• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

horror movies

He had mentioned to me about keeping the thread alive (which I'm trying to do). His request aside, I didn't wanna let this thread die because I find it one of the most interesting on here :) How was the movie? I finalllllly have Piranha 3D to watch for tonight. I was never that interested in it, but I just wanna some ridiculous death and hot chicks for tonight. Plus since Gianna Michaels is retired, this will be kinda like new material of hers for me :D

Not bad...I always like the "runner" zombie movies, and the zombies in this one had sprinter speed ;) !...The Horde is a french movie with a voice overdub which was pretty decent...Fairly high production value overall, and some very cool fight scenes against the zombies !.. The plot, however, was ragged and paper thin, and the character development was basically nonexistant...

Also IMO, an unreasonably high amount of pointless animosity and violence between the main characters... so while they were fighting the zombies, they expended just as much time and energy fighting each other....

Basically your typical zombie movie with slightly above average production value and a foreign film perspective that makes it somewhat unique...I'd give it a firm 5 out of 10...If you like zombie flicks, definitely worth a watch !

I saw Piranha 3-D awhile ago...actually had to re-watch the trailer to remember what happened in the movie so that should tell you what type of impression if left on me :1orglaugh ! LOL ...Yeah, it was cool seeing Gianna Michaels do her thing...Not much else to this one though IMO...alot of CGI and mediocre acting/storyline...Not bad though all things considered...just your basic light entertainment with a little gratuitous T&A :D ! Hope you enjoy it !!

I love going to Netflix and watching lesser known horror movies or just B-Horror movies.

I just watched The Stuff. Haha, it was good for a laugh but there are some gory scenes in these movies. You see faces often get destroyed as if they watermelons but in a much more disgusting way. The movie contains this infamous scene:

In any event, bout to watch this movie in a little while...Hopefully it's a good one !!

My only complaint about it was the fucking annoying bitch that was in the movie.

She was a really dislikeable character. She isn't in every scene... thank FUCK for that.

See the picture of the movie in that link. It shows them sitting in a room at a table. THAT is the best part of the entire movie IMO. Just five guys locked in an apartment together (in an appartment block that has zombies all over it) holed up and chatting about the situation and what they are going to do. And arguing about what to do about one of the guys legs since it was biten by a zombie. That brings up a kind of funny moment so it does. The old guy (who's apartment it is that they are in) HE is the best character out of them all so he is.

I'd give the movie a 9 even with that annoying skank in it. She is the only flaw the movie has if you ask me. I honestly don't know what the movie makers were thinking of by writing her like that. Making her so unlikeable is a bad thing. It can put people off from watching a movie with characters like that. But thankfully, they minimized her onscreen appearances. But she is still an annoyance with her attitude.

That apartment scene I spoke of above is so good I would have loved it if they spent the rest of the movie in the apartment just pissing about and fighting off zombie attacks on the apartment. They don't sound like they are being attacked or stressed out as much as the actual actors in the movie. Hence the reason why I dislike dubbed movies normally. Subtitled is king.

PS
The subtitled version is far superior to the dubbed version. Both are on the same disc. The dubbed versions voice acting doesn't give off the same believeable performances as those of the actual actors in the movie.

My only complaint about it was the fucking annoying bitch that was in the movie.

EXACTLY...And that's one of the main problems I had with the plot/character development is that they never really fully explained what would make her such a cold-hearted hateful person...I know they said something about her being pregnant and her being partly responsible for the guy being kiddnapped, and the ambush they plotted to get him back...but that whole part of the storyline was confusing to me, and still didn't explain why she was so hateful to the other male cops...

The last straw with her for me is when the main character police guy stayed back to help them escape and when the drug-dealer guy said, "he gave his life for you"...all she basically said in reply was "so what"...I know I'm paraphrasing a little bit, but when I was watching it I was like WTF !!...I've never seen anything in a movie quite like that and I couldn't figure out why in the world she would re-act like that...

