• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Election 2008

McBama or O' Cain?

• Total voters
Yeah there might be a lot of parties. But none of those little minor ones matter. They don't have the money to matter. Though the names have changed through the years, we've basically been 2 party...I think Teddy Roosevelt's Bull Moose Party has been the "most powerful" of the 3rd Parties..

Friday--what happens on little local elections is hardly the same as what happens in a presidential race. About the only scuttle I can remember with a Kennedy and an election was when your Homey, Frankie Sinatra "delivered" JFK to the White House (wasn't there some Union/Mob "orchestration" going on for JFK, on behalf of ol' Blue Eyes?)

I think John Edwards gave a great speech. It's a shot in the arm for Obama and a major shot into the bow of the Hillabeast Battleship. Hillary is taking on major water now, not even after the dust has settled from the W.V. wipeout (or should I say "white out"). Look at the National endorsements Obama has now--John Edwards, Bill Richardson, Chris Dodd, John Kerry...who hasn't endorsed him?

I don't think John Edwards will be offered or wants the V.P. nomination. He had his chance last cycle. I think Obama has someone else in mind, to be honest. I think Edwards has opportunities to be Attorney General in Obama's cabinet or maybe he'll return to State Politics and run for a Governorship somewhere...He could win the Governorship in South Carolina/North Carolina/Tennessee... basically a more "Modern" Southern state...

I think Kentucky will become a big win for Obama now. You get those two guys together in that state...Who's Hillabeast gonna summon to give her a boost? The Kraken?

Wasn't just Sinatra,the father Joe had connections with the mob from his bootlegging days and is said to have had mob help in chicago which barely won Illinois for JFK giving him the election in 60.Politics at all levels has been a hardball (dirty even) game forever.
But I need to say a few things ,this rock star kind of thing does nothing for me and is image over substance and actually makes me gag when people talk that way about any political candidates.Charism and all that is nice but solid policy proposals are whats needed.And he has been pretty vague about those so far.
And when does the Hillebeast stuff stop? Why is it acceptable to refer to her like that.She deserves as much respect as Obama does and if he wants to win you will see it coming from him if he is the nominee.Personally she is probably better off not being the nominee or even VP cause I think no matter what we have tough times ahead and not even the rock star will look good probably in 4 years.I don't see anything any president can do to fundamentally change gas prices and the economic situation we are in.Sure they can lessen the pain maybe marginally but that won't be enough to make people feel good about the situation.The only way that might really change is that the dems do something really bold like raise taxes dramatically on the rich(like a top rate of 65% instead of the 37% Obama has mentioned) and cut defense spending like 50% and spread that money in the economy and not takes years doing it.But nobodys gonna do that so it will all be small tweaks that as I said change nothing fundamentally.
On Edwards and the endorsement about the only real effect it will have is to knock the story of hillarys huge win in WV off the top of the news today.It would have meant more if he had endorsed before the North Carolina primary but now it just looks like he is jumping on the bandwagon.That isn't going to move many voters at all IMO.Did you see that even in WV Edwards was still on the ballot and got like 7% of the vote.Those again were more voters in WV saying nay to Obama.Won't it be a real dilema if after the primarys Obama has more delegates but Hillary has more popular votes.

The only way that might really change is that the dems do something really bold like raise taxes dramatically on the rich(like a top rate of 65% instead of the 37% Obama has mentioned)

If that happens we're going to see a whole lot of people of means take up residence elsewhere, which would lead to nightmarish ripple effects. You can only tax the wealthy so much....

If that happens we're going to see a whole lot of people of means take up residence elsewhere, which would lead to nightmarish ripple effects. You can only tax the wealthy so much....

Where they gonna go?Move to europe or canada?They will face higher taxes there then that I bet.As I have posted on before the tax rates in the US were once much higher than 65%.Its like when poeple say if we had socialized medicine the doctors would go somehwere else.That wouldn't work because there is no other country in the world with our type of for profit sytem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_tax_in_the_United_States

no what we need is the fair tax. So that way the gov. does not know how much you make. what ever you spend you get taxed extra so that will accumilate up and that certain amount of money goes to the gov. such as health care,schools and to the aarp for all the baby boomers who are about to retire. it is pretty simple.

only a fool would vote for McCain

the republican brand name is so tarnished and battered they might as well give it up as a party and pack it up

i can't wait until President Obama moves into the white house......where does the VP live? in a regular house???

