WAY overrated in the first place....I could smell this coming. When will America realize it SUCKS at "football".

I'm rooting for Mexico and I'm going to watch Univision. How can you beat "Goooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"? Any team who has a coach who chain smokes on the sidelines is someone I gotta root for. This one is for Sanchez' dad....Viva Mexico!!! Cerveza frios!!!!

:glugglug: :nanner: :beer:

kib345

Banned
The REAL World Cup match starts tonight 8pm

Yes, thats right. So far we have seen England, Germany etc. win their games but really to be honest, it wasn't real quality football by any stretch of imagination :) They played well but rather boring to watch at times.

But, the real game is tonight 8pm. The team that invented football, the team that was born with a football, the team that IS the World Cup.

you know what I'm saying?

And take a look at this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/4852868.stm

Their goalkeeper will be used as a striker if needed.

And check this out.......

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5581235075246411674&q=Maradona&pl=true

Strange that the invited the whole media to see their training session, skills etc.

Last edited:

darkman

Retired Moderator
Brazil time is coming... Go Brazil on the road to the 6th star :nanner:

Guys, I don't know if you have seen this advertisement, anyway here we go !!!

Joga bonito Brasil :nanner: :nanner:

Re: The REAL World Cup match starts tonight 8pm

Well lets just work this out, the British invented football and it was a Scottish captain/pirate that took the game to Brazil. So how Brazil invented football is confusing me.

Anyway to say the games have been boring is so far wide of the mark. In fact they've been very good most of them, due to the top teams not dominating there games. Most teams are playing open attacking football, which is making good football to watch.

The one thing that is bugging me is the ref's, too much whistle blowing for free flowing football. If another player even brushes another player they blow for a foul. This is Platini's fault, as he wants all football to be a none contact game. How the hell you suppose to get the ball off another team if you can't tackle, for fear of touching the player.

I'm supporting England of course, but think that only Brazil can lose the world cup. As they have by far the best squad of players and team. It will be good to see what shape their in tonight, but there not the team I'm waiting too see. Spain are mine I've backed them for a top three postion and they have been brilliant over the last 6 months.

kib345 said:
Yes, thats right. So far we have seen England, Germany etc. win their games but really to be honest, it wasn't real quality football by any stretch of imagination :) They played well but rather boring to watch at times.

But, the real game is tonight 8pm. The team that invented football, the team that was born with a football, the team that IS the World Cup.

you know what I'm saying?

I didn't know Croatia had such an influence on the World Cup. Seen as they are playing Brazil we should be in for a cracker.

I actually thought Argentina and the Czech Republic played some qualitty football. As did Ivory Coast despite losing.

Oh? Brazil Croatia will be better than Czech Republic USA? better than Italy Ghana? better than Germany Costa Rica? better than Argentina Ivory Coast? well you get my point.
I hope it will be better but I sincerely doubt it. Good one sided games are not as good as a good equal game with lots of goals, and we had those.
Besides, Brazil playing in the group stage is a waste of time, let them and the other teams rest and fight for second place, there is no intereset in a game that the score is known from that start.

Calm said:
Oh? Brazil Croatia will be better than Czech Republic USA? better than Italy Ghana? better than Germany Costa Rica? better than Argentina Ivory Coast? well you get my point.
I hope it will be better but I sincerely doubt it. Good one sided games are not as good as a good equal game with lots of goals, and we had those.
Besides, Brazil playing in the group stage is a waste of time, let them and the other teams rest and fight for second place, there is no intereset in a game that the score is known from that start.

Maradona predicts 3 - 1 in favour of Brazil.

And most unlikely score line of 1 - 1.

Does that seem one sided? And I believe Maradona.
dd

kib345

Banned

It wont be one-sided. Croatia are very dangerous side from set pieces. Brazil may have the best attack in the world but defense can be very vunerable especially as they will be going in with just 3 defenders I think.

kib345 said:
It wont be one-sided. Croatia are very dangerous side from set pieces. Brazil may have the best attack in the world but defense can be very vunerable especially as they will be going in with just 3 defenders I think.

They don't have the best offense in the world. In my opinion, although they sucked last world cup, Trezeguet and Henry are the best offense in the world cup. Adriano and Ronaldo need to play first for us to see if they are in good form or if they will play like they did all season long.

pussyman69 said:
Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
:thumbsup:

That was the coolest comeback I ever seen, soccer wise.
That was the type of game that should silence people who think soccer is a boring game. I wonder if those people watch hockey?

The Satyr Icon

Calm said:
Just like in the qualifying round, France and Switzerland tied.

3rd game in a row they tie each other I believe...Well France was 5wins 5 ties in qualifying and the Swiss were 4 wins 6 ties...

This is the Fourth Game in a row France hasnt scored in the world cup dating back to 2002...

France - Switzerland:
I don't think anyone was expecting a tie with the score of nil-nil.
Many tries for both sides, tho.

Another article on USA soccer:
http://www.deadspin.com/sports/soccer/hirshey-we-waited-four-years-for-this-180311.php

I think if you are ranked 5th in the world like the team was, hyped up into the match and played like we did....criticism is well deserved.

Now...Brasil gets to play....I'm all 'cited now!

The Satyr Icon

Just a thing some friends and I were talking about...and I wanted to see what people think

Do you think that Fifa should rank the teams as they enter the knock out round?..such as based on world ranking after the qualifying rounds?
or even have the teams ranked from 1-32 as per world rankings somehow...I like the current way how it is as it creates som very very hard groups..

...I know its a bit weird if say Brazil Finshes second in there round and then they have a better second round draw then another team but it was just us talking the wind and it was interesting to see what they thought...

The Dutch coaches are doing very well!

Van Basten (The Netherlands) 1-0
Beenhakker (Trinidad & Tobago) 0-0
Hiddink (Australia) 3-1
Advocaat (South Korea) 2-1

I woner how Holland will do. "We" had a better team in 1998 I think. Still if Robben plays like he did last game you never know. V.d. Sar is one of the best goalies on the tournament, very consistently and seems to be very underrated. Van Persie is playing better than before in the team, and we have Kuijt who nevers gives up.