So by the time the end of the movie came I was already through with her, but then what she did at the end was even worse !! Maybe it's just because I'm a man, but she was definately one of the most unlikeable characters I've seen in a movie....EVER !

On a positive note, though, she had one of the coolest fight scenes in the movie..and you're right, the old man was funny and the most likeable character in the movie..He was great !

But I couldn't justify giving it more than a 5 out of 10 because of what I considered to be a weak plot overall..first and foremost...out of all the people and buildings in France....What would attract so many zombies to a huge basically empty building with only 5 or 6 people in it...and what caused the zombie outbreak in the first place...

But I still enjoyed the movie despite what I considered to be its weaknesses...other than some of the plot and character issues, I thought it was very well done ! The overdub didn't bother me that much...I actually thought it was kinda cool !!

DJCowboy said:
I just watched The Stuff. Haha, it was good for a laugh but there are some gory scenes in these movies. You see faces often get destroyed as if they watermelons but in a much more disgusting way. The movie contains this infamous scene:

Never heard of that movie, but that scene was really cool and I'm going to watch it ASAP...Esp. since I've been a Garrett Morris fan since his SNL days...he did another really cool horror B-movie cult classic by Fangoria Films called Severed Ties...Check it out if you get a chance ;) !

Severed Ties (1992)

I thought The Horde was pretty decent. Not the best of the recent batch of French horror flicks but pretty entertaining.

It is a decent movie as far as zombie movies go. But she was the only real flaw to the entire movie IMO. Putting a really irritating character like that into your movie is a dumb thing to do. It really is. It stops the movie in question from reaching it's maximum potential.

Patrick_S

persona non grata
It is a decent movie as far as zombie movies go. But she was the only real flaw to the entire movie IMO. Putting a really irritating character like that into your movie is a dumb thing to do. It really is. It stops the movie in question from reaching it's maximum potential.
The fact that most of the characters in La Horde wasn´t very likeable was one of the things i liked best about the movie. Maybe it was some sort of problem with the english dubbing (i watched it with swedish subtitles), but i thought it was perfectly clear why the female cop was so cold and hateful. At least she had a real reason to be that way, the rest of the poeple in the movie were just your basic movie-scumbags/gangsters/crooked cops (except the old guy, who was pretty much the typical comic relief character). I thought the end was great. It would have been really easy to do a "we´ve been throught all this crazy shit together, have bonded along the way and now we will forget about all that have been in the past and go our separate ways". She was there to get revenge, and she was gonna fucking get it, no matter what the cost.

but i thought it was perfectly clear why the female cop was so cold and hateful.

Well tell me why because I didn't get it...also how is it this woman felt so hell bent to get revenge at all costs, yet she obviously didn't care about anybody in the movie except herself...she killed one of her partners, and then let the other die for her without even blinking an eye...

I thought that was a cowardly thing of her to do at the end...they had all called a trouse (police/gangsters) to fight their common enemy of the zombies, and she was the only one to break that trouse, and ONLY when it was the most convenient to her...after the guy had helped her escape.....I know the movie kinda ended like the zombies were going to get her next but that was no consolation for what she did..... She sucked

Jane Burgess

Official Checked Star Member
I love going to Netflix and watching lesser known horror movies or just B-Horror movies.

I love that movie. So many people haven't seen it, kinda like Night of The Comet.

I love that movie. So many people haven't seen it, kinda like Night of The Comet.

Yeah Night of the Comet was really cool !....I would consider it to be a cult classic... I love the '80's spirit of the movie that somehow manges an almost picture perfect happy ending even after the majority of all humantiy has been destroyed !

About to watch this one later tonight...It's kinda below average budget wise, but the title is cool, plus I also like what I've heard of the soundtrack so far...enjoy !!

Zombie Automaton Transfusion

My computer is still away having work done, so I haven't been watching much lately. I rented Night of the Demons (remake) one night when I got really bored and it was pretty bad. 2/10 for me (and that 2 is only for the girls in it lol).