I would either vote for Mike Huckabee or Hillary Clinton

Just an FYI for all u Obama supporters out there.
did you know that obama was muslim? the faith that wants to destroy america?

Barack Hussein Obama? Sorry I wouldn't want whatever change he has to offer
:2 cents:

The person who wrote this, and anyone with similar beliefs, is moronic to say the least.

I just find it a little telling that Obama tends to get the more educated votes.

Shouldn't that say something?

It does say something. It says that intelligent, educated people support Obama.

It also says that dumbass shit-kickers with GED's who live in the backwoods of places like West Virginia and think black people are bad and believe every word in the book of Genesis to be the literal truth support Mcain or Clinton.

So who do you think is making the more intelligent choice?

It does say something. It says that intelligent, educated people support Obama.

It also says that dumbass shit-kickers with GED's who live in the backwoods of places like West Virginia and think black people are bad and believe every word in the book of Genesis to be the literal truth support Mcain or Clinton.

So who do you think is making the more intelligent choice?

As a former Edwards supporter who went to Clinton I don't think I fit any of those sterotypes you mentioned and neitheir do most of the people in my state of NJ which went for Hillary.Now has racism figured into it in some places to some degrees ,most definately and that should not be ignored eithier as a possible impediment to Obama's electability.But sweeping generalizations about who supports who are not accurate IMO.Lots of women (who are a huge factor in elections) support Hillary,are they all backwood idiots or something ?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/17/us/politics/17huckabee.html

"In Huckabee Joke, Gun Aims at Obama"

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Mike Huckabee, the former Arkansas governor, was known for his sense of humor on the presidential campaign trail, but on Friday he startled listeners with his latest improvisation, an imagined gun pointed at Senator Barack Obama.

Speaking at the annual convention of the National Rifle Association here, Mr. Huckabee, a Republican, was interrupted by a loud noise from backstage. “That was Barack Obama,” he said. “He just tripped off a chair. He’s getting ready to speak and somebody aimed a gun at him and he — he dove for the floor.”

Mr. Huckabee soon apologized for his comments. “I made an offhand remark that was in no way intended to offend or disparage Senator Obama,” he said hours later in a statement. “I apologize that my comments were offensive. That was never my intention.”

Mr. Obama’s safety has been an issue. When he was assigned Secret Service coverage last May, it was the earliest point in a campaign that a candidate had been given protection. His wife, Michelle, has voiced concerns about his safety.

Senator John McCain, the presumptive Republican nominee and Mr. Huckabee’s former campaign rival, spoke several hours after Mr. Huckabee’s appearance. Reporters traveling with Mr. McCain did not see or hear Mr. Huckabee on stage, but his remark prompted some murmurs from the crowd.

Mr. Obama, who appears likely to become the Democratic nominee, was not scheduled to speak at the convention.

His campaign declined to comment."

Mike the danger is real and should not be joked about.As this story points out and I have mentioned before Obama's safety has been a concern since he decided to run and if he is nominee the danger will just grow as he campaigns for the Presidency.I wonder do the folks that think racism is dead in america beleive the secret service is just over-reacting and that Obama does not face more danger because he is black?

I am just so sick of these republicans.. they no they dont have much longer in the white house.

As a former Edwards supporter who went to Clinton I don't think I fit any of those sterotypes you mentioned and neitheir do most of the people in my state of NJ which went for Hillary.Now has racism figured into it in some places to some degrees ,most definately and that should not be ignored eithier as a possible impediment to Obama's electability.But sweeping generalizations about who supports who are not accurate IMO.Lots of women (who are a huge factor in elections) support Hillary,are they all backwood idiots or something ?

Of course there are always exceptions to the rule. But the statistics in question generally suggest that the intellectual elite in this country support Obama. They also show us that the people who support Clinton and McCain tend to be not so intellectually gifted. I was also referring to the West VA primary where Clinton won by a lindslide. I don't need to tell you that West VA has the highest concentration of country bumpkin buttheads of any state in these United States of America.

And yes, women are stupid. J/K;)