• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

horror movies

Just finished Bubble and it was terrible. It was poorly acted, poorly directed, just over an hour long and 80% filler. We are given no reason, explanation, on closure. Woman kills a co-worker, but she does not recall it (So she claims), goes to prison THE END! Oh wait no, her friend's mom got hired. GLAD WE CLEARED THAT UP. In a deleted scene we are given a reason, but why was it deleted? Because it makes the whole movie make sense? ARRRGHHH WHAT A FRUSTRATING MOVIE. AND ALL MY FRIENDS LOVE IT!

Patrick_S

persona non grata
whoops, sorry about that... :uohs:

as far as house of the devil, i enjoyed it. within the first 5 minutes i knew exactly what type of movie i was watching. the director did a good job to give it a "retro" feel...

i wont say too much, but if you like the suspense/thriller type movies of the late 70s and early 80s, youll like it.
I would say that it´s more like horror movies from the late sixties / early seventies (before the slasher genre emerged). Most kids today probably find it boring since not very much actually happens in the first hour or so of the movie. People (like me) who love movies like Rosemary´s Baby will probably like it a lot though.

I would say that it´s more like horror movies from the late sixties / early seventies (before the slasher genre emerged). Most kids today probably find it boring since not very much actually happens in the first hour or so of the movie. People (like me) who love movies like Rosemary´s Baby will probably like it a lot though.

i dont think house of the devil had a target audience below 25 really. but youre right, unless you have seen or are familiar with older films, it may be boring. a lot of those movies were pretty slow to start. like "when a stranger calls", or "wait until dark"...

this to me, is the end of the mainstream "gimmick" era of films

ok, i may as well ask... do any of you have a soundtrack to a horror film that stands out as your favorite?

with the ones like those made by goblin, or compilations where bands made songs just for the cd, like my favorite from demon knight... theres a ton to choose from

1 Cemetary Gates Pantera

2 Tonight We Murder Ministry

3 My Misery (Demon Knight) Machine Head

4 Diadems Megadeth

5 Instant Larry Melvins

6 Fall Guy Rollins Band

7 Beaten Biohazard

8 Polícia Sepultura

9 Hey Man, Nice Shot Filter

10 1-800-Suicide Gravediggaz

Yup, he wrote most of the songs but couldn't perform them due to contractual mumbo-jumbo. So he recruited some of his friends to sing them (Marilyn Manson, Wayne Static, David Draiman, etc). And Cold by Static-X was on there, along with some other bands as well (Headstrong by Earshot is definitely worth a listen).

Forsaken by David Draiman (of Disturbed) from the soundtrack is actually my all time favorite song. And subsequently Jonathan Davis' version when he was finally able to perform the entire soundtrack himself :)

As far as horror soundtracks. I really hate how most of them use really shitty metal soundtracks. Honestly I think the best soundtrack to a movie in the horror genre was NotLDs. The music was spooky and set the mood. In many Horror movies today I hear something barked out by a Norwegian Death Metal Band, or the horrible shitty music of Rob Zombie and it kills the mood. I want something scary, not loud.

Here's a few of my favorite horror movie themes and scores.

What creeps me out about the remake's score is that I have several family members that live out in the countryside of Texas and this music reminds me of rows of corn and cotton fields, deserted gas stations from the 1960s, broken down tractors on the side of the road and open fields with abandoned houses that look like this:http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/021/a/9/insane_asylum_by_xxbabyfatxx-d4n6ko8.jpg
These stories also always reminded me of my family and the fact that they lived at least an hour away from the nearest skyscraper: http://uncoolghoul.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/81136539.jpg

Not a horror flick but I love the Joker's themes

As far as horror soundtracks. I really hate how most of them use really shitty metal soundtracks. Honestly I think the best soundtrack to a movie in the horror genre was NotLDs. The music was spooky and set the mood. In many Horror movies today I hear something barked out by a Norwegian Death Metal Band, or the horrible shitty music of Rob Zombie and it kills the mood. I want something scary, not loud.

I think he was referring to the soundtrack you would buy in stores, not the music in a movie. In the case of in movie music, I think Insidious had absolutely amazing sound editing. And like I said, the best actual soundtrack (personally) was for Queen of the Damned. The music did go with the movie as well, since the lead vampire was a rock star.

I think he was referring to the soundtrack you would buy in stores, not the music in a movie. In the case of in movie music, I think Insidious had absolutely amazing sound editing. And like I said, the best actual soundtrack (personally) was for Queen of the Damned. The music did go with the movie as well, since the lead vampire was a rock star.

Well if that is the question then there are really not a lot of horror movies that I feel have good soundtracks. Except maybe Twilight. The movie was terrible but it had Paramore and Muse on the soundtrack. It was not even really a horror movie in any sense, but hey anything that has Muse has to be redeemable at least in that regard.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
When did Twilight become horror?

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Although, the could be classified as horror, but not the good kind.

It has Vampires. And I shockingly see it classified as "Horror/Romance" more than i want it to. Probably because of Aformentioned Vampires. But that should say a lot for horror soundtracks that I had to dig THAT far to find one I like.

Patrick_S

persona non grata
ok, i may as well ask... do any of you have a soundtrack to a horror film that stands out as your favorite?
I really like the soundtrack to All The Boys Love Mandy Lane. It´s a bit different for a horror soundtrack as there´s no aggressive metal or rock songs, instead there´s these kind of laid back pop songs which gives the movie a really different feel to most other horror movies.

It has Vampires. And I shockingly see it classified as "Horror/Romance" more than i want it to. Probably because of Aformentioned Vampires. But that should say a lot for horror soundtracks that I had to dig THAT far to find one I like.

I'm sorry, there are no vampires in Twilight. I'm assuming you're referring to the sparkling fairy things?

I really like the soundtrack to All The Boys Love Mandy Lane. It´s a bit different for a horror soundtrack as there´s no aggressive metal or rock songs, instead there´s these kind of laid back pop songs which gives the movie a really different feel to most other horror movies.

yeah, i should have specified... i meant any or all music in a film, even the score

Well I finally watched House of the Devil. It wasn't bad, but not great. I gave it a 6 out of 10 on IMDb. I loved the feel of it and the way the director built the tension. I found the final act fairly lacking though.

Well I finally watched House of the Devil. It wasn't bad, but not great. I gave it a 6 out of 10 on IMDb. I loved the feel of it and the way the director built the tension. I found the final act fairly lacking though.

thats what everyone i know says about it as well.

agreed the ending is... soso and kind of predictable, the rest of the movie makes up for it