• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

horror movies

I'm a little late to the party but I also want to throw my hat into the "Bordello of Blood" ring. Very fun movie that doesn't take itself too seriously. Angie Everhart has been mentioned and I would also like to say that Erika Eleniak was supremely hot as the buttoned-up, religious type that has to be total freak in bed. I've also been a fan of Dennis Miller's comedy for some time so that was an added plus.

That was pretty crappy and lame and it's another one of those movies that makes me want to pull my hair out but it was also self aware. But being self aware doesn't always excuse a movie for it's shortcomings. What I hated about The Stuff is the incompetence from top to bottom and it wasn't self aware. The Stuff was like a Roger Corman production and Corman is famous for not giving a shit about the quality of his films or putting very much quality humor in.

i must correct you... corman doesnt put intentional humor into his films... ;)

Speaking of "crappy" and "lame"...Don't ask me why....But I just got this...I'm going to watch it when I get a chance.....Uh... there will be no review forthcoming ! :thumbsup:

it certainly does look brainless... but it has strippers, and robert englund

although i havent seen it yet, the trailer for inkubus didnt look all that bad

It looks like it could rival the pile of crap that is The Phantom of The Opera as being the worst movie he´s made. He needs to get his shit together again, he haven´t made a really good movie since The Stendhal Syndrome in 1996.

argento, in my mind was one of those directors that would one day recapture the magic from some of his earlier films, yet has to do so so far.

my excitement level dropped drastically for this movie, just before it hit rock bottom when i saw this trailer :(

I'm a little late to the party but I also want to throw my hat into the "Bordello of Blood" ring. Very fun movie that doesn't take itself too seriously. Angie Everhart has been mentioned and I would also like to say that Erika Eleniak was supremely hot as the buttoned-up, religious type that has to be total freak in bed. I've also been a fan of Dennis Miller's comedy for some time so that was an added plus.

tales from the crypt never takes itself seriously, thats why i love it... sometimes they do a bit too much tongue in cheek, but its still an awesome show/ movies

i agree with you on erika eleniak. theres always a sexual freak under those pantsuits

and the only time i was lost on millers humor was when he did monday night football... it wasnt exactly his best fit

Stephen King's Needful Things is a good movie and Max Von Sydow just makes the film like he did with Flash Gordon

max is one of those actors that, for me at least is instantly recognizable. even if its a bit part or "cameo", my interest level goes up when hes on screen...

say what you will, but he saved the movie "strange brew"

i must correct you... corman doesnt put intentional humor into his films... ;)

it certainly does look brainless... but it has strippers, and robert englund

although i havent seen it yet, the trailer for inkubus didnt look all that bad

argento, in my mind was one of those directors that would one day recapture the magic from some of his earlier films, yet has to do so so far.

my excitement level dropped drastically for this movie, just before it hit rock bottom when i saw this trailer :(

tales from the crypt never takes itself seriously, thats why i love it... sometimes they do a bit too much tongue in cheek, but its still an awesome show/ movies

i agree with you on erika eleniak. theres always a sexual freak under those pantsuits

and the only time i was lost on millers humor was when he did monday night football... it wasnt exactly his best fit

max is one of those actors that, for me at least is instantly recognizable. even if its a bit part or "cameo", my interest level goes up when hes on screen...

say what you will, but he saved the movie "strange brew"

He had a cameo in The Wolfman with Benicio del Toro as the old man with the cane on the train in the extended version.

Last edited:
That's a real easy question to answer.

Do you reside in Alabama? I'm investigating a case.

unless the case youre investigating is "did you forget your meds today?", its a waste of time...

seriously, what wild hair crawled up your ass today?

any response you may or may not have can be made less public in the form of a pm or visitor message

Hondarobot

Banned
The question was: Do you reside in the state of Alabama.

It's a Yes or No deal. The most you would need to do is press three buttons on the keyboard, or two.

lol

I'll have to assume you are Bart Davis aka Crimson Raider, until some evidence is provided to prove otherwise.

you are now officially on my ignore list. ive tried to figure out what your deal is in private, but you choose to make your insanity a public affair.

for the record, i have never, nor will i have a 2nd account. and if we want to assume things, ill take it youre rocking at least 3 profiles.

Finally watched Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon. This is another (very) dark comedy that rips open the slasher genre and dissects it a bit. This one is partially a faux documentary in a world were characters like Jason, Freddy and Michael Myers aren't infamous movie monsters, but well known serial killers who have a sort of cult following. None of those characters are actually in the movie, but they're mentioned several times. A new killer, Leslie Vernon, is attempting to follow in their footsteps and a young journalist and her small crew follow him and document the rise of the next great legendary killer in the making. Leslie willingly, and eagerly, explains the psychology behind the masked killer as well as many of the tricks of the trade.

