• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Election 2008

McBama or O' Cain?

• Total voters
I hear your concerns, Facetious. Obama have been vague at best on many things... and those things made him popular. He marketed himself like a *product* with qualities that arent rooted into real down-to-earth stuff.

Yet, it works. Its damn effective.

I suppose he wont change the face of United States.

But he might help more to straighten foreign policies (and therefore the US export buisness that cannot hurt in those times of economical decline).

My foreign :2 cents:

Shit McCain vs Crap Obama on November 4, 2008. :D

I would have supported McClain back in 2000 had he won the party nomination. I like Gore and all but found him too boring and how he wanted to distant himself from Clinton during his run to the WH was pretty mind boggling.

There's too many sound bites being thrown around during the election so I don't want to say I support Obama because of "Change" or "Hope" or whatever, but ask yourself why you'd expect McClain who's been a rubber stamp for Bush over 90% of the time during the past 8 years to do something different when he's prez? So he's gonna freeze gov't spending, get rid of all the earmarks and pork from gov't, and get the budget balanced in 4 years like he promised? PUH-LEASE!

Congratulations Barack Obama ... and Good Luck, United States Need you!!!. :glugglug:

As a white man, first off let me congratulate Americans on electing the right man for the job. I am very proud of white America for voting for a candidate based on his credentials rather than skin color. However, I am equally disappointed in my black brothers and sisters for voting irresponsibly. 97% of black Americans voted for President elect Obama.

Are we trying to make things equal in this country? Or are we trying to have a double standard?

I don't think it was a double-standard ...

As a white man, first off let me congratulate Americans on electing the right man for the job. I am very proud of white America for voting for a candidate based on his credentials rather than skin color. However, I am equally disappointed in my black brothers and sisters for voting irresponsibly. 97% of black Americans voted for President elect Obama.
Are we trying to make things equal in this country? Or are we trying to have a double standard?
Actually, that's historical.

Since several elections after 1964**, the Republicans typically get less than 10% of the African American vote for the Executive.
Although the African American vote had closed in 10%, up from closer to 5%, the last few elections for Dole and then even more for W., it swung well back down to under 3% for this election.

But can you really blame half to 2/3rds of African Americans note voting Obama?
Even Colin Powell, a Republican, gave his support to Obama, and it was very calculated, not just racially based.

**NOTE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964#Political_repercussions

Before 1964, Republicans actually enjoyed a lot of African American support -- especially since the "Dixiecrats" were a sizeable portion of the Democrats for several decades.
But after 1964, the Democrats alienated a lot of their support southern base, so they swing Republican, which correspondingly caused a lot of African Americans to swing the other way.
Especially when Democrats recognized the southern vote was only a minority overall (this was before Florida massively grew in population, among lesser states in the south).