• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '12/'13 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get so much joy in seeing the Pens get :sweep:SWEPT!!! by the Bruins!! and everybody was like just mail the Pens the cup after they made all those deals @ the trade deadline, Iginla, Morrow, Murray etc.. and then they go and get embarrassed. I fuckin love it!!! bye, bye, Pengies, Crysby, gino, ginla!! and I'm calling it now--->>> Dan Bylsma YOUR FIRED!! :flame: :nanner:

Well that was a delightful little series. I hope Shero kept his receipts.

i was thinking this the other day.... Douglas murray did NOTHING since he was acquired correct? what a bust that was! not to mention iginla no-showing the playoffs but i have to say morrow came to play every night as he has done for years.

image_zps92cbe831.jpg

I'm sure he regrets it now.

The Bruins looked spectacular in the series against the Penguins. In order for LA or Chicago to beat the Bruins, everyone of their top scorers has to score, and have to play at their most elite level as well. I also don't think the Blackhawks or Kings can beat the Bruins, they ended up being better as the playoffs went on. I don't think it will be an easy win for the Bruins though, but my pick is changing to the Bruins for 2013 Stanley cup champions in 7 games.

Also with the three teams left, those are the three last Stanley Cup Champions as well.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I feel bad for Iginla to a degree. I don't think it's fair to criticize him for "chasing a Cup" when that's what people have been calling for him to do for three years.

And I'm just going to call it now: I think Rask is going to deliver the Cup to Boston this year regardless of who comes out of the West.

All I heard coming into this series was how Quick is the best goalie in the world but I'm sorry to say he didn't impress me. With the exception of two games, he looked average at best. He got outplayed by Crawford. If the Hawks win the Stanley Cup, Crawford has to be in the conversation as one of the best goalies in the NHL

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
I should punch you in your whore mouth.

Actually, I kinda hope the Blackhawks win, but I don't think they will.

Go for it, I could use the free dental work....:cool:

After being a lifetime Oriole fan, it's against my very nature to root for any team from Boston.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
When that tying goal went in with under 10 seconds left my heart sunk, but i had a feeling they would have another OT thriller for the win. The Bruins will be tough but obviously I'm taking the Hawks in 7. That was an incredible game, fuck yeah. :D

I feel bad for Iginla to a degree. I don't think it's fair to criticize him for "chasing a Cup" when that's what people have been calling for him to do for three years.

And I'm just going to call it now: I think Rask is going to deliver the Cup to Boston this year regardless of who comes out of the West.
WTH ... ... where you been?

I don't really have any ill will towards Iggy, he's always been one of my favorite non-bruins. But when he went out of his way to block a trade to the Bruins to go play with that overhyped punk, and then gets bounced by the team he (sort of) gave the finger to without really even showing up.... He justifiably deserves some "lol iginlas".

Oh, and bring on the Hawks. If Tuukka plays anything close to the way he did against Pitt, this thing's already over.

Two teams I don't like, but since I actually respect Toews and a few other Hawks I'll take Chicago in 6. Unless somehow the leagues biggest pussy Marchand (that's not just 'cause I hate Boston, he actually is) finds a way to score more big goals.

All I heard coming into this series was how Quick is the best goalie in the world

Must be ESPN "hockey experts?" I've never heard anyone call him "the best." And I agree with you he isn't (personally, off the top of my head, I'd build a team around Pekka Rinne, but that's just me).

quick isn't the best but he was the hottest goalie going into the series against chicago.

with that said I'll take Chicago in 6 (still can't get over how the bruins came back over the leafs, its mind boggling)

(still can't get over how the bruins came back over the leafs, its mind boggling)

That said, I was amazed the Leafs came back from down 3-1 in the series. And it's not that mind boggling. When you play your defensive players, like McClement, for example, for 12 minutes, it's not that confusing. Best defense is a good offense. If the Leafs wanted to be in the Bruins zone, Carlyle shouldn't have had Kessel (who finally earned my respect after four years), Lupul, Bozak (minus faceoffs) sitting on the bench for 85% of the third. That was horrible coaching after a great year and series to that point.

Iginlol

I'm also here to eat my serving of crow for my doubts about Chicago.

How do Leafs fans feel about what's transpired with Boston?

Posted this in the nba thread by accident.

Toronto and Detroit had the conference champs on the ropes and couldnt finish. Nobody else even gave them trouble. Oh what could have been.

I think the west has had the stronger teams this year, but Boston looks like world beaters right now. I'll go Chicago in 7.

Anybody think Crawford is making some noise in the Team Canada goalie race? Fleury is out. Brodeur is out. Ward maybe. Luongo maybe. Price will be there, but I don't think he's a shoe in to start. Elliot and Crawford should both get a shot. Maybe the U.S can lend us a couple. They're stacked in net.

Status
Not open for further replies.