• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NFL '11 Season Thread

Despite his flaws on covering the running game I do think his pass covering skills more than made up for it, especially considering that's the greater part of a cornerback's job. I don't think there has been a person at the position that has surpassed him since he played, but ratting him as the best ever isn't as easy even if he very well might be the best.

Part of the problem is that there were many good corners that played before him that didn't have his flaws and were pretty good in coverage also. Also, the fact that they played in a different era makes it hard to completely and fairly compare them though. It's not quite apples to oranges as a comparison, but there is a difference enough between eras it's not easy.

Despite his flaws on covering the running game I do think his pass covering skills more than made up for it, especially considering that's the greater part of a cornerback's job. I don't think there has been a person at the position that has surpassed him since he played, but ratting him as the best ever isn't as easy even if he very well might be the best.

Part of the problem is that there were many good corners that played before him that didn't have his flaws and were pretty good in coverage also. Also, the fact that they played in a different era makes it hard to completely and fairly compare them though. It's not quite apples to oranges as a comparison, but there is a difference enough between eras it's not easy.

I don't know of a DB in NFL history that was a better cover guy than DS and considering the era he played in where receiver speed and QB play could be considered at it's apex...DS was head and shoulders above the next nearest...

(All while playing and excelling at another sport where you have to hit 90 mph little balls too...:o)

Yeah, Deion is probably the best cornerback ever. Honestly as it is right now, the contest is only between him and Dick "Nightrain" Lane in my opinion.

Idk, mel Blount and Rod Woodson were both pretty incredible as well, but i definately agree with you bearded_menace. Much respect to all the new HoF inductees. Shannon Sharpe was so inspring and touching in his speech and post speech. As well as Deion's speech. Great day to be a football fan.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Eddie Meador and Mel Renfro, and Mel Blount. Thank you.:2 cents:

Damn! How did I forget Mel Blount!? And how did I forget about the HOF induction ceremony today? Well, my congrats go out to all the new inductees. I have waited a while for Shannon Sharpe to get on. Glad he is finally in.

Next years hall of fame is probly going to be better for those whove been waiting a long time to get in than it is for the first timers. I dont see anyone on the list who will get voted with a comfortable margin, if any first balloter does make itll be by a very thin margin. Bill Parcells and Rod Smith maybe have the best chance, beyond that who knows

Bigger HOF snub:

Chris Carter in the NFL?

or

Reggie Miller in the NBA?

Now that is a tough call. Reggie Miller is a legend both in the court and in the sack according to various sources. :1orglaugh On the other hand, you have Chris Carter who has one of the best set of hands that anyone has ever seen. One could also argue that he was instrumental in helping shape one of the best receivers ever in Randy Moss. Like I said, tough call.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Bigger HOF snub:

Chris Carter in the NFL?

or

Reggie Miller in the NBA?

Reggie Miller for sure. :mad:

I might be biased though. He's my all-time favorite NBA player.

Pick it up at 3:31. Greatness.