• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NFL '17 Season Thread

Kirk Cousins got the franchise tag again!? The Washington Washingtons can't seem to decide what they want to do.

I think the Redskins will be very good next year.

Apparently Kapernick has decided to become a free agent. At least one of his fans thinks he's a "Top 40 qb in the world" (out of 32 Teams, that's good, right? :1orglaugh -

http://ist3-5.filesor.com/pimpandhost.com/1/_/_/_/1/4/h/W/F/4hWFj/topforty.jpg

Well, he did say "the world." When you take into account the QB factory that is the steppes of Mongolia where the only thing they learn to do before riding a horse is throw a football, being top 40 in the world is pretty good.

It's definitely possible. Still seems strange they are not willing to commit to Cousins as their franchise QB, but they are too afraid to part ways with him.

I think it's the fact that if I told you he was going to regress next season, and go back to the occasional 5 pick game, you wouldn't be shocked. And if I told you that his QB play would get them back to the playoffs next season, and get him another Pro Bowl, you wouldn't be shocked. But man, is he getting rich off the uncertainty. Good for him. Bet on yourself, and make them pay for not having the stones to bet on you.

I think it's the fact that if I told you he was going to regress next season, and go back to the occasional 5 pick game, you wouldn't be shocked. And if I told you that his QB play would get them back to the playoffs next season, and get him another Pro Bowl, you wouldn't be shocked. But man, is he getting rich off the uncertainty. Good for him. Bet on yourself, and make them pay for not having the stones to bet on you.

Dan Snyder????
Not very good at football.

Yes, because that's who handles player contract negotiations for the Washington Redskins.

I'm thinking he's the kind of guy who meddles uncontrollably but in the end he is hiring those who make these decisions so this makes him culpable. But in the end fuck the Redskins.

I'm thinking he's the kind of guy who meddles uncontrollably but in the end he is hiring those who make these decisions so this makes him culpable. But in the end fuck the Redskins.

:rofl:

He was the kind of owner that wouldn't stay the fuck out of the way, right up through the RGIII/Shanahan debacle. But I think that he's learned, and he's dialed back his involvement. The guy's a lifelong 'skins fan, he really does want the team to win. Maybe not that different from Jerry Jones, except Jones knows more football than Snyder. Anyway, these are Allen/McCloughan moves, and lately I think that it's more Allen than McC (who, if it's true that he's had a sobriety lapse, may be on a probation of sorts - I don't doubt that when McC came to DC, there was something in his contract about booze).

But when someone doesn't know much about the Redskins, they just sling whatever they've read and heard: (1) boo, hiss, they're racists with a racist name, (2) boo, hiss, their owner is a meddling boob that will forever hamstring them with mediocrity, (3) boo, hiss, I don't know anything else about the Redskins.

But those fucking clowns know who they are. The rest of us football fans know the full story, not just USA Today headlines. :dickhead:

Numerous reports that Dallas will release Tony Romo tomorrow. He will leave as the team's all-time leader in passing yards and touchdowns and third all-time in wins behind Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman. End of an era in Dallas. Denver and Houston are the rumored front-runners for his services.

Brandon Marshall has signed with the New York Giants.

Free agency officially begins tomorrow 4PM EST.

Numerous reports that Dallas will release Tony Romo tomorrow. He will leave as the team's all-time leader in passing yards and touchdowns and third all-time in wins behind Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman. End of an era in Dallas. Denver and Houston are the rumored front-runners for his services.

That's just great, now who do they have to replace him?

Bring on Dallas' next dynasty.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
New England gets handed two All-pros, gotta bend over and keep that Brady gravy train going. It's what's best for business.

It pisses me off so much how the Patriots constantly retool and get better each year! But enough about good teams...

The Browns give up a fourth round pick for Brock Osweiler, a second, and a sixth rounder. Good move or bad move?

Killer B

I Like Big Tits! (song by Joe Walsh)
^ Agreed, I hate the Patriots too but unfortunately they'll remain title contenders until Shady Brady retires.

Good move for both the Browns and Texans. Cleveland gets needed picks and trade options, Houston gets cap relief and a chance to reload at QB. They better get the next one right.

So this thread seems to have died. Some points to be included for completion sake:

Tony Romo has retired and will be replacing Phil Simms as color commentator for CBS.

Richard Sherman has been the subject of trade talks.

The NFL with release the schedule for the preseason on Monday at 5PM ET. Regular season schedule should be announced sometime the following week.