• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

horror movies

Man, Ihave some catching up to do.

No spoiler review

My Amityville Horror.
In short, I really enjoyed the documentary and thought it shed some new light on a case that was shrouded in so much mystery and suspicion and skepticism. In short, I would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in the Amityville Horror case. I thought it had very eerie moments and Daniel Lutz is obviously a troubled person. In my amateur, worthless opinion I think Daniel Lutz believes what he is saying but I also believe the man is DEEPLY disturbed and that's what makes the movie sad and scary at the same time.

Can't believe it's a 5.5 on IMDB. It's only a point higher than Hell Comes to Frogtown.

The Awakening (2011) - Also liked this movie and I think it's very well made. I'm still debating if I liked the ending or not. I saw it a week ago and I'm still debating. Might need to see it again. If I had a criticism I think all of the jump scares are a little too "American" in there execution if you understand my meaning. And how come every ghost movie ever made just gots to have twists and turns at the very end? It's like filmmakers want to say: hey it's not what you THINK it is!
Why does it always not have to be what I think it is? Why do you have to play make-believe fucking mind games?

And Rebecca Hall is the kind of woman I want to grow old with.

Something about The Decent really got my skin up the first time through. Too bad the second one didn't do the same. Are there any horror movies with decent sequels? Evil Dead 2 is about the only one I can think of - its not really a sequel but that is easy to overlook due to how awesome it is (as this thread has fully reinforced).

that movie is out there... it reminds me of a japanese movie that i cant recall the name, but the guy goes out for revenge, and removes teeth with a pair of pliers... oh well, heres a runner up for creepy films... i saw it with a buddy of mine, and halfway through, shared a very creeped out look...

Audition is a most disturbing, in a good way, film. the ending is twisted as fuck. is the other Japanese movie, with the teeth pulling you were thinking of Old Boy?

here's a classic cult fav. one of the greatest, creepiest characters ever!!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...rt.jpg/220px-Curse_of_Chucky,_Blu-ray_Art.jpg

Curse of Chucky is a 2013 horror film distributed by Universal Home Entertainment. It is the sixth installment in the Child's Play franchise. The film is written and directed by Don Mancini, who created the franchise and has written all films to date. It stars Brad Dourif as Chucky, as well as Fiona Dourif, Danielle Bisutti, A Martinez and Brennan Elliott. Curse of Chucky returns to the franchise's source material and bringing back the straightforward horror elements found in the original three Child's Play films.
Development to the film began with a plan of a reboot or remake. The film, which went into production in September 2012, it is the the first direct-to-DVD installment of the series. The film has been rated R by the MPAA for bloody horror violence, and for language.[1]
Curse of Chucky debuted via VOD, September 24, 2013, and was leaked online on September, 25, 2013. It will be followed by a DVD and Blu-ray release on October 8, 2013 in the United States.

I've been on an "Evil Dead" kick lately, as it had been a LONG time since I'd seen the original. Despite the horrible FX in it, that first flick is so lovable in its badness, I could watch it every day. #2 and Army of Darkness are both excellent as well, but the first one is my favorite, I think.

I've also been watching a lot of Mario Bava, which is always an adventure. Now I need to get my ass back in gear and get back to writing some!

Saw it last night after all these months while VERY drunk but here's my review while it's still relatively fresh in my mind.

First and foremost I enjoyed the movie and I'm planning on rewatching it after I right this. And I would recommend it to the curious or anyone who likes the found footage genre because this is a more interesting take on it than the V/H/S movies or the Blair Witch knockoffs. I think the entire concept is extremely well done and doesn't feel gimmicky in the slightest bit. In fact, I got to a point where I actually forgot I was watching a movie. I felt like I was watching television and waiting for the commercials to be over so I can get back to the meat. I was a kid of the late 80's and 90's and my parents and I always recorded shows on VHS. Sometimes we would push the stop button because we didn't want to record the commercials and then we'd push play/record when the program came back on. And there were times when my parents would give me a blank VHS tape and tell me to record some show while they went out for the night. I miss those days.

I think the commercials are also VERY well done. It's hard to tell if something was made for the film or if they used archive footage. Honestly I'm not 100% sure and I love that feeling. But I do feel it was half and half because some people in those commercials are obviously 1980's. I loved the pizza restaurant commercial because I REALLY fucking miss those restaurants where you could sit down and order a pizza and then go play video games in the next room.

Some have criticized some of the actors and I can completely understand the criticism. They do take you out of the "reality" of the situation and it's fairly jarring. But to me almost all the actor's performances felt deliberately camp. Almost like the director just told the actors to not worry and just have fun. The one actor who I thought hit it out of the park was the reporter. I hate to use words like "performance" but I'll just say that the reporter guy gave the most level and less campy performance of the entire movie.

!Spoilers!

I have to admit that I'm disappointed by the ending but then maybe I need to see it again and stone sober this time.

Another fellow horror movie aficionado here.

David Cronenberg and Lucio Fulci could really make some intense movies back in the 70s and 80s (albeit the production in Fulci's movies isn't quite convincing, but the rest is really tight). Hellraiser and Children of the Corn are some of my favorites. I should see the Evil Dead series again.

Don't make me pick one as my most favorite. (... But if you put a gun to my head, it would be either Hellraiser or The Brood ... The Brood !! I don't know why. You put a gun to my head. Maybe it's the idea of children killing adults. Which gets me thinking: I should see The Omen.)

Oh, and for the record, adult horror films are ridiculous.

zipper_666

True Amateur Models
Approved Content Owner
I am a big horror move fan. I have seen so many of them and I even enjoy watching the low budget films too. It is hard to name favorites, mostly due to the large number of horror films that I have seen, but some of my favorites would have to be:

#1. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Original)
#2. The Girl Next Door
#3. Friday The 13th (Original)
#4. Halloween (Original)
#5. Maniac
#6. Prom Night (Original)
#7. Junior
#8. Martin
#9. I Spit On Your Grave
#10. The Last House On The Left

Oh man, there are just so many, I cannot even seem to recall many of them now. But yeah, horror movies are GREAT! :)

Patrick_S

persona non grata