The acting is pretty damn good across the board and the dialog is somewhat stylized and well written, yet it never comes out as intended. There are several jokes that just fail for reasons I can't explain. Everything's a bit too high paced and there is zero subtlety, so the comedic timing is often off. But it's not entirely a comedy. At it's core it's a formulaic slasher (and it's intended to be) and plays out just like any run of the mill slasher.

I think it was a clever idea and the movie looks great. It's well cast, but it fails to be what it could have been. It's set in a world supposed to our world; the real world, yet requires you to suspend disbelief for the overall premise to work. It almost negates itself. Still worth a watch tho'...especially if you're running out of movies in your Netflix Instant Queue.

Hondarobot

Banned
I've never used an alt identity, and I apologize if I'm wrong here. Investigating a case requires hitting people until they talk sometimes.

Honestly though, I see no reason to believe you're not the person who I think you are, and you're using a new ID on this forum. Answering if you're from Alabama is pretty easy.

I'm from Minnesota. See how easy that was.

oh dario, say it isnt so... this doesnt look that good

Claudio Simonetti from Goblin has gone on record saying that the trailer is shit and shouldn't have been released and doesn't do the finished film justice. The trailer is supposedly from the rough stages of production and doesn't represent the finished product.

I have my doubts.

Finally watched Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon. This is another (very) dark comedy that rips open the slasher genre and dissects it a bit. This one is partially a faux documentary in a world were characters like Jason, Freddy and Michael Myers aren't infamous movie monsters, but well known serial killers who have a sort of cult following. None of those characters are actually in the movie, but they're mentioned several times. A new killer, Leslie Vernon, is attempting to follow in their footsteps and a young journalist and her small crew follow him and document the rise of the next great legendary killer in the making. Leslie willingly, and eagerly, explains the psychology behind the masked killer as well as many of the tricks of the trade.

The acting is pretty damn good across the board and the dialog is somewhat stylized and well written, yet it never comes out as intended. There are several jokes that just fail for reasons I can't explain. Everything's a bit too high paced and there is zero subtlety, so the comedic timing is often off. But it's not entirely a comedy. At it's core it's a formulaic slasher (and it's intended to be) and plays out just like any run of the mill slasher.

I think it was a clever idea and the movie looks great. It's well cast, but it fails to be what it could have been. It's set in a world supposed to our world; the real world, yet requires you to suspend disbelief for the overall premise to work. It almost negates itself. Still worth a watch tho'...especially if you're running out of movies in your Netflix Instant Queue.

again, great description of a film :thumbsup:

although you are right that the timing and delivery is off at times, the originality of the story kept me in it. having the other "slasher kings" mentioned as if they were real was also a nice touch.

if you enjoyed "behind the mask", you should enjoy at least 75% of cabin in the woods if you havent seen it already. it is a rare "major release" horror film that i have actually enjoyed in the past 5 years or so.

Claudio Simonetti from Goblin has gone on record saying that the trailer is shit and shouldn't have been released and doesn't do the finished film justice. The trailer is supposedly from the rough stages of production and doesn't represent the finished product.

I have my doubts.

i hope he is right as well. there are 2 versions of the trailer released so far, and there isnt much of a difference between them.

i wont dismiss the film until i have seen it, mainly because its an argento.

Hondarobot

Banned
Thanks for the PM. Simple question, again:

Are you Bart Davis from Alabama? AKA Crimson Raider.

I think that's a pretty easy question. Yes or no?

Who would you cast with today's "Stars" from Hollywood, who would you cast as the iconic monsters?

Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, The Wolfman.. ect?

Who would you cast with today's "Stars" from Hollywood, who would you cast as the iconic monsters?

Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, The Wolfman.. ect?

thats a tough one.

honestly, and keep in mind i doubt it would ever happen... but i think they should go with an unknown. and if not that, a talented method actor.

any person they might get for the roles these days would probably be the pretty boy type (twilight)

i thought the recent "wolfman" had the elements for success, but it seemed to fall short on audiences

Hondarobot

Banned
He won't answer if he's Bart Davis from Alabama. It would require hitting N and O then enter. Why can't he do that? He's clearly not busy with anything else at the moment.

lol

thats a tough one.

honestly, and keep in mind i doubt it would ever happen... but i think they should go with an unknown. and if not that, a talented method actor.

any person they might get for the roles these days would probably be the pretty boy type (twilight)

i thought the recent "wolfman" had the elements for success, but it seemed to fall short on audiences

I agree there as we seem to as audiences rely on the castings really to pull people to see a film like Rutger Hauer in the new Dracula film that's coming out that I remember someone said the photos looked like a set up Digital Playground would have done but besides that I want to see a really good movie, good story and great horror that doesn't rely just on a name.. People may shoot me in the foot for saying it but I loved Blair Witch Project as it was a good psychological horror really - even thought we are also an audience that likes special effects... A true great film shouldn't need those gimmicks just to sell seats.

But those are my two cents.